“Best Lodging of our entire trip”
Review of Glenomra House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ennis
Glenomra House
Ranked #1 of 33 Ennis B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Lodging of our entire trip”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We travelled throughout Ireland and just returned. Of all the places we stayed, including even some upscale accommodations, none measured up to Glenomra B&B. It was just lovely - warm and homey - with an outstanding hostess in Mary Earlie. The breakfast was outstanding. Do not hesitate to book with this great little B&B.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed 2 nights in August, and had 2 rooms. Lovely house, about ten minutes’ walk into Ennis. Could not fault cleanliness, breakfast or friendly hosts, it just lacked a bit of a “wow”. Few things to improve would be hook on back of bathroom door, and a toilet roll holder, Toilet roll was just stored on top of cistern. Fresh milk in the room, rather than those tiny UHT things would be good too.

That said, would we stay again…………yes.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 13 September 2013

When I visit Ennis I always stay at Glenomra House with Mary. This year I was able to spend a week with them. All the rooms are so charming and very clean and roomy and nice bathroom. Very quiet and I sleep like a baby. Mary always has a warm welcome for you. It is an easy walk to City Center. Mary is full of thiings to do in and around Ennis and great a give directions. Ciaran, Mary's husband was kind enough to go online and make my bus reservations for me, and the day I left he loaded my heavy bags into his car and drove me to the bus station. They both go out of their way for their guests. They are a real pleasure to be around. The breakfasts are so delicious, my weakness are the scones. The are scrumptous. I came already anxiously awaiting my next visit to Ireland and escaping the heat and humidity here in North Texas next summer. It's like my home away from home

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Ennis was one of my favorite stops on our trip this year, and a lot of that goes to the fantastic B&B we stayed out. Glenomra House is so very charming, and Mary makes you feel like you are part of her family.

The rooms are extremely clean, and Mary keeps them that way daily!

Best breakfast around! Don't bother going into town for breakfast! Mary has one of the most amazing spreads I've seen!

Room Tip: All rooms are en suite, and all that I saw were very nice
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had a great time staying at Mary's B&B in Ennis. Mary gave us a warm welcome when we arrived and immediately offered to dry our wet clothes -- she'd noticed the weather forecast had been rainy where we were coming from!

The room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast -- especially the cheese board! -- was fantastic. Delicious fresh fruits too.

The B&B itself is just a short walk into town (10-15 minutes) and was easy to find based on Mary's directions.

We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Such a nice place and people. The bus driver dropped us near by on the Limerick road so it was super easy to get there from the Shannon airport. Ennis is charming with great resources. Loved Mary, the breakfast and all, great way to start the trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Antwerp
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Was in Ennis for only one knight. Very pleasent and good located. Best breakfast on my two week trip in Ireland, always stayed in B&B's.
Very freindly and helpfull host. Clean and pleasant room, lovely bed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Glenomra House? Share your experiences!