“Hearty food in good surroundings”
Review of The Sherwood Inn

The Sherwood Inn
Ranked #17 of 105 Restaurants in Ennis
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: The Sherwood Inn is a family run restaurant set up in 1985 providing good value, home cooked food at affordable prices in a comfortable bistro style setting located in the heart of Ennis town.
Athlone, Ireland
“Hearty food in good surroundings”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Being a native Clare Person it is hard to be in my native county without a stop into my favourite restaurant, The Sherwood Inn. It has always delivered for me wonderful food and a great homely feel; the staff are just brilliant, management are blessed with the work ethic of the staff they cannot not do enough for you without being in your face. When I was home last month I was greeted by a lady I never caught her name but I over heard someone say it was Maggie or something like that. She was just exceptional. I had brought a friend that had never been to the restaurant before and she could get over the niceness of the staff even when we arrived as it was a bust Saturday. To be greeted with a smile and a warm welcome even during such a busy time is testament of how professional the staff are. At no point did we feel like they wanted us to eat and leave and turnaround the table. All in all one of the best restaurants I can think off.

• Visited April 2014

Lahinch
“Good Value good food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We eat here all the time food is good 98% of the time. It is value for money and they do take away if you want a nice meal at home.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank alan100Lahinch
Limerick, Ireland
“great food”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

very nice restaurant and good food and service i've been in on a couple of occasions over the last few weeks and the standard is always hight and at a good price

• Visited April 2014
Sixmilebridge, Ireland
“decent spot to grab a bite”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

It was more by accident than design that I ate in the Sherwood, owing to a friend's decision to try it as a place to grab a bit to eat. My initial impression was not a very good one, seeing a queue of people ahead of us waiting to be seated. Once we did get a table, though, the experience improved substantially. The system of the waiter/waitress electronically sending an order to the kitchen, as well as the pre-payment, is very efficient and should be adopted elsewhere.

I got a burger and chips which definitely filled a gap and were quite tasty. I then opted for dessert, although I was attempting to grab the attention of waiting staff for a good five minutes. Then again, the restaurant was extremely busy, as it usually is on a Saturday afternoon.

As a place to grab a tasty bite for lunch at a reasonable price, the Sherwood hits the spot.

• Visited January 2014
Ennis, Ireland
“Eating Out At Home”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Ordered turkey & ham dinners for takeaway. The turkey was tender & there was more than enough mash & vegetables. They even added a pot of gravy for the dinners rather than put it on them which made it ideal for reheating without being left with a dinner covered in gravy

• Visited March 2014