“Amazing Accommodation!”
Review of Pineforest B&B

Pineforest B&B
Ranked #5 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My mother and I stayed at Pineforest B&B and we were delighted with our choice within minutes of our arrival, and our delight remained throughout the entire stay. The hostess had organised an informative and well presented guide to the accommodation plus useful tourist information. Our room was clean, spacious, classy and had super comfortable beds. You can see that care is taken in the smaller details, from light switches being framed to the delicious range of cookies, coffee and tea that was provided. There was a delightful observatory that had a rocking chair to sit back and unwind in. Or otherwise you could make use of the couch and large wide-screen TV. The internet is free, fast and reliable. For me though, the best thing was the breakfast in the morning which was worth the whole cost of the room. There were lots of options on the menu and the food was well cooked, healthy and we sat in a wonderfully prepared dining room and table! The hostess was so helpful in recommendations of what to do, places to eat and things to see. She was genuine, caring and made us feel most welcome, going above and beyond to ensure all our needs were met. I would recommend this place to anyone and was definitely the highlight in all the accommodation on our 5 week trip. Elegant, welcoming and impressive are 3 words I’d use to sum the place up

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel M

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Loved our stay and our hostess Janet. The B&B itself is clean, comfortable and homey. The common sitting room area was especially lovely and she keeps tasty treats out to have with your tea. The water pressure in the shower was heavenly - a huge plus if you've have a wee bit too much vino the night before. Janet herself was terrific - very friendly and graciously gave us a lift to the restaurant where we ate dinner so we didn't have to worry about driving home after drinking. Breakfast too was delicious. Her B&B is a 5 minute drive to Blarney Castle, so its incredibly convenient for anyone wanting to visit the stone. Wish we could have stayed more than one night!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stumblesalot
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Nice stay. The B&B is a little outside of the village, so you do need to drive to reach the town centre. Blarney itself is worth a visit. We were there at a quite time, I imagine it gets quite busy.

Breakfast was good and the beds were comortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We had a fabulous stay in Blarney at Pine Forest. Janet was very friendly and gave us advice about what to see and do, where to catch the bus, etc. - she even drove us into town one day. The place had a very warm, welcoming environment and we felt very much at home. The beds were comfy, with multiple pillows, and there was wifi and TV in the room. The bathroom was sparkling clean, the shower was very modern and spacious, and there was even shampoo and body wash provided. Breakfast was delicious, with a wide variety of hot and cold options to choose from.

We were worried at first because the location seemed a little out of the way, and we didn't have our own car. As it turned out, Pine Forest is within walking distance of the centre of town and Blarney Castle (about a 20 minute walk), and there's a very convenient bus that will pick you up across the street from Pine Forest and take you into town for under 2 euro.

I've been to several B&Bs in Ireland, and this was one of the best experiences I've had. I would without a doubt stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel C
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My wife and I just happened upon the Pineforest B&B. What "Irish Luck." It would be difficult to find a more friendly or gracious host than Janet and her husband. On the night of our stay,we arrived back to the B&B with a flat tire. Upon notifying Janet of our situation she volunteered to call a local tire repair service the next morning. Given the late hour I decided to wait until morning to replace the flat tire with the car's spare so I could drive to the tire repair service garage. However, I awoke to find that Janet's husband had already changed the tire and actually drove to the garage to see if it could be repaired or needed replacement. It turned out that I had to replace the damaged flat tire, but at least I could drive the car to the service garage. That's representative of the kind of hosts you'll get for anyone who decides to stay at the Pineforest B&B. By the way - Janet's husband was gone before we left so I wan't able to thank him personally so I hope this review serves as our sincere thanks.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My hat goes off to Janet literally. Many, many thanks to Janet for picking up my lost hat in a restaurant and mailing it to me right away. Very friendly and wonderful place to visit. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Great shower pressure by the way. Breakfast was amazing and delicious. Thanks again Janet for welcoming us into your home and making our trip enjoyable and memorable. I will be sure to stay with you again if ever back in the area.

Room Tip: You get better Wi-Fi service closer to the family room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I made this trip to Ireland with my sisters and sister-in-law. We had our B&B book and every day we would search out a place to stay depending on where we ended up that day. Boy, did we luck out on this one. Janet and her family were the best. The house was clean and cozy. The rooms were a good size (double ensuite) and they had the best showers ever. That may sound crazy but the shower can make or break a B&B. The food was absolutely delicious. Fresh,homemade waffles first thing in the morning was heaven. Janet was very friendly and helped us with our touring plans. Blarney Castle was only about 5 minutes from her house which was very convenient since this was a main stop on our tour. Anyone who stays here is very lucky. You won't find one better.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family