Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here for work for one night. When booking the receptionist warned me that it was super busy and full of families due to an event they were hosting. It was really busy and full of children but I had a great stay. The food was great, staff were very friendly and the bedrooms where warm, clean and cosy. There was a little noise in the hallway, but I soon fell asleep. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Puddle7soup

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. We value every opportunity we get to receive feedback directly from our guests.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and that you found our staff to be friendly. I am also happy that you found our rooms to be clean and cosy and that you enjoyed dining with us.

As a hotel known for holding large events and conferences there are a lot of times when we would have a large number of people staying in the hotel. I am happy to read that you were not disturbed by one such event and that you were informed at booking of the possibility of disruption.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County again soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay, the staff were excellent, especially the girls on reception, I had injured my foot and the desk staff did everything possible to make our stay comfortable as possible. Food was great, would recommend this place, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank maz0009
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Maz0009

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, we are always working to maintain and build on our levels of customer service.

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County again soon.

We hope your foot is on the mend.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel rather than drive after a family event. Not a place I'd use again if given the choice. Had a long walk to the room, and could smell the paint fumes in the coridor. The room itself was large, but cold, the room door didn't close automatically, which is a security concern. When I say the room was cold, it was freezing, bad enough to wake me up shivering.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Danny W
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Danny W

I am sorry to read of your disappointment after your recent stay with us and must firstly thank you for posting a review.

Although we are experiencing some very diverse and extreme weather at the moment it is not acceptable for any room in the hotel to be cold. We aim to maintain a level of heat that is comfortable to all our guests and also provide portable heaters and fans for times when our guests are a little colder or indeed warmer than usual. It is a pity you did not contact reception and they could have arranged a heater or two for you to help make your stay more pleasant.

You are correct that we are continuing to improve the hotel in sections, this includes the painting and updating of bedrooms. Although we are not currently letting these rooms I can understand that one may be able to smell the paint on the corridor outside these bedroom doors, this is something we will look into immediately to see if we can alleviate the disruption to our guests.

I do hope you afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Colleagues and I used the West County for a recent business meeting. I wasn't involved in booking so can't comment on that process. It was selected on the basis that it was convenient to the motorway (M18) but it's not clearly signposted when you leave the motorway. If you blinked, you'd drive by it. The foyer looks quite modern but overall the hotel looks as if money was spent on updating the front of the building during the boom years, but the back rooms and car park were neglected.
The receptionist continued her phone conversation with someone I guessed was a friendly colleague while I stood waiting, but once she got off the phone she was courteous and polite. The foyer and corridor to the bedrooms were comfortably warm, but the corridors leading to the meeting rooms were very cold. Our meeting room (the Oak) started off warm enough, but the heating was turned off remotely at some point and we had to ask for it to be turned back on. The decor of the room was very 1980s, complete with dado rail, but clean. A waiter brought in fresh tea and coffee but didn't knock before entering. At some point during the meeting a workman trudged noisily across the flat roof of our room!
Lunch was reasonably priced but not great quality. I went for the carvery despite the sodden, overcooked vegetables. My colleagues opted respectively for a bagel and a panini (as far as I can remember). They waited longer than they should have for their food to arrive, and one of them was not impressed by the cream cheese having been heated with the bagel! To be positive, the restaurant staff were polite and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Uranus7

Dear Uranus7

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent time with us. We are always grateful to receive such honest and direct feedback from our guests, which allows us to maintain and improve on the standards within the hotel.

I am firstly delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and polite. It is unusual for a member of our reception team to continue a phone conversation with a customer waiting at the desk and we will certainly bring this to the manager’s attention.

Thank you for pointing out that you found it difficult to locate the hotel from the motorway, this is not something that has been brought to our attention before and we will survey the signage we have in place.

We have completed a full overhaul of our convention centre. However due to the high volume of meeting room business we are unable to refurbish the remaining meeting rooms all at once and are completing this in stages.

