“Ennis Centre Location, Clean and Modern”

Ashford Court Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
“Ennis Centre Location, Clean and Modern”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Seems like a new building, rooms were in very good condition, we had one with a balcony.

It is run by a very friendly and helpful owner/manager, but its only about 400m from the main road that goes through the Historical town of Ennis.

We understood that the hotel has only been recently re-opened, and there are a few things that need finishing off (ie more channels on the TV etc).

Got a very good rate on their own website

Would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I did not realise this hotel existed, as I have checked accomodation previously in Ennis, and this hotel was not recorded. I asked Tom the manager why, to which he replied that they had recently re-opened, and happy to be so. I decided to give this hotel a try, as I have friends that travel to Ireland regularly, and thought as 3 STAR hotel, it might be worthwhile. I found the Chech Republic lady at reception to be very helpful and courteous on my arrival, and gave us a lovely large clean room. The bed was very comfortable, and slept well that night. The bathroom was also a nice size, although bare minimum toilet accessories available(Bring your own shampoo). Plenty of towels, shower took a little adjusting, but overall the room was lovely. The breakfast was a buffet of cold and hot items, and the eggs were cooked to your liking by the chef. Lovely breakfast, although the weather was terrible that morning, and I found the breakfast area a little cool. My partner lost her purse, and didn't realise until after we had breakfast that it was gone. The manager Tom couldn't have been more helpful, and gave us directions to the police station, where my partner reported it. The Garda at reception informed us that they had a call from Tom, who asked to be informed if purse had turned up, a nice gesture. The purse was handed in by taxi driver some hours later, intact. To conclude, this hotel is a 3 STAR hotel, no more at this present moment, but perfect for a short stay in Ennis. To add to this, helpful, thoughful staff can make a big difference. Give it a try !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarcOMaoldomhnaigh
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Really outstanding value for money. Very good breakfast. Very comfortable beds. Very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful.

We got such good value, we really shouldn't complain, but...
... no atmosphere. Emergency light in the middle of room 202 is way too bright and stays on all night. One would need to be a good sleeper.

Room Tip: Ask about the emergency light. It stays on all night in Room 202 and is exceedingly bright
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Like most of us when looking for somewhere to stay I check out the on-line reviews. Saw mixed reviews with respect to the Ashford Court but decided to take a chance based on the more positive than negative reviews and I was glad I did. Met the manager Tom who made us feel right at home. The room was spotless with a decent sized bathroom and large bed. I'd read that the room did not have tea/coffee making facilities so brought my own travel kettle. There is a tea room for guest where you can make you own tea etc. The breakfast was plentiful and of great quality. The highlight for us had to be the comfort of the bed and crisp white linen. We spend 2 nights in the hotel and had 2 great sleeps. Based on my experience at the Ashford Court the only thing I can say is that I will stay here again if back up the Ennis direction. Well done to Tom and the staff of this great little hotel

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TipperaryTourist
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Thanks for such a warm welcome;you did a great job. The place is value for money and all that i was looking for. Room was comfortable and clean and the location for me was spot on. The management were are what hotel management should be about everywhere.

I look forward to staying there again.

All in all a jewel of a place!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I wanted to like this place, it looked like it might be nice as I leafed through the badly taken photos on their website. And it's a boutique hotel, managed by the owner, how nice! A quick look on trip advisor and the reviews were mixed, still I thought I'd take a chance on it. I'm sadly regretting that now.
I had reason to be in Ennis for 1 night and needed somewhere to chill out for the night ahead of a busy days work. I checked in here and all seemed fine, a little harder to find than I'd imagined and parking was mish-mash but still, the gentleman on reception seemed nice. That's where it all stopped I'm afraid.
Assigned a room, I was given a story about how the tv had been nicked and was replaced by a little one with no remote, not a big issue but when I got to the room it hadn't even got channels never mind a remote. It wouldn't have been an issue except I was set to spend a bit of time relaxing in the room for the evening.
I was changed to a room with a working tv, kudos to the hotel for making the change.
On the way to the room I was told the elevator was being serviced and out of order, it looks like it's been that way for some time and looks like it's set to remain that way.
The room was horribly small, no proper heating, an electric heater mounted on the wall with an electric fan heater mounted on the bathroom wall. Barely enough room to squeeze around the bed which was badly made and looked old and tired. A horrific looking roman blind covered the window, barely blocking and light, no curtains existed at all.
Wifi doesn't exist despite the website promise that it does, and a complaint to reception fell on deaf ears as I was continually given the access key for the non existent wifi. Attempts to explain it's non existence to the owner fell on deaf ears also.
No ironing board, no tea/coffee facilities. No food served in the hotel except for breakfast. A strong smell in all the rooms and hallways doesn't help. Bluebottles in the window, one alive, one dead was the final straw.
Someone in this hotel needs to look up the definition of boutique, because this hotel is not boutique.
This is officially the worst hotel I've ever had the displeasure to stay at. It's a pity because it has potential but they really need to make some changed and fast.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AM0011

Travellers are raving about these Ennis hotels

Ireland
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We were only in town for one night but the hotel is a great choice. It is within walking distance of the town. The room was spacious and comfortable. It was chilly when we arrived but quickly heated up once the radiator was turned on. The bed was very comfortable with lovely pillows, had a great night's sleep. Only negative points were that that was no hairdryer in the room (we could have asked at reception) and no waste baskets either in the room or the bathroom. Other than that the hotel owner and breakfast staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We had problems accessing the WIFI but it turned out that the code supplied had an error in it, so check with staff to make sure.Breakfast was served until late and was very adquate, buffet style. We would recommend the hotel as a very comfortable, good value for money place to stay in Ennis

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike-Connie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Ashford Court Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!