“5 star food at 3 star prices”

Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
“5 star food at 3 star prices”
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night. The whole hotel looks a bit tired and could do with a facelift, BUT ... the staff were excellent. Really friendy, accommodating and professional. We ate in the resteraunt and chose from the early bird even though it was 9 pm. The food was fab. Fresh, tasty and well presented. Would go back just for the food. Well done!!

• Stayed March 2013
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Kimteacher

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted your hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have passed your comments onto the head chef which are much appreciated, I know they work hard to maintain and improve the high quality food they serve. I have also passed your lovely comments onto the staff; they too work hard to help make all guests stay as pleasant as possible, and its always a great to receive such lovely comments.

With reference to your comments on the hotels décor. We have recently been taken over by new owners and they do have an extensive refurbishing plan in place for the hotel in the coming future.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Sinead Cusack
Marketing Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Just stayed one night at this hotel before we had to catch a flight to Shannon early the next morning. It was great for a quick stopover. Used the gym which had a lot of equipment. My boyfriend used the pool and had no complaints. We didn't really leave the hotel as we just stayed there for a night, so I'm not sure how close it was to the city centre or what the surroundings were like. The room was fine, on the smaller side, seemed a little dirty but maybe that's just because the hotel in general seemed in need of a makeover. Spent the evening at the hotel bar/restaurant to watch the soccer game. Good service. No real complaint except that it might just need a little remodeling. Only problem was the phone didn't work. Everything else seemed acceptable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lauren C

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m delighted to hear you found our location and facilities ideal for your early departure from Shannon the next morning. I’m glad you enjoyed our leisure facilities; the pool in particular is always a favourite of our guests.

I am sorry to hear you were not completely happy with your room, I have passed your comments onto our accommodation manager to look at the cleanliness of our rooms, our staff do make every effort to maintain high standards. I have also made her aware of the issue you had with the phone in your room, we would encourage our guests to contact reception during their with any issues so that we can address them as quickly as possible for you.

Once again thank you for your feedback, it is through guest reviews like yours that we can maintain and improve the standards which we set.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the West County Hotel again, to explore the town.

Kind Regards
Sinead Cusack, Marketing Assistant
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My partner and I came in to eat at this hotel after the rush had ended. While the waitress came to get our order quickly, it took 25 minutes to deliver our food--and we didn't order anything that required special cooking. The menu said that you could get chicken wings as an appetizer for one price, or you could get it as a meal portion for basically double the price. My partner asked to get the meal portion. When it came out, he was presented with 8 small chicken wings--no other sides. We thought maybe this was the appetizer size, because they were so small and so we asked. We were told that no, it was the "meal" size. I asked the waiter how many wings normally come in the appetizer--he said "6". If that is true, that means we paid over 4 euro more for just 2 additional wings? We would have been better off order 2 of the appetizer sizes of the wings instead! That doesn't make any sense. When I challenged the waiter with this, he rolled his eyes and walked away. Additionally, no one came back to see how we were doing. As for my food, I ordered the fish and chips--the fish came stacked on top of the rest of the food--chips and mushy peas along with some slaw. Because the fish was on top of the other foods, the bottom side coating turned to mush. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed the first time I ate here, and now with this, I won't be back again. You should heed these words and take your money, time and hunger elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
West_GM_12, Guest Relations Manager at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear Guest,
I refer to your recent experience concerning our Bar Food at the West County Hotel. Firstly, I wish to thank you for taking the time and effort to detail your experience as often it is only through such feedback that we can maintain and improve the standards which we set.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion regarding the portion sizes for the Chicken Wings – it is/intended to be actually 5 Wings as an Appetiser (€6.00) portion and 10 Wings as a Main Course (€11.50) portion. I am most disappointed to hear that your server was less than helpful- as we repeatedly receive compliments about the standard of the service delivered by our team.

Please be assured that we will deal with the matter, in order to prevent a similar reoccurrence.
I can assure you that we will also deal with the presentation of the Fish & Chips and I thank you for alerting us to this.

