Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
1,010 results
All reviewskids clubleisure centrebunk bedsfamily breakbar foodcourse mealfood was lovelyfunction roomgreat weekendboth nightsenjoyable staylovely staffa lovely stayennis townboth morningswould highly recommend this hoteldisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Myself,the wife and our 11 month old son spent 3 nights in the West County over the bank holiday weekend in June. The lovely lady on the desk was brilliant,quick and efficient check in and a few laughs with our son. The room was grand,plenty of room to put the travel cot up and plenty of wardrobe space. The room was left immaculate every day after cleaning.

We had breakfast every morning and it was very good. We were usually up very early so were often the first ones in the room. We had one evening meal in the restaurant and it was very good. We had our son with us and one of the staff very kindly gave us a bowl of mash mixed with soup for him as he was getting a bit fractious. We also ate in the bar which was good and decent value.

It's a great base for exploring all Clare has to offer. We travelled from the West County to the Cliffs of Moher in about 35 minutes,albeit on a sunday morning. I'd definitely recommend this hotel,it appears to have a great kids club which we might have to check out in the future when our son is older.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnK9874
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear JohnK9874

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and found us to be a good base for exploring County Clare.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff and I am glad to see they looked after your little man.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Spent two nights on 2 separate weeks at the West County in May 2013. Room very clean and comfortable. Bathroom could do with upgrade: difficult to use bath as couldn't stop shower head dripping quite heavily; shower head could be replaced with more modern, more effective one. Reception staff very friendly and welcoming . Others less so. Overall, I do recommend this hotel. It is good value for money and in a convenient location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Mollie1961

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our reception staff.

I am happy to hear you found our rooms to be comfortable and clean. As you may know we have been purchased by new owners in the past few months who have an extensive renovation plan in place for the hotel in the coming months.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed in the West County hotel and had hot lunch on a Wednesday, the hotel had many lunch-time customers including many students. Although the food was nice the staff were unfriendly towards myself and most other customers, especially (who seemed like) the manager! From my perspective it was clear that they treated the students very shabbily. Everything else was average and as I expected (I didn't have extremely high hopes) but after the rude staff I won't be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sk7travel

Dear Sk7travel

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed your meal with us.

I am shocked and appalled to read that you found our staff to be rude and unfriendly. As you may see from the reviews below we frequently receive compliments stating how friendly and pleasant our staff are. I am sorry that your experience with us was not the same.

I hope you afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in the West County Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My ideal sort of hotel really - high standards, but aging and therefore able to offer really good deals. Very handy for Ennis, which in turn provides easy access to the Burren and County Clare's incredible coastline. Something for everyone here. Family friendly.

Room was well appointed, clean and quiet. The staff were as good as you will get anywhere - extremely polite and helpful - and did a lot to set the whole mood of the place. I ate in the bar and the terrace restaurant, both of which were really good, providing a fairly basic menu at reasonable prices. I didn't have time to sample the high end restaurant.

On top of all that, there is a leisure centre free for guests. Again, clean and well run. Great pool and steam/sauna for relaxing after a days trek in the Burren. Would echo an earlier comment about having no lifeguard or pool supervisor. Not good practice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ConsultantIreland

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed dining with us.

With reference to your experience in the leisure centre, there are indeed two lifeguards on duty at all times, one deck based and one desk based. From time to time the deck based lifeguard may need to attend to different matters at such time the desk based lifeguard will still have the full view of the pool. We certainly take your concerns onboard and will look at the practices we have in place to ensure all guests using the leisure centre are reassured by our lifeguard presence.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed for three the week of May 13th, 2013. This hotel is a great value for the money and in a great location...it's a 15 minute walk to the center of Ennis. My room was very clean,newly renovated and well appointed including a large flat-screen tv. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and accomodating. The breakfast buffet was more than ample and the wait staff very attentive. The food and service in the dining room was superior...excellent preparation, presentation and quality. The pool and fitness center, an added bonus. I intend to stay again when I return to Ennis.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear IrishBill422

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent time with us. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff.

I am happy to hear you found our bedrooms comfortable and our location central to the town of Ennis.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.