“Really Lovely”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: The Sherwood Inn is a family run restaurant set up in 1985 providing good value, home cooked food at affordable prices in a comfortable bistro style setting located in the heart of Ennis town.
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

stopped off at the sherwood with my friend after a days shopping. We were starving. it was about 6pm on a saturday evening when we went to the sherwood. There was about 4 people infront of us. We were seated at a table within 15 minutes. we ordered the chicken goujan x2 as a starter, 1 chicken kiev and 1 chicken cordon bleu for main along with half and half (chips, mash and veg) with side order of coleslaw and 2 cokes. the starters were absolutely incredible. there was such a huge portion that I began to wonder would I be able for the main course :). the salad with the goujans was so fresh and crispy and the dipping sauce (sweet chilli) was divine. it was definitely the best starter we ever had (my friend totally agreed). Then came the main course, ooh wow, the portions!! you would definitely need to be hungry and luckily we were :). Both the chivken dishes were fantastic and there was big portions of chips, mash and veg. Their coleslaw is definitely nicest I have ever eaten and I am a coleslaw fanatic. so then came dessert (we had to) ;) :). we went for 2 bread and butter puddings and my friend had a coffee. again the portions were something to behold. the taste was incredible, almost Christmassy with the spices and smell. we were so stuffed and happy after. the cost? less than €40 for eveything. definitely great value. I highly recommend a visit. I have been going to the sherwood for many years and it keeps getting better.

1  Thank lucyyeah

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stopped in for an early supper after shopping at the Tesco market. We walked in the wrong door and were chastised. However we left out the same door and walked around to the correct door and were immediately seated. Three of us had the shepherds pie and one had lasagna. The food was pretty flavorful and the serving sizes were huge. I would suggest you just get water to drink as I ordered as of drink and got about 5 ounces. Certainly not worth the cost, but just for shear quantity of food it's ok.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's a great family favourite of mine for a good substantial meal . The food and service are of excellent quality. Not to mention all the staff who are always so pleasant ,courteous and efficient .and I should know as I am a regular customer for over 25years.....
Also they provide an excellent outdoor catering service
Their recently revamped restaurant just adds to the ambience of a truly relaxing dining experience and I wish them continued success
Jäckie hill

1  Thank JackieHill14
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been there plenty times. The food is always great. it has a great variety of food. all different types. from the fattest burger( delicious by the way) to the skinniest salads. Beautiful salmon and a great pasta. for all types of choices. from kids to the elderly . I really enjoy each time I go there. great busy atmosphere. to finish up with a mouth watering cheesecake for dessert.

1  Thank Leticia F
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely decor, fast friendly service and lovely food. No outdoor seating as it is located in a shopping mall. Takeaway food also very convenient and a litter less expensive.