“Place where the radio in the hall is always on!”
Review of Elmdale Farmhouse

Elmdale Farmhouse
Ranked #12 of 34 Ennis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at this B&B, while we travelled through Ireland.
Mathilda (hostess) is kind and helpful. She gave good (and cheap) tip for dinner (Yolo in Ennis).
There was no water cooker in our room, but when we sat in the living room Mathilda (or her mum) gave us tea, coke and biscuits.
The room was clean and the towels were changed every day.
Thank to her cousin Tom, our 2 teenage boys had also a great time at this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward v
ElmdaleTeam, Owner at Elmdale Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our property!

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us & we hope it won't be too long until we can welcome you back on your next trip to Ireland.

Until we meet again .......

"Wherever you go and whatever you do, may the luck of the irish be there with you"

Reviewed 11 July 2013

this is one of the best b&b we have stayed in..with a friendly welcome good rooms a great breakfast and very handy for the west coast spanishpoint and doolin only a half hours drive away what could be better

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johns2011

Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

This guest house is a little charm. On arrival greeted by Annie, what a wonderful warm and welcoming person. Travelling with a group of 4 others none of us had a complaint for the duration of our stay @ Elmdale. Annie's grand children entertained us with some Irish music and dance which we truly enjoyed. Breakfast was filling and plentiful. Our room was spacious and cozy and made us feel at home. Would highly recommend this guest house to all. Look forward to returning and sending friends here!!!:)

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We've stayed one night at Elmdale after our tour in Burren. Close to Ennis and on the way to Galway, we have received a very warm welcome from Mathilda (daughter of Anne). Mathilda is a very kind and talkative person and give us many good information to find nice places, good food... The room was big and very quiet even if the road is not far, we have a really calm night. The breakfast is good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed there for one night and it was pleasant enough. Our room was very clean and breakfast was good. The hostess did make an effort to speak to us at breakfast in the morning, which was nice. Overall, the house doesn't really have such a welcoming feel and compared to other B&Bs we stayed at, this doesn't come out top due to its atmosphere.
It's worth staying there if you want a nice and clean room and are not looking for warmth in a place and lots of contact with the hosts - but as I said, it was pleasant enough.

• Stayed: July 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review our property!

However, We are sorry to hear that you felt unwelcome :-( our guests comfort and happiness is our number one priority and it would appear that on this occasion you felt we didn't deliver on this! Hopefully you will return to Ireland one day and give us another chance to impress you!

Reviewed 30 September 2008

Our first stop on our trip to Ireland was at the Elmdale B&B. There were three couples in our party and we stayed for two nights. Our hostess greeted us warmly. She was very helpful in providing information about the area. We would highly recommend this B&B for anyone traveling in this area. Good location, very clean and the meals were delicious!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RockyKansas

Reviewed 15 August 2008

I am a repeat guest at Elmdale. I am a travel agent and I booked myself and my boyfriend in Elmdale years ago. We were recommended by the Irish Farmhouse B&B association when we asked them for a place not too far a drive from the airport. This was some years ago. Of course it would be in the best interest of the B&B association to recommend a place that would review well. Out of all the B&B's in that area, they chose Elmdale. That right there is saying something!

Now, you may be thinking that since they sent me there, I got special treatment because they knew I was reviewing them. Actually no, we didn't have the best start. I forgot to confirm my time and I showed up to nobody home. Well, that was my own fault. We left drove to the nearby Cliffs of Mohr and came back. Anne was there and my reservation wasn't. The B&B association forgot to send her the reservation. Anne gave us a room straight away, not knowing that we were sent by the B&B association...we were strangers off the street, tired from an overnight flight and drive and she was kind and her hospitality was top notch!

Our room was at the front of the house and it was clean, comfortable, great marble bathroom, nice hot shower and all the amenities you can expect from a top notch B&B.

The farmgrounds are gorgeous! This is a working farm with a lot of cattle and tremendous acreage. The farm itself is an industry. The B&B is a pleasure for your hostess to share of herself and to learn about others from all over the world. A stranger is only a friend that Anne hasn't met yet.

We have returned with family and with friends. We completely took over Elmdale for several days in May with my boyfriend's parents, brother's family, my daughter , abotu a dozen of us. We kept our doors open and lived as if we were spending time as one big family at home. It was the warmest welcome. We went on to stay at other B&B's and hotels along the way. For some it was a first time and for other's it was a return to Ireland. For all of us, Elmdale was our favorite place to stay even surpassing a first class hotel.

My boyfriend's neice turned 6 there. I mentioned it in passing to Anne months before we came. She had a pink ballarina birthday cake all ready for us...no charge! She spoiled and loved the kids and the love was returned 10 fold!

This was the only place we stayed during our last trip that the group of us was so moved we all chipped in for a gift for Anne. She is too kind to accept it so we left it with a thank you note and ran! She emailed us later saying we shouldn't have. We don't normally but we really felt strongly that we wanted to express our gratitude for such a kind soul.

The last trip was a week after my sister passed away. Anne sat with me in the common room and talked for hours. She really is a beautiful, loving person and I am blessed to know her.

On the professional side, I have sent many people to Anne on vouchers etc. Not a single one of them every said anything other than it was the best, warmest place they every stayed. I wouldn't stay in business if I couldn't trust the places I send my clients. I trust Elmdale as the safest pick!

If you read a negative review about Elmdale, I would strongly doubt the source. Some people travel, have a fight with thier companion and write a bad review. Some people travel while having PMS, a hangover or a tummy ache. Some people pick destinations not suited for them or when 1 thing goes wrong it ruins the entire trip. Wow, if I couldn't overlook 1 thing going wrong (my reservation not being there)...I would have missed a friendship I now hold dear. Lucky for me, I saw past that. Lucky for my clients and future guests to Elmdale that I pass the good word.

If you would like to see photos of Elmdale, contact me. They just finished the new building as well and I am looking forward to seeing that myself!

• Stayed: May 2008