“Five star stat”

Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed 14 April 2012

All u can say is that myself and my family really enjoyed our stay, this hotel is not flash or new but it is customer friendly and very very child friendly our 4 year old loved kIds club and the disco was all about kids. Food was absolutely class nobody could complain it was five star and customer service was unreal. First hotel I have stayed in for along time I haven't felt taken advantage of.food is so good we ate here every hnight. Rooms really do need updating but leisure club is definitely high point for families. I highly recommend this hotel for families, we had two boys ages one and four they loved it.

• Stayed: April 2012
HarringtonBrian, General Manager at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I refer to your recent stay at the West County Hotel and to the subsequent feedback which you have provided.
We are delighted to learn that you and your family had a most enjoyable stay at the hotel. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Kids Club, the Food, the Club and the value and service provided by our personnel. It is greatly appreciated and will be conveyed to all concerned.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel

Reviewed 11 April 2012

we have just returned from west county having spent 4 nights there. on check in first impressions of the outside of the hotel was one of old worn building. reception was surprisingly modern looking and we were a bit more optimistic having checked in with a very friendly clerk.
however the room was very dissapointing. having some experience of hotels as we take 1 or 2 breaks a year with the kids I can honestly say it was the worst room yet. the decor was very basic with worn and scuffed furniture, open wardrobe and not seating area. the bed linen was clean but the baby cot was very old and scuffed. the carpet was worn and stained in parts.
worst was the ensuite. the bath is an old style bath which most houses have thrown out 10yrs ago. the power shower is over the bath and there was a yellow-stained bath mat stuck inside. the hot tap in our room was dripping and the flush on the toilet was difficult to use.
we ate in the grill the first night - the starters were the tinest portion ive ever had. i had goats cheese and it was served on two little round wafers about the size of the old pound coin.
i was very dissapointed but the worst was my 4 yr old daughter had pasta with chicken. a little bowl was presented with 2 tiny pieces of chicken like what you would buy from salad bar. her meal cost €6.50 which of course is a rip off.
for the 2 of us with 2 kids 4 and 9 and an infant who ate a baby bowl of spuds with soup. 2 glasses of wine and 2 pints cost us €109 euro. our most expensive meal out yet.
following that experience we ate out of the hotel for the rest of our stay. the chinese down the road opposite the garage was lovely but the other two nights we went to doolin to O' Connors where the most of meal cost with gorgous food inclu deserts €85.
to tell ya the truth following the first nite i was considering cancelling the break and moving hotel.
what saved the day for us was the kids club- twinkle, elmo and the gang put on a great show. my two were dying to go every day. they got to make lots of things in the morning after breakfast at 10am and were kept happy until 2pm. it also ran from 4-7 daily and then there was a disco show from 7.30-9.30. this was a brill show and my kids were there every evening and we could have a couple of drinks watching them dancing and playing games for the whole time. we brought the little one too and she was free to run around without feeling you were a nuscience like you would downstairs at the main bar.
overall from the kids entertainment point of view this was the best child-friendly hotels we have been too. the leisure center and pool area was also well guarded and a large kids pool too.
the biggest let down about this hotel was the standard of the bedroom and also the room wasnt serviced while we were there. the first day we were out and came back around 4pm. the room hadnt been done and i wanted to put the baby to nap so i just went out and changed the towels the guy came to the door and i emptied the rubbish into a bag he was holding. the next day i put out the sign to service the room. we went to ennis shopping and when we returned again around 3pm the room hadnt been done. we went to the pool and when we came back the bins were emptied beds tidied although i had made them earlier. we had to ring for toilet paper and also to have our wet towels changed as we had been in the pool and had to use room towels.
unfortunately there seemed to be only 2-3 room staff and the priority was the checked out rooms. with little attention to the remaining guests. 3-4pm is unsatisfactory for a room service especially in a family room where a baby may need to nap. prehaps the hotel should look at this area and use more staff to get work done earlier in the day.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 142 so prehaps try a different room. also the smell of cigarettes was terrible on...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SligoEdel

Dear Guest,

I refer to your recent stay at the West County Hotel and to the detailed review of your stay which you have provided. Firstly can I thank you for taking the time and effort to provide such detailed feedback as often it is only through such feedback that we can attempt to clearly identify and rectify any deficiencies which may have been overlooked.

We also wish to thank you for your kind comments regarding our personnel, the Klown Around Kids Club and the leisure facilities. The Klown Around facilities have proven to be very popular this year and we are delighted with the feedback from the programme.

We are sorry to learn of your experiences in the Grill Room and the Accommodation services and wish to offer our sincere apologies to all concerned.

With regard to the servicing of rooms, it is indeed likely in very busy periods that some rooms will not be serviced until 3.30pm or 4.00pm. I accept that this is an area we need to deal with as your experience clearly highlights the problems that can occur in such a situation. I also note your comments concerning the Anti Slip mat, the tap and the flush which have been dealt with.

Concerning your experience in the Restaurant, I do not know the breakdown of the €109 charge you refer to, but I can say that the vast majority of Main Courses are no more than €15.50, including Vegetables and Potatoes. We place a big emphasis on the value of our food offering and we are currently offering lunches for €5 and a Four Course Dinner in the Grill from €15 (from 5-7pm). I accept that the charge of €6.50 for Pasta and fries may be expensive and we will review the entire menu and its prices this week. Perhaps you would contact me directly regarding the breakdown of the charge.

