I availed of this 'deal' and used my voucher in mid/late December 2013. The welcome was good, the bar staff were great, the food was good. However, the room was a disaster! We were put in a family room, which would have been great if we needed that. What we didn't need was to hear the other guest arrive into his room just as we were going to sleep (directly adjoined to ours) and feel like he was in the room with us. This poor unfortunate seemed to be sick with a bad cough and obviously couldn't sleep because he watched TV for the night and kept leaving his room constantly, banging doors, etc. and it wasn't until 4 - 5am we realised he'd been going out to smoke and decided he'd had enough and decided to smoke in his room. I had to put a pillow under the 'adjoining' door to stop the smoke coming in. We were kind of in shock and stupidly felt the other guest would eventually go to sleep. He had paid for his room and was entitled to do what he liked, but i'd say he was as shocked as we were to realise we were all sharing a 'Family Suite'. He turned off the TV at 5.30am. We had to get up at 6am!
When I was checking out I complained (rarely would) and the receptionist was not interested and didn't care...she actually said to me 'oh you had one of those deals didn't you'!! Will never stay in Auburn Lodge again. I hadn't reviewed to date, but when I saw this deal again I felt I had to review. Whatever you do, make sure you know what type of room you are booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 Star Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre is one of the leading Ennis Hotels which is famed for its traditional music and warm hospitality. The rooms at the Auburn Lodge Hotel Ennis are furnished with your comfort in mind and offer some of the best hotel accommodation Clare has to offer. The River Lodge Health & Fitness Club includes a Swimming pool, Gymnasium, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna along with four Beauty Treatment rooms, and is one of the most modern leisure facilities in the West of Ireland. Diners can enjoy traditional or continental cuisine at the Oyster restaurant. Tailor Quigleys Bar serves food all day and at night you can often enjoy a music session with many of County Clare's well known musicians. The Auburn Lodge Hotel in Clare is an ideal base for touring Bunratty, th Burren, Aillwee Caves and the Cliffs of Moher (20 minutes). Convenient to all local golf courses including Lahinch Golf Links Course. Shannon International Airport is just 15km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auburn Lodge Hotel And Leisure Centre
- Auburn Hotel Ennis
- Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre Ennis, Ireland - County Clare