I found this hotel on http://www.hoteldealsireland.ie/, the package I thought was very good for €125pps, it included 2 nights B&B, Dinner & one 30 minute spa treatment. The package was called the Romance package. Upon arriving at the hotel on saturday we were greated by 3 unprofessional & slightly immature receptionists who seemed to find it strange that my partner was a woman?! After this insightly conversation we were given our room & set off from the misleading reception to the twilight zone that was our room. Upon entering the room which was just off a grubby corridor, we were smothered by the stench of stale smoke & dust. I immediately opened the window & took a look around me. The carpets & duvet were stained. The bathroom was like something out of a seedy love affair motel room! I called reception to complain, I asked why we'd been put into a smoking room when I specifically requested a non-smoking room. The receptionist apologised but said 'ya I know but they still smoke in the rooms anyway!' Is this not illegal????
We were then moved to a similar room up the corridor which was equally as bad! We decided to make the most of it as we hadn't had a weekend break in about a year. It turned out id left something in the other room so we went back up to get it. On entering the previous room it seemed the receptionist had sprayed an air freshener!! How misleading. God love the guest who got that room next!!!
I had planned a nice relaxing weekend & was looking forward to enjoying being out of the chaos of Dublin, relaxing in the countryside. I was looking forward to the spa & relaxing in a nice hot bath. The bathroom looked like it hadn't been updated since the 70's. So clearly I wast going to attempt a bath. I waited for my spa appointment to 'Relax'.. My apt. was first so my partner waited outside for me. I spoke to the therapist for a few minutes and she asked me to sign a form. She asked me was I having the facial, I said yes. She then said 'and himself is having the massage' I said 'She'. She said 'Oh right ya' (No apology!!!) She seemed a bit confused & repeated herself again ' and he's having the massage?' Seething by this stage i said 'She's a girl, her name is*******' still confused she said to me ' Oh the receptionist said you were a couple?' OMG does this girl not know about Gay couples or what!!!! So I said' Ya we are?!' she said 'Oh thats grand so, you can pretend you're getting married!!!' and laughed!! I said ' We are' and she was like oh great!!! Seriously backward this girl! What made it worse was that when she went outside while i got ready for my treatment, she went & relayed the whole think to the leisure center receptionist!! My partner heard the whole thing! That girl ought to be ashamed of herself. I'm glad she was mortified, so would I be if I was that Ignorant & rude & I hope she realises when she reads this!
The only two nice people we encountered on the whole trip was the waiter in the bar & the receptionist on our departure. Geez was like taking a step into the past that place!!
PLEASE don't waste your money on this place as it is clearly not romantic. I just wish I had checked trip advisor the day I was booking as I missed the previous two complaints!!!
Pictures to follow people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 Star Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre is one of the leading Ennis Hotels which is famed for its traditional music and warm hospitality. The rooms at the Auburn Lodge Hotel Ennis are furnished with your comfort in mind and offer some of the best hotel accommodation Clare has to offer. The River Lodge Health & Fitness Club includes a Swimming pool, Gymnasium, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna along with four Beauty Treatment rooms, and is one of the most modern leisure facilities in the West of Ireland. Diners can enjoy traditional or continental cuisine at the Oyster restaurant. Tailor Quigleys Bar serves food all day and at night you can often enjoy a music session with many of County Clare's well known musicians. The Auburn Lodge Hotel in Clare is an ideal base for touring Bunratty, th Burren, Aillwee Caves and the Cliffs of Moher (20 minutes). Convenient to all local golf courses including Lahinch Golf Links Course. Shannon International Airport is just 15km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auburn Lodge Hotel And Leisure Centre
- Auburn Hotel Ennis
- Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre Ennis, Ireland - County Clare