Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
1,010 results
All reviewskids clubleisure centrebunk bedsfamily breakbar foodcourse mealfood was lovelyfunction roomgreat weekendboth nightsenjoyable staylovely staffa lovely stayennis townboth morningswould highly recommend this hoteldisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

wasn't at all impressed rooms average, bathroom not great & dining area dated. Breakfast was only ok. fine if your just using it as a pit stop for overnight stay as I was as attending work conference. The location is good as just outside ennis centre 2mins drive & is very easy to find with loads of parking all the same I would not stay there again

• Stayed: November 2013
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Whitewi

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate all opportunities to hear directly from our guests.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your recent stay and that we did not meet your expectations. I am glad to read that you did find our location good and enjoyed the area of Ennis.

I do hope you afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Havent stayed here for a few years.Hotel now in new ownership and being refurbished. This is an older building and this presents problems in refurbishment but a big effort is b eing made and you could go looking for faults like the odd creaking floor board or lock on a bathroom door but I think this would be unfair to the new owner . Rome wasn't built in a day and I am sure these little niggles will be eliminated given time. This hotel is three star and doesn't pretend to be anything grander but the accommodation is comfortable the food is tasty and the package is delivered by staff who are friendly and efficient. This was an experience which we thoroughly enjoyed and hope to repeat again. keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Vincent O

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review.

It is also lovely to read that you found our staff to be friendly and efficient and I thank you for your patience with our continual refurbishment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the West County hotel with 12 others for a hen party & had a great time. The staff were very friendly & professional and were up for a laugh especially Seamus. The dinner was delicious with very generous portions. The rooms could do with a bit of updating but they were very clean. Overall a great stay

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Angelcaleb
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Angelcaleb

I am delighted to read that you and your fellow hens enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time out to post a review.

I am happy to read that you found our staff to be both friendly and professional, and that you enjoyed dining with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and you friends back to Treacys West County again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at Treacys for the weekend just gone. We bought a voucher for one night including dinner in the hotel. Stayed for the second night also but ate elsewhere. The dinner on the first night was absolutely lovely we ordered steak for our main and honestly it was one of the best steaks either of us had ever had in Ireland. We ate at about 9pm and by that time it seemed the waitress really did not want to be there at all. So much so that we weren't even offered the fourth course which was meant to have been included in the voucher, instead we were given the bill (the steak was €5 extra)

We went into the bar then to have a few drinks before getting some much needed rest. We stayed for one or two pints before heading back to the room. There was entertainment on in the bar (man with guitar and some backing tracks). This was far more suited to older generations (on both nights).

I did get a bad pint of guinness in the bar on the first night, so Saturday morning did not start too well. Once I had recovered from that, we went down to the SPA area in the fitness centre which was grotty at best. Changing rooms and bathrooms there were quite dirty, with locker doors and even a toilet in one of the stalls missing. I understand the hotel are doing renovations in phases. This is totally acceptable and wish them the best of luck with it, but I cant really abide by dirty changing facilites.

After this we went for the breakfast which was the standard buffet breakfast you would expect. The hot food and the pastries were very good. There was tinned fruit there tea, coffee, cereals and juices also. The orange juice in particular was great. The coffee . . . not so much. . .

Overall the stay was an ok experience. We did have a fantastic nights sleep on the friday in particular, although the room was cold so we needed to request an extra blanket. After this we slept soundly.

As the title states I think this is an older hotel focused at older generations. I think when the renovations are completed it will be rather nice.

Would we return? No, I dont think so. Location wise the hotel was quite good, but there are definitely hotels which would be more suited towards our needs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlKeogh

Dear AlKeogh

Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you had a relaxing and restful break away with us and that you enjoyed dining in our restaurant, our steaks are always popular with guests and locals alike.

However I am disappointed to read that you were not completely happy with your stay. I am surprised with your experience in our restaurant, as you will read in a lot of the reviews below our staff are continually complemented for their friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism, I am very sorry that does not seem to be the experience you had.

You are correct in saying that we are still continuing our renovations in stages and in particular in our Leisure Centre, but this is no excuse for dressing rooms being unkempt.

As a hotel that caters for a wide range of ages we have a variety of live entertainment both in our Bar and our Ballrooms, with many guests returning time and again to hear their favourite artists. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the entertainment we had during scheduled during your stay.

Kinds regards

Reviewed 19 May 2014

on may 18th our family went to the west co. to celebrate our sons communion,there was 10 of us, we dined in the pine room.the staff were lovely especialy the guy that was managing the pine room that day,the service was excellant,apart from the beef being very dry on the day i couldnt fault it.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Deirdre T
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Deirdre T

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to us. We appreciate every opportunity to hear directly from our customers.

I am delighted to read that your son enjoyed his special day and thank you for choosing to share it with us at Treacys West County.

I am sorry to read of your experience with the beef and we have certainly taken it on board.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Treacys West County again soon.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant