1,066 results
All reviews kids club leisure centre bunk beds family break bar food course meal food was lovely function room great weekend both nights enjoyable stay staff were lovely ennis town a lovely stay would highly recommend this hotel seamus disco
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Service great very polite staff lots do for all ages slight problems the WiFiwas faulty but eventually it did work some (but not alot) of the interior felt a bit cheap but otherwise great comfort excellent food would go again

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
TreacysWestCounty, Manager at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It was a pleasure to read you found our staff polite, service great and food excellent. We are currently renovating parts of the hotel with new furniture and hope to have this completed in the next month or so.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

A family of four, four year old and a fifteen week old baby, I can't highlight how horrified we were from start to finish of our trip. We booked a family bunk room, not suitable for young kids At all. I rang ahead to ask about bottle making facilities. In my eyes and experience a family room should have a microwave and a fridge, got there and just a travel kettle, rang reception And they said either heat at the bar or a night porter. On the third floor and a baby on three hourly feeds, this was a total inconvenience. Staff in bar very friendly but food far from fresh. 2am was awoken by our four year old screaming the room down. She was asleep on the lower bunk. We could not find her. There was a huge gap between the wall and the wooden frame of the bed. Being half asleep and panicking, she got stuck under the built ins of the bed with no access to get her out. It took both of us all of our strength one to pull by arms and the other by the legs. She was very shaken and cried for hours afterwards. The baby was in Moses basket which we brought with us. I had to move her to the end of the room by the door as the draughts was so strong. So the following day we have a choked up baby, four year old with a black eye, three bad bruises on her back where she got stuck. We reported this to Jackie on reception who was very nice and friendly but do you think we got a call from the hotels, no. This is appalling and the height of bad manners. Bedding is very shabbily thrown together, breakfast is spared with long waits. Not good enough at all. Waste of €106. I wouldn't advise anyone to stay there let alone with kids.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Cork2010cork

Dear Guest from Cork,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is through guest feedback such as yours that we strive to maintain and indeed improve on the standards in which we set ourselves.

I apologise you did not find our family bunk rooms suitable. We do have a variation of family rooms, a number of which have no bunk beds, as such had you brought your concerns to our attention we would have happily provided you with an alternative room. None of our rooms have a microwave or fridge. This is not a requirement or stipulation for 3 star hotels in Ireland. In saying that however, we can provide those facilities in our kitchen for anyone who requests it.

I was shocked to hear that your child fell down the back of the bunk. This is very surprising as the beds are kept as tight to the wall as possible (they are the width of the skirting board out approximately 1inch). The frame of the bed weights 200kg making it impossible for a 4 year old to push the bed out. All our bunk beds are situated side facing against the wall.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Myself and my family stayed here on the 16th Dec in a family room on the 3rd floor. When we checked in the receptionist was pleasant and friendly, we ate in the bar and food was nice however later on that night when we were watching television in the room a mouse ran across the floor, to say I was horrified would be an understatement, we rang reception they sent up the night porter who arrived with a small light to check the room!! Although we were offered a different room next to us which when he checked it,there was people already staying in it, with our children asleep it wasn't an option to take this room especially as the mouse had gone out under the door in the meantime and no one knew what room he had gone into after that. The following morning we requested a refund to be told by Patrick he couldn't deal with this we would have to wait to speak to the general manager I later found out that Patrick is the Managing Director of this hotel, this lack of professionalism is astonishing and doesn't hold out hope for the future of this hotel. Eventually the following day after trying to contact the hotel to speak to the general manager, he rang me from his personal mobile as he was at home sick to help sort this which I still can't understand why Patrick could not have dealt with such a serious issue. He offered to refund our rooms and apologised. I have sent the Treacy Group emails to which none have been replied too. Don't dream of going near this hotel for all the reasons above as the fact there was a mouse in the room didn't seem to phase any member of staff we dealt with which is quite worrying in itself after all we were on the 3rd floor and this is what we had to deal with.

Stayed: December 2017
20  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed 19 December 2017

The staff on reception & the breakfast area were all pleasant.
The security chain was broken on our bedroom door.It would be no harm if maintenance checked things were working in the rooms. At 2.15am a staff member tried entering our room. I emailed the manager & received an apology.
We will not stay there again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank 644scw

Dear Guest from Roscommon,

I was delighted to read you found our staff pleasant and you enjoyed our breakfast area. I have spoken to our maintenance team and they have had reviewed all the locks on the bedroom doors.

I was saddened to read your comment in relation to the above comments, but was happy to read you received a swift email from our management team.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Excellent!!!

What more can I say? I stayed here for 3 nights whilst also performing at the hotel in a show. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left I was treated superbly.

The staff could not have done any more to make my stay very enjoyable. I was even on first name basis with most of them there. If I had any questions they went over and above what was expected to meet my requests.

Sarah and Ellen were a delight on reception, always friendly and greeted everyone who arrived with a great big smile and made everyone feel welcome.

Jason the bar manager, Sean and the rest of the bar staff worked tirelessly throughout the day and night. Always remembered mine, and others drinks and always served with a smile.

Special shout out the Shiobhan the waitress, I noticed she was in early and left late, always working hard and not once did the smile drop from her face! Always a pleasure to see,

I am just so sorry I can't remember all the other waitress' and bar staff names as everyone was such a delight, making me feel like a part of their little work family, it really was like home away from home.

The rooms were beautiful and clean, with the housekeeping staff keeping on top of the cleaning!

The food was out of this world, from a beautiful cooked breakfast in the morning, through to a huge gorgeous tea at night, with such a great choice of meals to choose from! We really were spoiled!

Last but not least I want to say a HUGE thank you to Connor the resident DJ! We had a few technical issues during our first show, and in stepped Connor who helped us out, then came in early the next day to make sure we didn't have any problems again!

I left my heart in Ireland, it can be found at Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel, I hope to return soon!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Tre_Small

Dear Guest from Bradford,

Thank you for your kind review on your recent stay with us.

I was delighted you were well looked after during your stay by our staff. I have passed your kind words to Sarah, Ellen, Jason, Sean and Siobhan. We have an amazing team in our hotel. I was also pleased to read you found our rooms clean and the food was to your liking.

I will pass your kind words to Conor, he is an extremely talented DJ and we love working with him.

We look forward to your return visit.