“Midweek stay (3 days)”

Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We recently stayed in the West County Hotel (traceys) in Ennis Co Clare,we arrived on Tuesday 10th june for a 3 night 4 day stay and were able to check in early in the morning the girls on reception could not have been more helpful and that seemed to be the trend wit allthe staff for the remainder of the stay.Four of us go down every year for the Clare Golf Challenge and this was our second time to stay there.The meals were well prepared and a very good selection whether it be in the restaurant or the bar.
We alsopaid a visit to the leisure centre in the mornings to prepare ourselves for a grueling days golf.Definately a hotel I would recommend to anyone visiting Clare as it is also so central for all the wonderful sightseeing tours.
Regards
Dave Fitzgerald

1  Thank 651Pauline
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear 651Pauline

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out to post a review.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff, customer service is very important to us at Treacys West County.

I am also happy to read that you enjoyed dining with us and made the most of our leisure centre.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is my third stay at the West County since April 2013. My room had been recently refurbished/redecorated. Excellent accommodations. The hotel staff are outstanding - always a friendly greeting and very accommodating. All have a terrific knowledge of the area, distances to travel to various sites, etc. Since my last visit in August 2013, the bar and restaurant have been renovated with new seating areas in the restaurant. Food in both is very good; the daily Irish breakfast outstanding.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear IrishBill422

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found or staff to be friendly and helpful.

It is also great to read that you made the most of our ideal location and explored the beauty Co Clare has to offer.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just back from three nights in this hotel and it is a mixed bag. the staff are lovely and they could not be more helpful. I am aware that this hotel in being refulbished and this is obvious in places. the reception area is bright and modern but the corridors are dated and carpets worn/dirty. we were on the third floor and there was little noise, so that might be one to ask for. the pillows are really uncomfortable and need to be changed. Otherwise the room was fine, bathroom a little dated but otherwise clean and the decor in the room was very modern. Bed not great but ok. The bar food was very good and cafe also excellent. The leisure club was good and not too busy. Breakfast was good except for the lack of fresh fruit, something that is needed in these days. Overall the stay was satisfactory with no major problems.

Room Tip: On the third floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Marieb5

Thank you taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found our staff to be lovely and helpful.

You are correct in saying that our renovations are ongoing and we appreciate your patience during this time. Bathrooms are included in our plans and we do take your comments on board.

I am delighted that you enjoyed dining with us and also made the most of our leisure centre.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at the West County Hotel last week for 4 nights with Shearings., very enjoyable stay the staff were very friendly, especially Gillian and restaurant staff. the food was very good with large portions, only complaint is the vegetables were always the same, and always mashed potato. excellent breakfasts. The room was large with 2 singles and a double bed, just for two of us in a twin room, and was always cleaned, and milk and coffee etc always filled up. and the corridors were always being cleaned and hovered. The room 144 was noisy in the mornings with people going to the leisure centre, as they parked there cars right outside the window. woulw we stay here again yes

Dear KarenSouthendonSea

Firstly thank you for taking the time out t review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. It is also great to read that you enjoyed both dining with us and found our rooms to be comfortable and clean.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys West County Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed in quite few hotels in Ireland so far, but none was as dirty as Treacys. Staying overnight affected my entire trip and felt really happy to leave this place behind. Even kind staff cannot change my overall opinion on this hotel. Would not recommend to anyone (especially to families as cannot even imagine little kiddies crawling in that dirt/or taking a bath!!!!!) as for the same price you can find quiet and CLEAN rooms elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bufik W

Dear Wiola W

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate any opportunities to get direct feedback from our guests.

Firstly I must apologise for your disappointment after your stay with us. I am shocked to read that you found our hotel to be dirty.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail, you can email us at info@treacyswestcounty.com.

I look forward to hearing from you and do hope you afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here last Saturday with a group of friends. My room was fine, the bathroom was tired, well overdue a renovation. Had dinner in the hotel on Sat night, the food was lovely and the service was fine. The bar afterwards was good too. The bed was not comfortable at all, the hotel was noisy at night, people talking in the corridor all night and then kids running up and down shortly afterwards! The worst part of all was the incredibly rude waiter/maitre'd at breakfast. I can honestly say I have never encountered such a rude person in service in Ireland. Completely put me off my stay. You've got to get it right guys! That waiter should be retired or taken off front of house. Spoiled my stay

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms at the front of the hotel
3  Thank rorypower

Dear Rory power

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed dining with us and that you enjoyed the bar. You are correct in saying that our bathrooms need refurbishment and this is certainly in our plans as we continue to make changes in stages.

I am shocked to read about your experience with service at breakfast and can only apologise profusely. As I may have mentioned before we value customer service very highly in Treacys West County and it is very disappointing to read of your experience and I am sorry that this spoiled your stay.

We do hope you afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Treacys West County in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed with my three children my mam and my nephew, from when we arrived the staff were very helpful the room was big and very clean. Both nights of out stay we eat in the restaurant the food portions were not consistent each night but the good tasted very nice and good value specially the children's meals. 3 courses for €10. One staff member at the hotel stood out for his helpfulness and good sense of humour and that was Seamus and he made our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Shinmerrigan

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed dining with us and well as your room. Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff, I have passed them on.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
1 mi away
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!