“Staff wonderful”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Staff wonderful”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

First the bad, the hotel is incredibly noisy . The noise from the hallways and neighboring rooms travels through the paper thin walls. Bring ear plugs! Secondly, the temperature in the rooms can't be controlled. We had two rooms and both were stifling hot.
Now the good. Nice location, we walked in town for dinner and didn't have to get back in the car. The staff was very friendly from the waitresses to the front desk. We all we pleasantly surprised with the breakfast options. Parking is also a plus, no hassle parking and a large lot.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Zoe3390

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you found our location to be central and could park the car up for the few days and relax. Thank you for the lovely comments about our staff I will pass on your feedback to them.

I am sorry to hear that you encountered a lot of noise from our hallways. We would stress to guests whenever they have any issue to please contact reception and we will do out utmost to rectify the problem. I have passed on your observations about the heating to our maintenance manager who will look into it further.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review, we value all our hotel reviews to help us maintain and improve on our existing standards.

Sinead Cusack, Marketing Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Had Easter special offer break which we were led to believe included kids club. Arrived with our 3 kids no club on til following weekend. The pool is freezing! Dont bother. Staff are excellent it's the ONLY thing going for the place. It's such a shame. We wrote a complaint regarding our stay when we arrived home with a quick response. The hotel has been sold on and theres hope (not definite) for refurbishment. Hotel is outdated tired run down decor wise. The carpets stained and worn through. Cracks and holes everywhere along corridors. The food although good quality lacks the restaurant feel to it. A bit heavy handed with the salt too. Coffee shop does decent tea and scones just looks a bit lost one fridge with few beers drinks and jam in it. bedroom "duvets" are a weird concoction altogether but do ask for extra blankets for kids especially as we were there during snow fall. I'd love to give it something and say yes try it but there's better places you could and should stay in Clare.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Gekko7
SineadCusack, at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Gekko7

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad to hear you found our staff to be excellent. We are lucky to have such good people working with us and great to give them nice feedback.

I’m disappointed to hear that you found the pool cold; I have passed your comments on to the Leisure Centre manager to look into. Also I regret that you were mislead about the kids club dates, this is something we will look into making clearer to ensure this confusion does not occur again. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I have also passed your comments regarding the food onto the chef, it is always helpful to get feedback from our guests so changes and improvement can be made where needed.

It is correct that we have been taken over by new owners in the last month. They do have an extensive refurbishing plan in place for the near future.

I hope you give us an opportunity to restore your faith in West County Hotel in the future.

Thank you again for making the effort to leave a review, we do appreciate all your feedback.

Sinead Cusack, Marketing Assistant

Travellers are raving about these Ennis hotels

Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the West County last week and got great value for a family of five for two night bed and breakfast and one evening meal. We got a room with one double bed and three single beds. There was plenty to eat at breakfast, couldn't fault the dinner, the steaks were delicious and the kids spent the day in the swimming pool. The reception staff couldn't do enough for you. We had a great relaxing time there and would recommend it to any family. Great staff, food, swimming pools and value but the hotel itself needs a bit of investment.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank EdwardO71
Dear EdwardO71

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us. Its great to hear the kids made good use of the swimming pool.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our reception staff and also about the food, I have passed your comments on to the chef, its always great to hear lovely comments.

We have recently been taken over by new owners who have an extensive refurbishing plan in place for the coming future.

Tullow, Ireland
Reviewed 27 March 2013

clean hotel, lovely breakfast in the morning, nice staff very helpful even doh we only stayed one night not as holiday, good amount of parking spaces as we traveled for drifting so we need good parking for the jeep and trailer, will probably return

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monika_s14a
Dear MonikaSean

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I’m glad that you enjoyed breakfast and thank you for your lovely comments about our staff. It is very much appreciated.

Newbridge, Ireland
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I had a 3 night stay with my wife. We brought along our parents for the weekend. The room we had was small, basic and clean. We ate in the bar and restaurant where the food and service was excellent. The hotel and bar area are in need of modernisation but that had no effect on our stay. Gym and pool area excellent. My only fault on our stay was lunch in the café. Had a Tasteless lasagne, I feel a deli counter would be of better use where you could get a sandwich or panini and leave the hot food to the bar and restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear TonyMc743

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that all your party enjoyed your stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed our pool and leisure facilities and that you enjoyed your meal in the bar and restaurant with excellent service.

I am sorry to hear you were not completely happy with lunch in the café; I have passed your comments on to the chef along with your suggestions. We do welcome all feedback to help us maintain and improve on our existing standards.

Once again thank you for making the effort to post a review, we really do appreciate them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to West County again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night. The whole hotel looks a bit tired and could do with a facelift, BUT ... the staff were excellent. Really friendy, accommodating and professional. We ate in the resteraunt and chose from the early bird even though it was 9 pm. The food was fab. Fresh, tasty and well presented. Would go back just for the food. Well done!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Kimteacher

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted your hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have passed your comments onto the head chef which are much appreciated, I know they work hard to maintain and improve the high quality food they serve. I have also passed your lovely comments onto the staff; they too work hard to help make all guests stay as pleasant as possible, and its always a great to receive such lovely comments.

With reference to your comments on the hotels décor. We have recently been taken over by new owners and they do have an extensive refurbishing plan in place for the hotel in the coming future.

Sinead Cusack
Marketing Assistant
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Just stayed one night at this hotel before we had to catch a flight to Shannon early the next morning. It was great for a quick stopover. Used the gym which had a lot of equipment. My boyfriend used the pool and had no complaints. We didn't really leave the hotel as we just stayed there for a night, so I'm not sure how close it was to the city centre or what the surroundings were like. The room was fine, on the smaller side, seemed a little dirty but maybe that's just because the hotel in general seemed in need of a makeover. Spent the evening at the hotel bar/restaurant to watch the soccer game. Good service. No real complaint except that it might just need a little remodeling. Only problem was the phone didn't work. Everything else seemed acceptable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lauren C

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m delighted to hear you found our location and facilities ideal for your early departure from Shannon the next morning. I’m glad you enjoyed our leisure facilities; the pool in particular is always a favourite of our guests.

I am sorry to hear you were not completely happy with your room, I have passed your comments onto our accommodation manager to look at the cleanliness of our rooms, our staff do make every effort to maintain high standards. I have also made her aware of the issue you had with the phone in your room, we would encourage our guests to contact reception during their with any issues so that we can address them as quickly as possible for you.

Once again thank you for your feedback, it is through guest reviews like yours that we can maintain and improve the standards which we set.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the West County Hotel again, to explore the town.

Kind Regards
Sinead Cusack, Marketing Assistant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,088 reviews
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!