“Excellent Meal”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: The Sherwood Inn is a family run restaurant set up in 1985 providing good value, home cooked food at affordable prices in a comfortable bistro style setting located in the heart of Ennis town.
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Sherwood Inn last week. We had a lovely meal and the prices are very reasonable with a great selection on the menu.

The surroundings are lovely with lots of lovely pictures of the Burren on the walls.The staff are lovely and very friendly too.

The only downfall to the restaurant is the fact that you have to pay for your meal before it is served to you and also the fact that they do not accept laser or credit cards- this is not a big deal as there is an ATM very near but in this day and age a restaurant of its class should have these facilities available.

“Best meal ever and best value in Ennis”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Oh my God what a great place. The best meal and the best value we have had in years. Great hospitality from the minute you arrive. The gammon was amazing, and the quantity would fill the hungriest person.and the flavours were incredible. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough.We were in Ennis in Feb and the Sherwood was recommended to us. There were about 15 people in a queue before us which moved fairly quickly. We had a nice seat just for the two of us, even though the table could hold four. The selection of food on the menu was excellent and such good value.The staff were so nice and attentive and our food was served up very quickly. One thing that I would like to mention is the queue - if you are in a rush it can be frustrating. Would you consider asking people before they sit down if they would mind if somebody shared their table, without any pressure for them to do so. I know if I was asked I would not have a problem. Having one/two people at a table for four is not very satisfactory especially during really busy times. WELL DONE TO EVERYBODY IN THE SHERWOOD INN.

• Visited February 2014
Kilkee, Ireland
“lunch with friend”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

had lunch here on 3rd February and went for beef and veg casserole which was great value at €7.95 a dessert was on offer as well

• Visited February 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Best Restaurant for Value, Friendliness and Service”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I am a regular visitor to The Sherwood Inn and have to say that it is one of the best Restaurants in Ennis for value and service. The staff are always smiling and very friendly and check that you are happy with your meal. On occasions I get a take-away and again the service is first class - food always piping hot, loads of meat and vegetables (whatever you ask for, you get) and the gravy comes in a separate container. I would like to take this opportunity to compliment Michael and his hard-working staff in The Sherwood for such excellent service and value for your money.

Catherine

• Visited December 2013
“Magnificent”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This restaurant is probably the best in Ireland been here well over 30 years.
Always come here when back in my native Clare
Always busy just great staff. As usual an outstanding performance from Margie
worthy of an Oscar in the restaurant business.
This Lady is without doubt part of the success of this restaurant.
Knows her stuff raising the bar on service with a smile.

• Visited December 2013