“We will be back.”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Dublin, Ireland
“We will be back.”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed for a week with a cycling group. The staff were very friendly throughout the whole hotel.
Nothing was a problem to them. The rooms were very clean, food and service was terrific. The
bar is large and the kids have there own play area. To top it all the swimming pool was a lovely
treat. As my heading says we will be back I have just booked it again for 2014. Well done West
County.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear 65Alice,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out to leave us your feedback. We are always delighted to hear feedback, good and bad, directly from our guests.

We were delighted to welcome you and your group to stay with us recently. I am glad you found our staff friendly and helpful and that you found food and service good.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again for 2014 and we’ll start wishing for fine weather now.

Marketing Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed for 4 Nights with my Partner and Two Kids(15years and 10 years). Had a lovely stay the Family Room catered to all our needs. Staff were lovely throughout the whole hotel and there is nothing they wouldnt do for you especially Seamus who greeted you at Breakfast and still there at dinner time checking everything was okay. The Bar was lovely especially the food where we ate eveynight and found great value. The Hotel has a lot of facilitys that cater for Family's Kids club, Pool table, Swimming pool and found there was a great ambience about the place.

Will definately be staying there again :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Mcraffers

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff, I am happy you found them helpful and friendly.
I am glad the kids enjoyed themselves and made the most of the swimming pool.

Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay.We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Treacy’s West County Hotel again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 August 2013

A fantastic 4 night stay. I would like to wish the new owner Patrick all the success on his changes to the West county. As a regular visitor I immediately noticed the difference and all for the better.The reception is bright and warm with very friendly staff. The large family room is clean and prefect. The bar is large and divided where the adults have nightly music and kids have games machines,pool tables and kiddies club. The food was gorgeous great value for money. I look forward to returning A big thumbs UP!

3 Thank jacqueline f
Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and have seen improvements within the hotel.

I am happy you find our staff friendly and the hotel value for money. We value all feedback we are lucky to get from our customers as we endeavor to improve and maintain our standards within the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the West County Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed for two nights with my one year old. Had a lovely stay. Staff were very friendly especially seamus who checked with us to see how are stay was going several times. Rooms were very clean, food and service was good. Great value for money. Will definately be staying again!

• Stayed August 2013
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear 123lau
Thank you for taking the time out to leave us your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff, I am happy you found them friendly and helpful.
We are delighted to receive comments from our guests whether good or bad as it helps us improve and maintain the standards within the hotel. I am glad you found the hotel value for money and the food and service to be good.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the West County Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Rooms average
.food terrible on both nights of our stay. Couches in bar stink. The only good thing is that we leave tomorrow and the alcohol works in drowning out the smell and bad appearance. Do not stay here unless you like sh blank! You can swim off your greasy sausage s in the morning. 100 lengths should suffice ! Ps waitress serving us food stank off sweat. Very appetising ! IM NO GORDAN RAMSAY BUT AN ELEPHANT COULD COOK BETTER !

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank conas
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Conas
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. It is only through such feedback from our guests that we endeavour to improve and maintain on our standards and practices within the hotel.
We are disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your food with us and would very much like to investigate the matter fully. We would be very grateful if you would contact us at info@treacyswestcounty.com in order that we can get some further detail to allow us to effectively deal with this incident.
In the meantime, please accept our sincere apologies to you for the obvious disappointment caused.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Kind Regards
Marketing Assistant

Travellers are raving about these Ennis hotels

Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The staff were friendly most of the time but the hotel is quite unkept and would benefit from an overhaul of the decor asap to avoid loosing any more customers the carpets had a fusty odour from them. we had dinner in the bar the 1st evening and I ordered potato skins with bacon and cheese and I received one jacket potato topped with mash potato and onion and a few pieces of bacon and some cheese disgusting when i don't eat onions and the flies were terrible really off putting. at breakfast next morning I received a long hair embedded in a piece of pineapple ( I have short hair) oh so disgusting and I didn't feel hungry after that when I complained about same the 'manager' asked for my room number and wrote it on his hand I heard nothing more about it. The FLIES in the dining room were really disgusting landing on open dishes of food.I also noticed that the waiters uniforms were dirty and trousers ripped at the bottom these are small details but do reflect how a business is run and affect its success rate. I also thought the changing room facilities were outdated it is one open room and no privacy offered. I will definitely NOT be returning there again. On a plus note the hotel is a good location for touring.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Patricia M
Dear Patricia M

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. Feedback whether good or bad will assist us in improving the facilities and services throughout the hotel.
We are very disappointed to learn of your experiences whilst dining at the hotel and we assure you that every effort is being taken to prevent a similar reoccurrence.
Concerning the presence of flies, there did appear to be more than what one would normally expect and whilst we take all the necessary preventative measures there did appear to be an increased number this year.
It is very disappointing that when you raised the matter of the pineapple with one of our managers we failed to revert to you.
As you may have noticed there is a considerable amount of refurbishment work underway at present. The first phase of this work is likely to continue for a number of months and will include some work in our Changing Rooms.
We do hope that this experience did not spoil your entire break and that you might reconsider returning to the hotel in the future at which point we would expect that you would notice the considerable changes that are planned.

Once again please accept our apologies to you for the disappointment caused and indeed our thanks to you for such valuable feedback.

Cork
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This trip started by meeting fabulous front desk staff who were delightful to help and pleasant to the customer. The front foyer was clean, modern and inviting. Seamus was very helpful with a place for our bicycles. The room was spacious, clean and ideal for a family of 4, two adults and two kids. The breakfast was tasty, hot and there was a good variety. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The kids club again was ideal and they were very accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The bar staff were excellent, a good pint, very easy to deal with, great bar food and the restaurant had some very nice and tasty food. The leisure centre/pool was excellent. I did find the changing rooms too cold and the showers were in need of upgrading as some were out of order and others had no hot/cold temp gauge. I would gladly recommend this hotel to any family.

Room Tip: Ask for room 120, a double, single and pull out bed in a couch. Great size room and not near any co...