Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Killarney, Ireland
“west county”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Havent stayed here for a few years.Hotel now in new ownership and being refurbished. This is an older building and this presents problems in refurbishment but a big effort is b eing made and you could go looking for faults like the odd creaking floor board or lock on a bathroom door but I think this would be unfair to the new owner . Rome wasn't built in a day and I am sure these little niggles will be eliminated given time. This hotel is three star and doesn't pretend to be anything grander but the accommodation is comfortable the food is tasty and the package is delivered by staff who are friendly and efficient. This was an experience which we thoroughly enjoyed and hope to repeat again. keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Vincent O

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review.

It is also lovely to read that you found our staff to be friendly and efficient and I thank you for your patience with our continual refurbishment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County again soon.

Marketing Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the West County hotel with 12 others for a hen party & had a great time. The staff were very friendly & professional and were up for a laugh especially Seamus. The dinner was delicious with very generous portions. The rooms could do with a bit of updating but they were very clean. Overall a great stay

1 Thank Angelcaleb
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Angelcaleb

I am delighted to read that you and your fellow hens enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time out to post a review.

I am happy to read that you found our staff to be both friendly and professional, and that you enjoyed dining with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and you friends back to Treacys West County again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at Treacys for the weekend just gone. We bought a voucher for one night including dinner in the hotel. Stayed for the second night also but ate elsewhere. The dinner on the first night was absolutely lovely we ordered steak for our main and honestly it was one of the best steaks either of us had ever had in Ireland. We ate at about 9pm and by that time it seemed the waitress really did not want to be there at all. So much so that we weren't even offered the fourth course which was meant to have been included in the voucher, instead we were given the bill (the steak was €5 extra)

We went into the bar then to have a few drinks before getting some much needed rest. We stayed for one or two pints before heading back to the room. There was entertainment on in the bar (man with guitar and some backing tracks). This was far more suited to older generations (on both nights).

I did get a bad pint of guinness in the bar on the first night, so Saturday morning did not start too well. Once I had recovered from that, we went down to the SPA area in the fitness centre which was grotty at best. Changing rooms and bathrooms there were quite dirty, with locker doors and even a toilet in one of the stalls missing. I understand the hotel are doing renovations in phases. This is totally acceptable and wish them the best of luck with it, but I cant really abide by dirty changing facilites.

After this we went for the breakfast which was the standard buffet breakfast you would expect. The hot food and the pastries were very good. There was tinned fruit there tea, coffee, cereals and juices also. The orange juice in particular was great. The coffee . . . not so much. . .

Overall the stay was an ok experience. We did have a fantastic nights sleep on the friday in particular, although the room was cold so we needed to request an extra blanket. After this we slept soundly.

As the title states I think this is an older hotel focused at older generations. I think when the renovations are completed it will be rather nice.

Would we return? No, I dont think so. Location wise the hotel was quite good, but there are definitely hotels which would be more suited towards our needs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlKeogh
Dear AlKeogh

Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you had a relaxing and restful break away with us and that you enjoyed dining in our restaurant, our steaks are always popular with guests and locals alike.

However I am disappointed to read that you were not completely happy with your stay. I am surprised with your experience in our restaurant, as you will read in a lot of the reviews below our staff are continually complemented for their friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism, I am very sorry that does not seem to be the experience you had.

You are correct in saying that we are still continuing our renovations in stages and in particular in our Leisure Centre, but this is no excuse for dressing rooms being unkempt.

As a hotel that caters for a wide range of ages we have a variety of live entertainment both in our Bar and our Ballrooms, with many guests returning time and again to hear their favourite artists. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the entertainment we had during scheduled during your stay.

I do hope you afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County in the future.

Kinds regards
Reviewed 19 May 2014

on may 18th our family went to the west co. to celebrate our sons communion,there was 10 of us, we dined in the pine room.the staff were lovely especialy the guy that was managing the pine room that day,the service was excellant,apart from the beef being very dry on the day i couldnt fault it.

1 Thank Deirdre T
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Deirdre T

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to us. We appreciate every opportunity to hear directly from our customers.

I am delighted to read that your son enjoyed his special day and thank you for choosing to share it with us at Treacys West County.

I am sorry to read of your experience with the beef and we have certainly taken it on board.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Treacys West County again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 May 2014

last week 37 of us decended upon the West County Hotel for 3 nights. Right from the start and throughout our stay the staff were great, making us feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were spotless and comfortable and the food excellent, the leisure centre had the best pool we have come across in any of the many hotels we have stayed in. Organising the bookings for a large group is never easy but Julieanne was always pleasent and patient and every request was taken care of. The reception staff were always polite and helpful (as were all the staff) with particular thanks to Caroline. we look forward to a return visit

Room Tip: many rooms are on the ground floor which is great for older guests although there is a lift, none of...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Frregan

Firstly I must thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is only through such feedback from our guests that we endeavour to maintain and improve on our current standards.

It is lovely to read of your experience with us, thank you for your lovely comments about our staff, I have passed them on to Julieanne and Caroline.

I am delighted to read that your group enjoyed our Leisure Centre and found our rooms to be spotless.

We look forward to welcoming you and your group back to Treacys West County in the future.

Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I went into the West County Hotel with my Dad for a meal last Sunday evening and on approaching the doors to the hotel there was a bouncer there he went to step infront of me as I went to enter the hotel, he looked at me up and down, I was disgusted as I am 26 years of age. The restaurant was not busy at all maybe 4 tablets were full. I ordered only a main meal and the meat tasted awful was so dry and cremated it was sent back to the kitchen. I then noticed that service staff and management were staring at me every time they entered the restaurant this was just annoying. Then when we were leaving the hotel the "bouncer" stepped in front of me facing me and looked at me up and down I had to step out of the way to get out the door of the hotel this person made me feel extremely uncomfortable and his behaviour was not appropriate. I am local to the area, never will I step foot inside the doors of this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ozmosis87
Dear Ozmosis87

Firstly I would like to apologise to you for your obvious disappointment following your recent visit to our hotel.

I am equally disappointed and shocked to read of your experience and thank you for taking the time to post a review. All feedback, both good and bad, is invaluable to us as we strive to improve and maintain current standards and practices.

We are continually complimented by both event organisers and guests alike as to the professionalism and friendliness of our security staff so it is very disappointing to read of your experience. I am also surprised and disheartened to read of your experience in the restaurant.

We encourage all our guests to speak with a manager or supervisor with any issues they may have so that we may attempt to rectify the problem as soon as possible, I am sorry that this did not happen in your case.

I do hope you afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County again in the future.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant

Travellers are raving about these Ennis hotels

Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had a communion dinner recently at the west county and was so impressed will definitely be back hadn't being at the hotel in quiet awhile,well since the recent take over changes have being super and staff are top class dinner was fab and great value highly recommend if you have a special occasion coming up go and don't miss out you will not be disappointed thats for sure

Dear Titantony

It is lovely to read of your recent communion lunch with us in Treacys West County.

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed both the dinner and the service.

Thank you again for choosing to spend your special day at Treacys West County, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,084 reviews
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!