Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The Auburn Lodge is a history buffs dream. The glass work, wood interiors and decor is consistent with the period and very beautiful. The service was good and attentive. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bed was a little firm but not unacceptable. Dinner in the lovely restaurant was a treat. For what you pay, this hotel is very, very good.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed here with family for 3 days recently. I only picked the hotel as it was a last minute arrangement and, to be honest, it was the only hotel I could get. However, it was more than I expected in many ways. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful (especially Edna the restaurant manager). Although I didn't get an opportunity to use the spa, there was a lovely welcoming receptionist with whom I had a very informative chat about the facilities and the treatments on offer.
The hotel is a 3 star and the decor is for the most part, well, 3 star I suppose. That isn't meant to sound like a negative - the hotel is pleasant and clean and as long as you aren't expecting a luxury hotel you shouldn't be disappointed.
Where the hotel really rose well above its 3 star rating was in the restaurant! We ate in the main restaurant every night and the food was outstanding. 5 stars for the food! I had the baked salmon 2 nights in a row. Even if you don't intend to stay here, if you are in Ennis I would recommend a dinner date in the restaurant.
And finally, to the acid test - would I go back? Yes.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fjchrisk
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were pleased with our large, clean and comfortable room and the friendly service. What makes it a really good choice is the leisure center that is available to guests. The indoor pool, jacuzzi and spa was great after a long day of being a tourist. There is also a grocery store next door which came in handy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roadwarriors2
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I recently visited this hotel for carvery lunch and on entering the hotel through reception I was greeted with the top of the heads of two receptionists who never even lifted them to exchange any form of greeting. I ordered lunch at the carvery and was told it would be a few minutes, not a problem, so I went back out to reception to see if there was a newspaper for sale as I had noticed some on the way in. I was very impolitely told ''try the bar'' by a lady who obviously is not enamoured with her job!!! ( the newspapers were still at the back of reception). On returning to the bar my lunch had arrived, which was quite pleasant. I ordered a glass of wine and was given an unpolished glass with it. On looking around the bar it is quite dated and in need of a total refurbishment and a good cleaning as the seat I was at had a lot of rubbish packed down at the side of it. As I left through reception the 'head' wasn't even lifted to wish me a good day or thank me for my custom. Lesson learned never will return again!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
11  Thank Skeating
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal for this hotel and stayed for 2 nights in a massive room! Staff were friendly, food was nice and leisure centre was handy! I can't say much more as we only stayed here for a flying visit to the cliffs but it was a lovely hotel, if I was going back to Clare I wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I'm just back from a great weekend spent in the Auburn lodge! The staff are amazing and extremely helpful. The food was also very good. And the spa and leisure facilities are amazing too! ..I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will be back myself!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here Saturday night, receptionist gave a warm welcome and helped me with my case to the room. Yes it an old hotel but it is clean and has everything you'd need. Appreciated the complimentary two bottles of water in the room. Breakfast was nice, i only eat cereal & toast so it would be hard to get that wrong. If i had one crib about the hotel, it's the location you need taxis a lot and at €8 a shot you'd probably be best off staying more central and pay the extra. Happy with the stay there though.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nuala F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!