“Will be returning”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
County Clare, Ireland
“Will be returning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Myself and 2 of my friends stayed in the hotel for a relaxing getaway for the night. On arrival a very informative and friendly young lady checked us in. We went to our room which was ideal for us (3 beds - 2 single and 1 double), ensuite, flat screen tv, wifi. The bar was buzzing with so many customers which always is a great sign and the food was just fantastic as was the service. All the staff, from the receptionist, bar staff to leisure centre staff were so friendly. We were very impressed with our stay and will definitely be returning for another stay. The hotel is very central and only a short distance from Ennis town centre. Whether is a girlie break away, a romantic getaway or a family break, I would highly recommend this hote.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Maria

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your visit.

It is great to read that you enjoyed dining with us and the atmosphere in the bar. I am glad you found the room comfortable and our staff to be friendly.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Have recentley returned from a four night stay at Treacy's and thoroughly enjoyed it. We arrived around 8pm and were checked in smoothly by very pleasant reception staff. Following that we all ate in the large dining area where we were treated to a good choice of three different options of 3 course meal. The food was tasty and hot and arrived at our table quickly and efficiently presented by the friendly staff.We ate here every night of our stay and were always happy with the food and service. The Manager and Manageress of the hotel were very entertaining and we enjoyed interesting demonstrations/tastings on Irish Whiskey/Coffee and Cheescake. We also took part in a quiz organised by the Staff (which we won!).
I can highly recommend the Irish Riverdance Evening if it is available during your stay, the dancers and musicians are excellent!. There was free entertainment in the bar most evenings but we chose to go to the pubs in Ennis which is a 10-15 min walk down the road. It did look to get quite busy though so get in early for a seat. I did not think the bar prices were excessive and found them comparable to prices in the pubs in Ennis. A good idea to purchase a bottle of wine for dinner rather than pay per glass though. The room was clean and contained all we required for the stay - including hairdryer, kettle, spare pillows etc. Bathroom was a little tired but not dirty and was well stocked with soap/shower gel and loo rolls. Ours was overlooking the Leisure Centre carpark on the ground floor but was very quiet through the night.
Overall a great stay in a hotel which has been recently taken over and I am sure will improve further over the coming months. Well done Treacys!, I had a great holiday.

Dear John

I am delighted to read of your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed dining with us and found our staff to be helpful and friendly. I am glad you enjoyed our show Celtic Nights, it has been running all summer and I really believe each night is better than the last.

I am happy that you got to explore the great nightlife of Ennis while still managing to rest up when back at the hotel.

Wicklow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Don't let first appearances put you off . This is hotel is in transition . It has being recently been taken over . The new management are trying to renovate the hotel and you can see the progress. The staff are very friendly and helpful . You won't starve in this hotel , weight watchers stay clear . Maria Lynch on reception and Seamus in catering are what if hotel needs . Excellent staff .

Stayed August 2014
Dear Maurice

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is lovely to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, I shall pass your kind comments on to them.

Carlow, Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Brilliant hotel, location is very central to all tourist attractions. Hotel staff very friendly and they couldn't do enough for us. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Food was excellent and the price and menu would suit everyone. We will stay again in this hotel, we were highly impressed with it. Hotel is very family friendly and they have loads of facilities to meet everyone's needs.

Dear Laura

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for taking the time out to post a review.

It is lovely to read that you found our staff to friendly and helpful and I am glad that you made the most of our ideal location to tour the beauties of County Clare.