Brian Harrington

Travellers are raving about these Ennis hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed for one night in Feb 2013. The only good thing about this hotel was the staff. They were very friendly, courteous and went out of their way to be helpful. The hotel itself - once you move beyond the reception area - is grubby, dirty and in need of a massive makeover. Our room had dodgy looking stains on the carpet, the taps in the bathroom were rusted, the bath had yellow stains worn into it, there was a bad smell of stale urine in the bathroom when we arrived (which admittedly did go after a few flushes of the toilet), the corridors stank of cigarette smoke and the carpets and wallpaper look like they haven't been changed in 50 years! Our group had 4 rooms in the hotel and 3 of them were in similar condition. The one that wasn't was a single room. We didn't use the leisure facilities but I heard they are acceptable (I guess they are probably newer?).

In summary, once you move beyond the reception area and possibly the leisure facilities, this hotel doesn't appear to have had any investment in decades and clearly shows that! We paid €42pp B&B and whilst I was expecting it to be cheap and cheerful, I was not expecting it to be grubby and dirty.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I refer to your recent experience at the West County Hotel. Firstly, I wish to thank you for taking the time and effort to detail your experience as often it is only through such feedback that we can maintain and improve the standards which we set.

We are very disappointed to learn that you felt some parts of the property were ‘grubby’ and ‘dirty’ as cleanliness of the property is very important to us at the hotel.

With regard to a ‘makeover’, I am pleased to advise that the hotel has recently been bought and plans are afoot to carry out refurbishments in many areas of the hotel including our Guestrooms.

Whilst I can appreciate that this experience was not as you had hoped, I do hope that it will not deter you from visiting us again in the future in order that we may make amends and to demonstrate the changes that have been made.

I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting the West County again in the not too distant future. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment caused and our thanks to you for bringing the matter to our attention.

Longwood, Meath, Ireland
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Hotel was just average could do with a bit of a modern touch. Nothing special about the rooms....have to say the staff were lovely & very helpful...Bar food was very nice, breakfast was just ok. Great location very close to the town without being in the middle of it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I refer to your recent experience concerning your recent stay at the West County Hotel. Firstly, I wish to thank you for taking the time and effort to detail your experience as often it is only through such feedback that we can maintain and improve the standards which we set.

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our personnel and indeed the quality of our food – it is much appreciated.

With regard to a ‘modern touch’, I am pleased to advise that the hotel has recently been bought and plans are afoot to carry out refurbishments in many areas of the hotel which will no doubt add a ‘modern touch’

Hopefully, we can look forward to welcoming you back to the West County Hotel in the not too distant future.

london
Reviewed 25 February 2013

stayed for one night and all ok and good value for money except shower was only lukewarm rather piping hot as I like

Didnt stay for breakfast as decided to eat breakfast in Ennis which was OK and half the price charged by hotel

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LondonCosmopolitan
Dear Guest,

I refer to your recent experience concerning your recent stay at the West County Hotel. Firstly, I wish to thank you for taking the time and effort to provide some observations of your experience, as often it is only through such feedback that we can maintain and improve the standards which we set.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I am sorry to learn of the lukewarm water which seems to have been a ‘one off’

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Family celebration weekend. We were shocked by rundown state of hotel. Lobby, corridors and bedrooms very cold and uninviting. Staff good and worked hard at dealing with a disfunctioning building. Slept in Aran jumpers in freezing room. Staff responded as best they could with extra duvets and heaters. No hot water by second day. hotel clean considering the state of aged decor and plumbing. Breakfast very good and casual atmosphere helped relaxation. Pool service good. Keep your staff but massive update needed on hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our personnel, their service and indeed the quality of our food – it is much appreciated.

With regard to the heating, please accept our sincere apologies for the obvious discomfort caused which I can assume was owing to an unforeseen problem with our heating system.
I can assure you that this is far from the norm at the West County Hotel.

With regard to a ‘massive update’ the hotel recently changed ownership and I am pleased to say that plans are underway to commence refurbishment works in a number of areas of the hotel, which I hope you will benefit from on your next stay at the hotel.

Brian Harrington
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!