“very good”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
“very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

lovely resturant in clare and one of the best in Ennis and the staff are so polite to you when you go in.

• Visited June 2014

Clare
“Delicious Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have dined in food emporium,for lunch over the years,and feel it blows hot and cold,from wonderful delicious reasonable priced food,to shoddy service,overpriced and less than enjoyable meals.Recently I have been back and was pleasantly surprised, that the standard seemed to be back to what it used to be a few years ago.I enjoyed a delicious sandwich,with side salad,and tea,at a very reasonable price.Service was prompt ,once again,amd waitress pleasant and helpful,irish girl.
I used to love their large bowls of lovely healthy soup,delivered with a lovely brown scone,this was reason enough for me and friends to go there,then they changed their soup bowls and the bowls got smaller and smaller,until they were literally serving saucers of soup,that suddenly seemed overpowered in taste, of salt,it took ages to get this bowl of soup,and you felt like a inconvience,not by manager/owner.always a very nice friendly chap,but waitressing staff seemed unhappy,yet another customer to serve,or ignore which they seemed to do.On my previous visit I sat at table for ten to fifteen minutes,and then just left,and had not been back until very recently.So I am very pleased to say,it seems to have come back to life,maybe I will even risk the saucer of soup the next time,and who knows,maybe owner will have rediscovered his soup bowls!
It has a great selection on offer,does delicious sandwiches,hot lunches, delicious breakfasts lovely cakes/desserts,and has a nice atmosphere,so I have to say I am prepared to give it another go.

• Visited January 2014