Monaghan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and myself stayed here on 5th August on an Escapes Deal. We checked in with a lovely receptionist and booked our evening meal for 18.30 hrs. Our room was en suite, on the second floor, small and pretty ordinary with a double bed and window that opened at the top. Liquid soap in the bathroom and shower gel/ shampoo over the bath, which unfortunately was empty. Luckily I had my own shampoo with me. The room was extremely warm and no way of cooling it down.
We went for our meal as booked and My husband had the soup with croutons on top. I must say it looked terrible and was as bad as it looked. It was so thick it could be eaten with a fork. I had the smoked salmon with like a cod mousse and salad , drizzled with a vinegarette. It was absolutely delicious. As a main course we both had the pork and it too was delicious as was the Rhubarb crumble
Breakfast was a self service, Bacon, Egg, Sausage, Tomato and beans No mushrooms or pudding .
Overall we enjoyed our stay but corridor could do with a little dusting and settees in rest areas could do with a deep clean to remove papers and rubbish around the cushions. Also when doors closed on bedrooms they actually banged which made a lot of noise into the night. There were no comment sheets in our room either.
We might go back but would need a much airier room as I found it impossible to sleep.

Dear Corrigan7

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy that you found check-in to be easy and our receptionist to be pleasant.

I am happy you enjoyed dining with us with exception of the soup which I do hope you made your server aware of.

I am sorry that your room was running low on soap and that you found it to be rather warm, we do encourage our guests to contact reception with any needs or issues they may have, it is a pity you didn’t call down as our staff could have arranged more soap and a fan for your bedroom to cool down.

I do hope you return to us, we would be delighted to welcome you back to Treacys West County in the future.

Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Buy cheap pay twice! Except this wasn't cheap and we paid twice!
Food.....McDonalds does better!
Decor very dated, their website photographer is an extremely talented person!
Pool area disappointing, HUGE difference between photo and reality!
We incurred a charge for the FREE kids club!
Very poor customer service regarding a double billing issue and resolving of same!
Never going back...even if we got for free!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Ennis hotels

Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Aug 2nd, Friday night the hotel Flooded....roof very old ....lots of rain = Buckets everywhere collecting waterfalls of running water!
Meal in Bar was very average. Burger was nice, Chicken Goujans were frozen chicken nuggets! Entertainment was good but didn't start til 10.30pm!
Saturday...Pool closed as a child had vomited in pool.
Meal in restaurant was inedible, wine list....First 3 bottles we chose were not in stock!
Free kids club had a charge of €5 per child!!!!!
Room ok,bathroom dated. Furniture very scuffed. No air con, rooms were noisey, had to ask people in next room to stop party at 2 a.m. Pool area very old and tired.
Worst of all:
Credit card was CHARGED TWICE for the stay...hotel admit mistake...10 days later money is still not refunded!

Room Tip: Bus bunk beds were a great hit with our kids. Only plus of the whole stay.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Denise291
SineadCusack, Marketing Assistant at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Denise

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am sorry for your obvious disappointment following your stay with us, it regretful that you did not bring any issues or problems you may have been having to our Managers or staff on duty to afford us the opportunity to resolve them for you.

I am especially surprised that you found the food in the dining room to be inedible and didn’t mention it to your server and allow us to bring it to the chef’s attention.

It is disappointing that you found the start time of Live Entertainment in the Bar to be too late, 10.30pm is the start time every Friday and Saturday night as the Bar closing time is later and this has been preferred by all our guests to date.

You are correct in saying that the swimming pool had to be closed on Saturday as a child fell ill while swimming, thankfully the child is doing well and we were able to drain and clean the pool in under 24hours. Unfortunately this is something we cannot control and I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Indeed we do run a free kids club seven days a week with various activities like Arts & Crafts where children get to make a keepsake to bring home with them, as well as Wii games and Obstacle courses. We then have either a Disco or show a Movie on the big screen in the evening time. The only cost incurred for these services is a €5 charge for drinks and popcorn which we provide during the movie, it is widely advertised both at reception and in the bedroom information as well as verbally by our staff about the charge.

With reference to you being charged twice, as you are now aware it was a preauthorisation you gave on check-in which was holding on your account, this holding is done by your own bank and not a second charge by the hotel. I do know that our mangers were in constant contact with you and explained the procedure in full so I am glad it has been cleared up for you.

Sinéad Cusack, Marketing Assistant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
Hotel Woodstock
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,058 reviews
Ashford Court Boutique Hotel

Been to Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!