“Great stay at Pineforest” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pineforest B&B

Pineforest B&B
Ranked #4 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
Devonport, Australia
“Great stay at Pineforest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friend and I stayed at Pineforest B & B for one night in September. It was ideally sited, close to Blarney and Cork/Cobh. Our hosts were very welcoming, and steered us in the right direction for local attractions. Breakfast was yummy, and nothing was a problem. I inadvertently singed the rather pretty lightshade in my room, but our hostess was very understanding, refused payment and made light of the whole thing. I thoroughly recommend this B & B as an ideal place to rest a weary head.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a problem with noise, as the house is set well back off the road. Most rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FranInUk

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a great stay at the Pineforest. We spent the day in Cashel then Blarney, and used that as our stopping place. This is a great location because after a few hours of Blarney Castle and shopping, it was only 5 minutes away. When we arrived, Janet greeted us like a relative . She is kind and inviting. Due to weather we had to make a last minute change of plans. Janet calmed me down, after a rough day of driving, and helped us completely redo our trip so we could still see what we wanted, and she even added the Killarney National park. Then, a week later I realized I left my jacket there. She mailed it to me without being asked. Enough gushing about Janet... The Pineforest is a clean, comforting place. There is a great sitting room to enjoy tea and muffins, while reading about Ireland. The bed was comfortable and the shower and bathroom were clean. I highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Courtney3020
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had an amazing two nights here. Janet was a very friendly and welcoming host. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were tasty. The communal rooms were stunning. Fantastic base to explore
Blarney and Cork. Would highly recommend this B&B and would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had a great experience at the Pineforest B&B right from the first contact with Janet the owner she made me feel nothing was too much trouble I had flying visit arriving late at night, but I was welcomed by this very friendly lady and her lovely family, nothing was too much trouble the B&B was charming and they made me feel totally at home it was clean and warm and had a lovely atmosphere, the room was very comfortable, I slept very well I travelled alone but felt totally safe the breakfast was fantastic, well cooked and well presented and everything seemed effortless though I am sure they work very hard for it to seem this way, Finbar Janet's husband even dropped me off to my destination giving me a tour of Blarney and a lovely quick visit to Blarney Castle, I give the whole experience 10/10 it was wonderful thank you Janet and Finbar hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: The whole place was great with wonderful garden and lovely view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Janette's homely B&B for only one night..wish we had more time. The room was large, tastefully decorated, immaculately clean with a modern ensuite bathroom. The house is set back off the road in a lovely garden setting so is quiet and is not far from the attractions at Blarney. Breakfast was delicious with homemade breads, freshly cooked to order hot dishes..more than enough to keep us going all day! We really appreciated the personal contact and advice from our host..a lovely stay...highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Terre Haute, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We spent 3 nights at Pine Forest B&B. Clean, quiet, easy parking. All rooms on the ground floor, thankfully no stair to lug our luggage up! Our hostess was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for things in the area. Rooms and bathrooms were spacious. Nice lounge and deck to relax on. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Bournemouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My Sister and I stayed at this B & B in July. It was awful. We couldn't wait to get away.

Old fashioned and grubby rooms; the place is in need of a good clean and dragging into the 21st Century.

Thank God for Killarney House Bed and Breakfast. It was superb.

Give Pineforest a miss and head for Killarney House. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Give this place a swerve.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Janet H, Owner at Pineforest B&B, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Bridget,

Firstly, thank you for your feedback as I believe that this is the best way to make improvements to where people feel let down and also what people are happy with. and as we are aware everyone is entitled to their opinion.

On this occasion I believe you were not happy. It is something that I take very personally and I would like to offer apologies for any problems you may have encountered. I am delighted you chose this medium to air your concerns. However to have told us on the day would have been far more mature rather than choosing to drive off without any notification.The dates in question ( July 29th,30th). I took note of these dates as in 15 years of welcoming people to Pineforest House I have never had this unfortunate circumstance.

I am delighted to see that out of 25 reviews that I have received only one negative comment to the severity of yours. Something I am quite proud of. Most if not all reviews speak of the cleanliness of the house so I will have to defend Pineforest House on this point.

We are sorry you didn't get to experience our full hospitality.

Kind regards
Janet.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Blarney Castle Hotel
#2 of 25 in Blarney
Muskerry Arms
Muskerry Arms
#5 of 25 in Blarney

Been to Pineforest B&B? Share your experiences!