“Ideal base for golfers!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel

Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Conwy, United Kingdom
“Ideal base for golfers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have just returned from golf trip in county Clare and stayed at the West County Hotel. We flew from Manchester to Shannon which is only 20 minutes from the hotel. The hotel was the perfect base during our stay with a number of golf clubs located within a short distance from the hotel. We dined in the hotel each night both in the pub and the restuarant where the food was great - delicous steaks! Great Guinness too!The staff were super and couldn't do enough for us. The hotel also has a great leisure centre. We used the pool each evening after comming back from our days golfing. I believe the hotel is under new ownership since las year and is looking great since the refurbishment. We will be back again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank aled r
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Aled R

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of our location. We are ideally located for access to fantastic golf courses throughout the county, Limerick and Galway.

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay as it is only through such feedback we endeavour to maintain and improve our standards and practices

I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our leisure centre, restaurant and our Guinness! Which I hope enhanced your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County Hotel again soon.

Marketing Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Im a living only a mile from this hotel but hadn't eaten here since it changed hands. Called in to the bar this evening for dinner. Had the chicken curry. As soon as it was put on the table, I could tell, simply by looking at it, that I probably wouldn't enjoy it. The curry was a murky brown colour and looked extremely watery. Whilst it smelled like curry, it was completely bland to taste. It was definitely from a jar, and a cheap brand jar at that. It was exactly the same as the watery curry you'd expect from a dodgy chipper. Some of the pieces of chicken were ok, but the rest were fatty and inedible. The menu said it came with a poppadom, but it arrived accompanied by a piece of a plain pitta bread. I think it was priced at €11.95.

Really disappointing. The standard is simply not good enough, especially for a hotel. If I wanted cheap crappy curry, id buy a jar in the supermarket.

I didn't complain (more fool me), as the bar was busy and I didn't want to make a scene infront of other customers.

I wont be eating here again.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Bannergal
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Bannergal

I am very disappointed and surprised to read of your recent dining experience with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment. I am surprised as the majority of the feedback we have received from customers has all been very positive and the Chicken Curry remains to be one of our most popular dishes.

It is a pity that you did not speak to a manager on the day as this would have allowed us the opportunity to make up, in dome way, for your disappointment.

I am sorry to read that you are not encouraged to dine with us again but I do hope that sometime in the future you may afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

stayed here with wife and 2 children oct bank holiday previously stayed 10 years before that.The rooms were nice nothing special.The restaurant again was fine and breakfast was good.The staff were very friendly and the kids club was a god send.Also would have no complaints with the leisure facilities.I will be returning soon and hope to get the same service and friendliness that was there the last time.I would not be disappointed or dismayed by the 2 cm crack in the bathroom tiles or the 1/2 inch stain on the outside corridor carpet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tom m
Dear TomM

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time out to leave us your comments as it is only with such feedback that we can endeavour to maintain and improve our standards within the hotel.

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us over the October bank holiday. I am glad that your children enjoyed the kids club, I know the leaders really enjoy their job and all the different activities, sometimes more than the kids!!

I am happy that you found the food good and our staff to be friendly. I am sorry to hear about the small issues you found during your stay and I do hope that you brought these to a manager’s attention while you were here. If you didn’t get the opportunity I would be delighted if you could contact the hotel directly to allow us the chance to address these points immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Treacys West County Hotel again soon.

Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel twice and and are an older couple. Dr Kams review was quite unfair. The Hotel is a lovely place to stay and the staff are most welcoming. On the night we stayed recently it was Bingo night and the car park was very full, but we were not disturbed by it at all. We had a very nice plate of fish and chips in the bar and a fine Irish breakfast in the morning. Would definitely stay here again. We tried to book a room for January 2014 but unfortunately they are fully booked so we have to stay elsewhere in Ennis.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 212 which was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carole O
Dear Carole O

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay. It is also great to read that although we were busy with a large event you still received great service and food, this is something we strive to achieve on a daily basis.

Once again thank you for your lovely comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County again soon.

Lurgan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

It's been a while since we stayed, but better late than never.
We booked a mini break back in August with dinner, bed and breakfast. Lovely friendly reception staff made us very welcome on arrival and got it all off to a great start. Like a lot of hotels in the recession, some areas need a spruce up but let me say that the lovely, helpful staff are what make this hotel stand out. From the moment of our arrival to our departure, we loved every minute. I've read some of the other reviews and I don't understand. Like a lot of other recession hit hotels, a bit of a refurb wouldn't go amiss but don't be put off by that. We have had many of these mini breaks and we know what we like and don't like. We went with our two kids and were a bit worried, as many of our friends have had breaks where the hotel weren't a family friendly as advertised, but no such worries here. Kids welcome everywhere and in peak times there's a kids club that keeps them entertained if they want. Food is lovely, fresh and wholesome. Two bars that cater for all, one is lively with music and the other is quieter. There was a bit of refurbishment during our stay but to be honest, the lovely atmosphere created by the staff made it a non event, we hardly noticed. Kids loved the pool too. It's a great hotel from which to explore the local sights, we went to Bunratty, great day out. Thanks very much West County, your staff are a credit to you and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Machbuffet
Dear Machbuffett

Firstly thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We value each opportunity we receive to hear directly from our customers.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and found our staff to be helpful. It is lovely to read that your children enjoyed the kids club and the pool, we are a family friendly hotel and it is great to see that all the family enjoyed the break.

I am happy to read that you made the most of our convenient location, just minutes walk from Ennis town and within a one hour drive from the coast, making us ideally located to explore the gems that county Clare has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County again soon.

Marketing Assistants
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel purely because there was a pool for my husband who loves to use the leisure facilities. He was extremely disappointed when we arrived to be told the men's changing rooms were being refurbished and the pool was not available to men for the duration of our stay. If we had known this we would gone elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SarinaDublin
Dear SarinaDublin

Thank you firstly for taking the time out to leave us your review.

I am very sorry to read of your disappointment following your stay. As we continue to refurbish the hotel we do our best to create the least disruption to our guests and customers, I am sorry that we failed on this occasion.

I do hope you afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County in the near future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Food and staff are ok.The room was FILTHY and smelled awful.The fixtures and fittings were well passed there sell by date.I was afraid to have a shower in case i picked up some incurable disease.The bathroom door fit perfectly into the tiles.The guests seemed to stay up all night flushing toilets just to annoy me.I couldn't get out of bed the next morning,not because i was tired but because the bed dipped so bad in the middle bear grylls would have struggled to pull himself out.Got dressed,packed up,went home had a kip and a shower.

Knock it down.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank aero p
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Aero P

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, such feedback is essential to help us improve and maintain the standards within the hotel.

I am quite surprised and greatly concerned with the content of your review as this is at odds with the feedback we have been receiving from our guests both through reviews and directly our Reception. We encourage all our guests to contact Reception or indeed a manager on duty with any concerns they may have during their stay in order that we can attempt to resolve them immediately.

I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly at your earliest convenience with more details concerning your stay including your room number so that we can investigate this matter in full and revert to you.

You can email sales@treacyswestcounty.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Marketing Assistant

Travellers are raving about these Ennis hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!