Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
1,040 results
All reviewsleisure centrebar stafffriendly receptionistboth nightsbit datedfood was lovelyennis townself serviceboth morningsweekend breakan evening meallovely hotelstaff were lovelycouldn't do enoughold stylewould highly recommend this hotelthe pub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel in April and overall it was a pleasant stay.
The food was good and there was live music in the bar on both nights.
There is a good pool but the hotel is not within walking distance of the town centre.
The one weak point is that while the service was good, they are in no way child-friendly in their attitude.
We had several children and teenagers with us and both sets were scolded by certain members of the staff when they were doing nothing wrong.
Bar this attitude, I would recommend it as a budget break hotel assuming that yuo have a car.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Occasionaldiner5
Reviewed 14 April 2014

food was fab,,service was also great too,,but the manger that was on,, was not one bit nice,,we all spent alot of money,,from food and drink we easly spent up on 1000 euro,not one bit child freindly,,it was a pity she runed our day,,bad end to a great day,,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Evelyn H
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Im going to keep this short and sweet just like our stay at the Auburn Lodge!!! I stayed here in March with a group of my friends for 2 nights, i could have stayed for another week the service is out of this world from the 2 young girls at the reception to the bar/restaurant staff to the housekeeping staff they really went out of their way.

we stayed in a standard room which was clean comfortable and spacious, a little dated but it was ok. We ate in the bar on our first night food was nice.

The reception did not hesitate to recommend places for us to see, eat and enjoy a few drinks which led us to have a great night on the town. the only thing is it is about a 25 min walk to the town but you can get taxis no problem.

So thanks too all the staff at the Auburn Lodge hotel we will be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask where the Fr Ted house is :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Average hotel. Room was very big. We only stayed there for 2 nights. The room smelt of cigarettes even though it said no smoking in the room.

Leisure centre was a plus. The hotel was quite a distance from the town centre.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I availed of this 'deal' and used my voucher in mid/late December 2013. The welcome was good, the bar staff were great, the food was good. However, the room was a disaster! We were put in a family room, which would have been great if we needed that. What we didn't need was to hear the other guest arrive into his room just as we were going to sleep (directly adjoined to ours) and feel like he was in the room with us. This poor unfortunate seemed to be sick with a bad cough and obviously couldn't sleep because he watched TV for the night and kept leaving his room constantly, banging doors, etc. and it wasn't until 4 - 5am we realised he'd been going out to smoke and decided he'd had enough and decided to smoke in his room. I had to put a pillow under the 'adjoining' door to stop the smoke coming in. We were kind of in shock and stupidly felt the other guest would eventually go to sleep. He had paid for his room and was entitled to do what he liked, but i'd say he was as shocked as we were to realise we were all sharing a 'Family Suite'. He turned off the TV at 5.30am. We had to get up at 6am!
When I was checking out I complained (rarely would) and the receptionist was not interested and didn't care...she actually said to me 'oh you had one of those deals didn't you'!! Will never stay in Auburn Lodge again. I hadn't reviewed to date, but when I saw this deal again I felt I had to review. Whatever you do, make sure you know what type of room you are booking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
IrelandICH, Manager at Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Shirley,

I was personally very disappointed to read what happened with your room allocation for your stay and the negative issues as a result. This was a relatively unique situation but still could and should have been avoided. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay including the welcome at reception and the bar staff.
I see that you are based in Galway obviously not far away so I would like to invite you to come to our hotel again on a one night stay complimentary to show you that the room allocation issue is not the norm. Please contact me direct on riobard@rlynehotels.com if you want to arrange same. I hope it is not too late to try and make amends.

Regards,