I can assure you that the matters you raised have been dealt with and that we are confident we will not have a similar reoccurrence. I do hope that these matters did not spoil your entire stay and that it will not deter you from visiting the West County Hotel again in the future. Indeed if you are planning another visit to the area, I would be delighted if you would contact us directly as we would welcome the opportunity to meet you and to ensure that your next stay with us is a most memorable and enjoyable one.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

i have just returned from an Easter 2 night stay at the west county hotel with my husband and 7 year old, ok the good points and there are a few the bar is very relaxed and has a very friendly atmosphere the staff are 5 star and very accomadating there is a lot of activitys for the kids and they are kept busy with magic shows and discos all of down stairs has a cozy feel the swimming pool is big and has lots of little alcoves for kids to play the showers could do with some updating . Now for the not so good we went to our non smoking room and the smell of smoke was disgusting we contacted reception and they changed are room straight away the rooms and upstairs do need renovation they are small and very basic the bathroims also need updating the hallway is a let down for this hotel the carpet is vile and there is a smell..... all in all a good value break and the ups do out do the downs and yes even tough the rooms are not up to par i would wait here again the staff are a credit and make this hotel have a repeat customer :-)

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed in the West County for three nights, my wife and children and both sets of grandparents! we used the hotel as a base to visit the sites of Clare.

We had booked 1 family room and 3 double rooms, to ensure that we would all be together the hotel upgraded us all to family rooms. Which was ideal.

staff at check n and check out were attentive and helpful.

The rooms while a little basic were ok, old style TV's no minibar and oversensitive smoke alarms do need some attend tin however.

Entertainment in the bar and the food in the hotel were excellent.

Great weekend had by everyone,

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HarringtonBrian, Manager at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the West County Hotel.
We are delighted to learn that everyone had a great weekend and that you enjoyed the entertainment the service, and the food provided by our personnel.
With regard to our rooms, we have an ongoing programme of refurbishment designed to ensure that our rooms are always presented in a most acceptable condition. Through experience we have found very little demand for Mini Bars and hence our decision to offer Room Service rather than a Mini Bar Service.
Our smoke alarms do on occasion pick up on steam and I trust this is what may have set off our alarm. It tends to be a very rare incident but we will continue to monitor it.
Once again our thanks to you for your kind comments regarding your stay and we hope that we may welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.
Sincerely

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We got 3 nites b&b and a 20 euro hotel voucher off pigsback.com for99 euro!!! For 2 adults and a baby!!! A great deal I can't really complain..... ALTHOUGH I have t say the carpets were stained, even in the breakfast room, sausages not great either, bar food not good at all, curry really tasteless, chips soggy and food very dated! The potatoes for the carvery on one of our days weren't cooked! How can u NOT cook sliced potatoes for creamy cheese potatoes??? On the plus side, lovely efficient staff, nice room, pool. Wouldn't return but grand for cheap deal! We went t bunratty castle, amazing and cliffs of moher the most peaceful place I've ever been to

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies to you for the fact that our food offering was below what we expect to be the norm. The hotel has always placed a strong emphasis on our food offering and I am disappointed that we did not deliver a positive experience on this occasion. I can assure you that we will also endeavour to deal with the carpets that you have referred to.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your room, our personnel and the pool – we do appreciate that.
I do hope that you might reconsider returning to the hotel and to that end I would ask you to contact me directly as I would dearly welcome the opportunity to demonstrate to you, that what you experienced on your recent stay is far from the norm at the West County Hotel
Once again our sincere thanks to you for sharing your experiences and our apologies to you for the disappointment caused.

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed here for one night in April with my 1 year old. Hotel is old and run down. The rooms are tiny and you wouldn't swing a cat in the bathroom. Bath tub was worn with a off White filthy looking plastic bath mat left on side of bath to use. The hot tap was next to impossible to turn off and it took ages for the hot water to feed through ( not useful when your trying to bath a screaming 1 year old) toilet bowl wasn't cleaned properly found it quiet disturbing to use. Carpets in hotel are old and look filthy could do with a carpet clean or been replaced!went to restaurant in hotel for dinner. menu is seriously overpriced . I found the food tasteless was very disappointed as I paid €17 for main! Staff are very friendly and helpful. Would not recommend staying here if you have small kids the noise on the corridor of kids running up and down nearly drove me mad took ages to get my 1 year old to sleep .never again!!!

1  Thank Rosebery31

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the effort to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at the West County Hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment caused as a result of the room you stayed in. As I do not have details of your stay, I cannot comment on the particular room though we do have a range of room types and sizes. Clearly what you experienced in terms of the difficult tap, the hot water, the bath mat and the toilet are simply unacceptable and not a standard that we wish to maintain. I would be very grateful if you would contact the hotel to advise us of a Room number in order that we can promptly deal with the matter.

With regard to the food offered at the hotel, we are very keen to offer superb value deals such as €5 for a Carvery Lunch or our April Promotion in the Grill Room of €15 for a 4 course dinner taken between 5 and 7pm.

I am also sorry to learn that you had difficulty getting your child to sleep owing to other kids’ activity on the corridors. We do try to keep a close eye on this and I regret that we failed to do so effectively on that particular night.

We would dearly wish that you might consider staying at the hotel again in the future and we would welcome the opportunity to make some amends to you. Perhaps if you are planning another stay in this area, you might contact us?

Once again my sincerest apologies to you for the inconvenience and disappointment caused and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

From the service, value, exceptional staff, food and cleanliness. this hotel has out performed any i have been to, and that includes 5 star hotels, EXCELLENT I WILL BE BACK>

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
The Oakwood Hotel
The Oakwood Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shannon

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!