“Average! Rude Staff member” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel

Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
New Ross, Ireland
“Average! Rude Staff member”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here last Saturday with a group of friends. My room was fine, the bathroom was tired, well overdue a renovation. Had dinner in the hotel on Sat night, the food was lovely and the service was fine. The bar afterwards was good too. The bed was not comfortable at all, the hotel was noisy at night, people talking in the corridor all night and then kids running up and down shortly afterwards! The worst part of all was the incredibly rude waiter/maitre'd at breakfast. I can honestly say I have never encountered such a rude person in service in Ireland. Completely put me off my stay. You've got to get it right guys! That waiter should be retired or taken off front of house. Spoiled my stay

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank rorypower
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Rory power

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed dining with us and that you enjoyed the bar. You are correct in saying that our bathrooms need refurbishment and this is certainly in our plans as we continue to make changes in stages.

I am shocked to read about your experience with service at breakfast and can only apologise profusely. As I may have mentioned before we value customer service very highly in Treacys West County and it is very disappointing to read of your experience and I am sorry that this spoiled your stay.

We do hope you afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County in the future.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed with my three children my mam and my nephew, from when we arrived the staff were very helpful the room was big and very clean. Both nights of out stay we eat in the restaurant the food portions were not consistent each night but the good tasted very nice and good value specially the children's meals. 3 courses for €10. One staff member at the hotel stood out for his helpfulness and good sense of humour and that was Seamus and he made our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Shinmerrigan

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed dining with us and well as your room. Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff, I have passed them on.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County again soon.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The worst part of this experience - was the fact that I didn't get a wink of sleep. There was a big gap under the door - so we could hear every single persons conversation in the corridor. The people in the room next door were really drunk, and spent the entire night going in and out, slamming the door and having really loud conversations. I had to call down to reception at 2, 4 & 5 - at which stage I gave up! No one on that floor could have slept with the noise! The night porter did come up to them and ask them to quieten down - but he did also tell them that the people next door were complaining - cheers! If I'd wanted them to know it was us, I would have gone in myself - this would have been more effective anyway. So the next morning we'd to avoid them seeing us. Amazingly - I'd seen someone else say this room was quiet! I think it was room number 212

We had dinner in their restaurant, and it was very bad. I purposely ordered from the more expensive A la carte menu, as it had chicken which was not wrapped in bacon - and I hate bacon! Otherwise I would have gone with the set dinner menu. When it arrived I was really surprised that it was wrapped in bacon. We were so hungry and under time pressure that I just decided to take the bacon off. When the woman came at the end of the meal, and asked how it was, and I said "ok" she pushed me to elaborate, and I explained that I'd ordered that chicken because it wasn't wrapped in bacon, and she got quite indignant and said "we could have given you something else!". How about, serve whats on the menu, or check earlier in the meal! We had starter, main and dessert and both of us were REALLY disappointed with all of it.

The restaurant and rooms are very disappointing. I understand that the hotel is struggling - but if the service was good you could forgive it all. THe restaurant is dark and dated, the rooms are small and really not nice - our bathroom door kept jamming too, so my partner had to keep opening it from the outside for me.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if any room could be better - but 212 was terrible for noise!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Aoibheann M
Dear Maimie 15

I am very sorry to read of your disappointment after your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out to post a review for us. It is only through such feedback that we endeavour to improve our standards within the hotel.

It is surprising to read of your experience both in our restaurant and with our night porter as customer service is very important to us, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Marketing Assistant

Travellers are raving about these Ennis hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

On the June bank holiday weekend I had to stay here for a pool tournament from thursday to Monday and to say it was bad would be putting it lightly.

The main reason behind this review is to comment on the service from the bar and to question where these "reservations" were done but there are other issues which I'll get to first.
My room for the 4 days wasn't that great compared other venues I've stayed in. Very compact and my view of some water storage facility out the window was less than desirable but that's nit picking.
I had no ironing board in my room and had to ask for both the iron and board when needed but having a dodgy kettle in my room was just infuriating. I got it replaced but each time my room was cleaned no sugar or milk was topped up and I had to go to the bar to resolve this issue. Isn't it the job of the cleaners to replenish the sugar etc?

The first drink I ordered was a glass of water and I was served that in a Guinness glass which was absolutely stinkin. Left that there and ordered a large bottle of bulmers.
The pint glass provided was so dirty I could scrape dirt off the inside of it with my finger. Just disgusting so I didn't order pints for the remainder of the weekend. Heard endless complaints of the dirt of glasses and I wasn't surprised.
This was just minor compared to the service in the bar.