I am also very sorry to read of your disappointment with lunch and hope that you brought this to the manager or server’s attention on the day so they could attempted to amend the problem for you.

I do hope that you offer us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Hotel staff were lovely all very pleasant towards us bar staff were a little bit grumpy and it did take us a while to be served in there but food was nice.
Very very warm hotel!! needed two electric fans on in the room and it was October the guy who brought the fans was really nice!.
Pool is nice but very shallow at the top end quite hard to swim in it.
Food in the restaurant was lovely very filling!
Bathroom in the room was shabby door didn't lock paint on wall coming down. Also the window in the room was as well not there very noisy at times outside and constant whistling from the breeze sadly did not make the room any cooler.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank taccount

Dear Taccount

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us, we are grateful for each opportunity we get to hear directly from our guests and value this feedback immensely.

Firstly, I am delighted to read that you found our staff to be pleasant and that you enjoyed dining in both the bar and the restaurant. I am sorry to read that you found your bedroom to be a little warm but I am glad that you were accommodated by staff immediately with fans.

I am sorry that you found our swimming pool hard to swim in but as a family hotel we must aim to cater for a wide range of age brackets and nowhere is more important than in our leisure facilities. We find this size and depth of swimming pool works well for both our young and old members and guests alike.

I am disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the bathroom and window in the room. We encourage all our guests to contact reception or a manager with any issues they may have in the hotel so we can attempt to rectify the situation as quickly as possible, I do hope that you spoke to someone about this. We are continuing our renovations throughout the hotel and will be looking at these issues in these plans.

Once again Taccount, thank you for taking time out to send us your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Treacys West County Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have just returned from golf trip in county Clare and stayed at the West County Hotel. We flew from Manchester to Shannon which is only 20 minutes from the hotel. The hotel was the perfect base during our stay with a number of golf clubs located within a short distance from the hotel. We dined in the hotel each night both in the pub and the restuarant where the food was great - delicous steaks! Great Guinness too!The staff were super and couldn't do enough for us. The hotel also has a great leisure centre. We used the pool each evening after comming back from our days golfing. I believe the hotel is under new ownership since las year and is looking great since the refurbishment. We will be back again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank aled r

Dear Aled R

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of our location. We are ideally located for access to fantastic golf courses throughout the county, Limerick and Galway.

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay as it is only through such feedback we endeavour to maintain and improve our standards and practices

I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our leisure centre, restaurant and our Guinness! Which I hope enhanced your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Im a living only a mile from this hotel but hadn't eaten here since it changed hands. Called in to the bar this evening for dinner. Had the chicken curry. As soon as it was put on the table, I could tell, simply by looking at it, that I probably wouldn't enjoy it. The curry was a murky brown colour and looked extremely watery. Whilst it smelled like curry, it was completely bland to taste. It was definitely from a jar, and a cheap brand jar at that. It was exactly the same as the watery curry you'd expect from a dodgy chipper. Some of the pieces of chicken were ok, but the rest were fatty and inedible. The menu said it came with a poppadom, but it arrived accompanied by a piece of a plain pitta bread. I think it was priced at €11.95.

Really disappointing. The standard is simply not good enough, especially for a hotel. If I wanted cheap crappy curry, id buy a jar in the supermarket.

I didn't complain (more fool me), as the bar was busy and I didn't want to make a scene infront of other customers.

I wont be eating here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Bannergal
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Bannergal

I am very disappointed and surprised to read of your recent dining experience with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment. I am surprised as the majority of the feedback we have received from customers has all been very positive and the Chicken Curry remains to be one of our most popular dishes.

It is a pity that you did not speak to a manager on the day as this would have allowed us the opportunity to make up, in dome way, for your disappointment.

I am sorry to read that you are not encouraged to dine with us again but I do hope that sometime in the future you may afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County.

Marketing Assistant

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
Temple Gate Hotel
Temple Gate Hotel
#3 of 9 in Ennis
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!