“Value for money”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Kerry
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Hi there,just want to tell you about the great time my Family and i had at the hotel,
The family room is massive,plenty to do at the hotel for adults and kids..from swimming waqlking eating or just sitting down in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Corridan

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you made the most of swimming and were able to relax.

We appreciate you making the effort to post a review, as it is from reviews like this that we can maintain and improve our standards of service.

Sinead Cusack, Marketing Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed for just one night en route to Galway from Kilkenny. Lovely, clean room. Busy bar in the evening, breakfast was okay, reception staff very helpful and attentive. Ten minute stroll into the lovely town of Ennis. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kevin N

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff and glad you enjoyed the town.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my wife and our 2 girls in early April and just had a fab time. this was the 3rd time i stayed here. from check in to check out the stay was fab. the kids loved every part of it and made loads of friend with the other residents children. The room we were in was not one of the newly done up rooms but it was very clean and spacious. I got a look of one of the New rooms and they are lovely. the leisure center was the same as it was before which is great with loads of room. i ate food in the bar each night which was tasty. my only gribe would be that the menu could do with a few more choices on it. breakfast was vtry good and the staff helpful. the staff were great each time i was there but this time the all seemed happier to be there. they never stopped smiling. all in all i Will be back. thank you to everybody at the west county.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank johntreacy
Dear John

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We really appreciate your lovely comments about staff and I’m glad the kids enjoyed their stay, and made friends.

I have passed your comments regarding the menu options to our chef, it is through feedback like this that we strive to maintain and improve our standards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my wife and two kids in the west county on arrival the reception is very nice and friendly ,then move to the halls which don't do the hotel a great service the are in need of updating carpets etc ,the room itself was clean fresh and only newly decorated and all mod cons working
The lesuire area serviced us well as a family as our kids love the pool, area was again clean and friendly
At night the kids went to kids club both nights they enjoyed it face painting DVD etc from experience if my kids don't like the club they won't go back a second night I wonder were they got that from,
The bar was also family friendly were we enjoyed music and dancing with are kids till late with other family's
Overall this hotel is well run looking to help family's have a nice break away yes some of the areas need updating but the main facility's are at a good standard we enjoyed our stay well done and thanks

Dear Dac036

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently and that the kids enjoyed the pool and the kids club.

I am glad to hear your lovely comments about the staff and the bar atmosphere.

With regard to your observations about the hotel décor, we are recently under new ownership who have an extensive refurbishment plan in place for the coming future.

Thank you again for making the effort to post a review on our hotel, we do appreciate all your feedback.

Leitrim, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Having read some of the scathing comments on this hotel in Tripadvisor, I seriously contemplated cancelling our 3-day Easter break in the West County Hotel in Ennis. Thank goodness I didn't! While the hotel itself is by no means in the first flush of youth, the staff were the most unfailingly pleasant and helpful of any I have encountered anywhere. Breakfasts were more than satisfactory (apart from the fact that they didn't serve mushrooms), while the dinners were delicious (especially the steaks). Food served in the bar was fine. The bedrooms could do with refurbishing, but everything was spotlessly clean, beds were comfy and the shower was invigoratingly good. The hotel has ample car parking and is conveniently situated on the Limerick road, about 10 minutes walk from the centre of town. If you are not hung up on five-star chic, the latest décor or flat-screen TVs, you'll find this hotel more than adequate, and offering excellent value for money. My wife and I both enjoyed our break in the West County. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom_Yerman
Dear Tom_Yerman

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently.

Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff and I’m glad you enjoyed dining with us.

With reference to your observations about the hotel we are just recently under new ownership who have an extensive refurbishing plan in place for the hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the west county for Easter weekend with family & had a ball... The hotel is a little bit dated but so what everything else about the place is just brilliant. The staff are the best hotel staff I have seen in a long long time so welcoming the girls on reception are so friendly & helpful. We upgraded to a suite & it was lovely & so worth it for the little extra cost. The pool was great the changing rooms were a bit run down & absolutely freezing but just get dressed quickly & its fine
The Grill Room for food is amazing but the bar menu isnt great at all obviously totally different chefs. All in all our stay was great & will definitely go back there & would recommend it to others

Dear Christinaoc

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pas your lovely comments on to the staff, we are very lucky to be working with such lovely staff.

I am glad you enjoyed one of our suites and made good use of our pool. I have passed your comments onto the leisure centre manager about the dressing rooms for him to address.

Thank you for your feedback on the County Grill and Bar menus, I have passed them onto the chef. Once again it is with the help of reviews like yours that we can maintain and improve our standards.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Dear Brian
Just home from a fantastic hotel stay. We stayed in a family room. One double 3 singles. It was lovely and spacious . And spotlessly clean. The staff were just one word world class! They were so helpful nothing a problem. They were so kind to the kids. Made them feel very special. The kids club is the ace up this hotels sleeve. Mine couldn't wait to see the girls and meetup with their friends. We will go back again. Next time I definitely will bring my parents . They would love it. Many thanks again.

Regards

Dear Carolro

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the kids enjoyed the kids club.

I have passed on your lovely comments to the staff, its great to hear your thoughts as they do work hard.

Thank you for making the effort to review our hotel, its through feedback like yours that we aim to maintain and improve our standards.

Sinead Cusack, Marketing Assistant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,068 reviews
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!