On my first day there I ordered food with 2 friends and it was the only time food was served within a reasonable time frame however my friends food had to be returned because of a mistake in the order. I wasn't served a drink with my food and never once did the waitress come back over to check on us. I got my drink myself from the bar as the waitress wasn't in sight for 15mins. This was the best experience I had in the bar.

Let me iterate the reason why I had to eat here firstly- I had a packed schedule with matches to play so being well fed is important to me. A sandwich from the shop won't do.

One of the nights I ate there myself and 4 others ate in the bar and all ordered dinner.
It took over an hour to arrive and food had to be returned because of the incompent waitress. It got embarrassingly bad and I personally worried the staff would spit in our food because of the complaints we put in. One of the girls had food served after 20mins but the rest of us got ours 40mins later.
From having to pay up front to getting the wrong dessert and expecting to eat it it was actually infuriating eating in that place.
I ate there 4 times in total in 4 days and each time the service was absolutely shocking. The food was nice.... When you got it but you'd be suffering from acute malnutrition at that stage.

On the Sunday night I only had the chance to eat dinner late so it was 10pm by the time I got around to it however room service didn't exist there after 9:30 so I was advised by the receptionist to take a 10min walk to a Chinese restaurant. I brought my food back to my room but carelessly forgot dishes to eat with so I took a short trip to the reception to ask for some but was met by the general manager who asked what I wanted in a very unfriendly manner.
This was the exact conversation we had;
Manager: U alright there?
Me: I've brought food to my room and was hoping to get some cutlery to eat with.
Manager: Where did u get the food?
Me: In the Chinese restaurant around the corner
Manager: So you've gotten food outside of the hotel and you expect us to provide you with dishes to eat with?
Me: (totally shocked and embarrassed because a queue had formed due to the receptionist being on call) Yes
Manager: (in the snottiest of fashion) Go and see if there is someone in the breakfast diner to give it to. (This area is closed at about 8pm and it was 10:30pm)
Me: (walks off in total humiliation) Ok

I went back up to the receptionist and asked about their policy on providing crockery of some sort when someone orders food for the room outside of serving hours in the hotel. She instantly told me she would have provided me with the dishes and apologises for the managers behaviour.
Stinking attitude this man had.

The hotel apparently spent millions on renervations but where this money was spent is beyond me.
What you can take from this review is that for a pool tournament venue it was the worst I've ever, in my life, been at.

Don't expect good service from the bar, EVER.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Tommy M
Dear Tommy M

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time out to post a review and I am sorry that you did not enjoy for recent stay with us. It is only through direct feedback from our guests, both positive and negative that we can endeavour to improve and maintain on current standards within the hotel.

I am quite shocked and very disappointed to read your review. I would appreciate if you could contact us directly by emailing info@treacyswestcounty.com to afford us the opportunity to discuss this in more detail and attempt to restore your faith in Treacys West County.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Waterford, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

wasn't at all impressed rooms average, bathroom not great & dining area dated. Breakfast was only ok. fine if your just using it as a pit stop for overnight stay as I was as attending work conference. The location is good as just outside ennis centre 2mins drive & is very easy to find with loads of parking all the same I would not stay there again

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Whitewi

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate all opportunities to hear directly from our guests.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your recent stay and that we did not meet your expectations. I am glad to read that you did find our location good and enjoyed the area of Ennis.

I do hope you afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County in the future.

Killarney, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Havent stayed here for a few years.Hotel now in new ownership and being refurbished. This is an older building and this presents problems in refurbishment but a big effort is b eing made and you could go looking for faults like the odd creaking floor board or lock on a bathroom door but I think this would be unfair to the new owner . Rome wasn't built in a day and I am sure these little niggles will be eliminated given time. This hotel is three star and doesn't pretend to be anything grander but the accommodation is comfortable the food is tasty and the package is delivered by staff who are friendly and efficient. This was an experience which we thoroughly enjoyed and hope to repeat again. keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Vincent O

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review.

It is also lovely to read that you found our staff to be friendly and efficient and I thank you for your patience with our continual refurbishment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County again soon.

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the West County hotel with 12 others for a hen party & had a great time. The staff were very friendly & professional and were up for a laugh especially Seamus. The dinner was delicious with very generous portions. The rooms could do with a bit of updating but they were very clean. Overall a great stay

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Angelcaleb
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Angelcaleb

I am delighted to read that you and your fellow hens enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time out to post a review.

I am happy to read that you found our staff to be both friendly and professional, and that you enjoyed dining with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and you friends back to Treacys West County again soon.

Marketing Assistant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,022 reviews
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!