“Would not be rushing off to Spain again.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel

Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Dublin
“Would not be rushing off to Spain again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great place for a family holiday. Inexpensive great service , food very good staff very friendly entertainment very good pool excellent, overall we had a great stay at this hotel with our 2 children. Also the lady running the restaurant was fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Paddy

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit and made the most of our pool and the facilities we have on site.

It is also lovely to read that you found our staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed dining with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Treacys West County again soon.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Treacy's. Seamus and his team were so nice and attentive.
Rooms were comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was delicious...so much so that we had dinner one night too which was also great. Great location allowed us to take day trips to the Burren and Cliffs of Moher. We will certainly return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IrishTravels2014
Dear Irishtravels2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and I am glad that you found our staff to be nice and attentive.

It is also lovely to read that you enjoyed dining with us and made the most of the beautiful sites we are lucky to have on our doorstep.

Sinéad Cusack
Marketing Assistant
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great location, Ennis is a lovely town. Lots of hidden treasures. Hotel staff very helpful, food good and reasonable. Would highly reccomend this hotel. Very popular with families, all seemed to be having a great time.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank maddy291260
Dear Maddy

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you found our staff to be helpful and that you enjoyed our food.

Ennis is a lovely town full of charm, I am glad that you enjoyed your visit.

ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just returned from two night stay at this hotel and had read some negative reviews before going but delighted to say we were very happy with our stay. Yes some parts of hotel are dated but it is obvious that it is been refurbished one only have to take look at reception. Our room was spotless but bathroom was obviously old. Staff were all very friendly and helpful and service very good. Food was excellent we both had steak and rated it as one of the nicest we ever had. Keep up the good work .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Siobhan

It is lovely to rea of your recent stay with us and I thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

You are correct in the fact that we are continuing to make changes and update the hotel, we appreciate your patience at this time.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked for one night and then changed my booking to three nights. I did a walking tour if Ennis and found it a nice 15 minute walk to the centre of town. I recommend Barratt Tours who pick you up from here and take you to a wonderful day trip to The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher.
Breakfast is by far one of the best I have seen for the variety of food on offer, and I was pleased I included it in my stay.
I have been to numerous places in the world, and am always looking for value for my hard earned dollar. Found it here at Tracey's West County....you get more than what you pay for here. Friendly and helpful staff. This is a boomerang for me...I will return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LadyNet
Dear LadyNet

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking time out to post a review.

It is lovely to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the breakfast!

I am glad that you got the chance to explore our lovely town as well as the beautiful County Clare.

Sarpsborg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We was very satisfied at our stay at this hotel. The braekfast was good, the room was clean and nice. The personal took good care of you, we wanted to stay 1 night, but stayd 2. We (4 pers) can recommand this hotel.
Easy to take a daytrip and see the Cliff of Moher, and sevrals intresthing places.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eva Mette N
Dear Eva

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the breakfast to be good.

I am also happy that you made the most of our location and explored the beauty County Clare has to offer.

Tipperary, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband & I stayed at the weekend for one night.. Our room and bathroom looked as if the only cleaning done between us and the previous occupants was to change the bed!
The mirrors were all filthy and the TV was smeared liberally with finger-prints. There was dirty un-ironed and ripped netting hanging at the windows.The mugs on the tea-tray were filthy, with sticky tea-stains in the bottom.
The old-fashioned rundown bathroom which looked as if it hasn't had a refurb in many, many years was grotty.The bathroom door wouldn't stay closed as the ancient door-knob wouldn't 'catch', and the bolt on the inside consisted of just the housing, with no actual bolt!

We were woken at 7.00 am by a very loud humming noise from somewhere outside, but close to our room, which didn't shut down again until 8.30 am, so sleep was impossible!

Although we found all of the staff friendly, I agree with previous reviewers that there needs to be more staff on duty. We waited a long time in the busy bar for our food to arrive although when it finally came was nice.
The reception staff seem to be young and inexperienced. We asked for some small assistance which seemed to be an enormous task for them to deal with- when we paid our bill we were not asked how we had found our stay (perhaps for obvious reasons) and we weren't even given a receipt!

We paid a rate of €104 for one night room only. I work in the hospitality trade myself and would be appalled to think this was the best standard that I could offer people and then feel it was ok to take their hard-earned money. Why isn't the manager doing his job????
We will never stay in this filthy hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else