“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of Pineforest B&B

Pineforest B&B
Ranked #5 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
st. louis
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Along with two other couples we spent two wonderful nights at this B & B. Breakfast was delicious. Rooms were comfortable. Ideal location for exploring Blarney, Cork, Cobh and Kinsale. Janet was a wonderful host giving us restaurant suggestions and directions to our destinations. I would recommend this place wholeheartedly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sandwich, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The house is beautiful, the food is good, and Janet and her family are so kind and welcoming. She gave us a lift into town to see the castle and then a lift to the airport because we didn't have a car. We expected to have to take the bus and it would've taken us a lot longer. I couldn't imagine a better place for us to have stayed for our short time in Blarney. It was a wonderful experience visiting the castle and staying at Pineforest. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Janet could not have done a better job for the four of us on short notice! Not only did she welcome us, but she went above and beyond to fill any gaps to ensure our trip was everything we wanted it to be. Her house is updated and comfortable, and her food is delicious. She provided transportation to dinner and made room for us to meet with a family member for breakfast. Highly recommend if you are in the area. Close to Blarney Castle and Blarney Woolen Mills. Don't miss seeing her gardens.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MrMilo715
Devonport, Australia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friend and I stayed at Pineforest B & B for one night in September. It was ideally sited, close to Blarney and Cork/Cobh. Our hosts were very welcoming, and steered us in the right direction for local attractions. Breakfast was yummy, and nothing was a problem. I inadvertently singed the rather pretty lightshade in my room, but our hostess was very understanding, refused payment and made light of the whole thing. I thoroughly recommend this B & B as an ideal place to rest a weary head.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a problem with noise, as the house is set well back off the road. Most rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FranInUk
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a great stay at the Pineforest. We spent the day in Cashel then Blarney, and used that as our stopping place. This is a great location because after a few hours of Blarney Castle and shopping, it was only 5 minutes away. When we arrived, Janet greeted us like a relative . She is kind and inviting. Due to weather we had to make a last minute change of plans. Janet calmed me down, after a rough day of driving, and helped us completely redo our trip so we could still see what we wanted, and she even added the Killarney National park. Then, a week later I realized I left my jacket there. She mailed it to me without being asked. Enough gushing about Janet... The Pineforest is a clean, comforting place. There is a great sitting room to enjoy tea and muffins, while reading about Ireland. The bed was comfortable and the shower and bathroom were clean. I highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Courtney3020
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had an amazing two nights here. Janet was a very friendly and welcoming host. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were tasty. The communal rooms were stunning. Fantastic base to explore
Blarney and Cork. Would highly recommend this B&B and would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had a great experience at the Pineforest B&B right from the first contact with Janet the owner she made me feel nothing was too much trouble I had flying visit arriving late at night, but I was welcomed by this very friendly lady and her lovely family, nothing was too much trouble the B&B was charming and they made me feel totally at home it was clean and warm and had a lovely atmosphere, the room was very comfortable, I slept very well I travelled alone but felt totally safe the breakfast was fantastic, well cooked and well presented and everything seemed effortless though I am sure they work very hard for it to seem this way, Finbar Janet's husband even dropped me off to my destination giving me a tour of Blarney and a lovely quick visit to Blarney Castle, I give the whole experience 10/10 it was wonderful thank you Janet and Finbar hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: The whole place was great with wonderful garden and lovely view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Blarney Castle Hotel
#1 of 7 in Blarney
Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Maranatha Country House
#2 of 25 in Blarney

Been to Pineforest B&B? Share your experiences!