“Great Last Second Find”

Ranked #5 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
Lompoc, California
“Great Last Second Find”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My brother and his family were touring the countryside of Ireland, on our way to Blarney castle and needed to stop somewhere to sleep. We knocked on the door at 8pm without reservations and Janet was there to greet us with great enthusiasm. The house was lovely and the breakfast was superb. This was a good launch point for our trip to Blarney Castle and Cohb to see the Titanic's last port of call. Janet is very knowledgeable about the area and was more than happy to help us plan our day. I marked down the sleep quality because I'm kind of spoiled with my pillow top mattress at home. All the beds are innerspring mattresses. When I say all the beds I mean in Ireland, not just at this B&B. Even the 4 Star Hotel we stayed at had hard mattresses. Not a problem for me just something worth mentioning to other travelers. I would recommend this place to anyone needing a place to stay near Blarney Castle or if you have a rental car and you don't want to stay in Cork, this is a nice quiet area to rest your head.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank The_Mad_Hatter86

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 19 March 2014

From all the B&B in Ireland we book for our honeymoon trip this was by far the most beautiful one. The host is so welcoming and kind. The perfect host. And the conditions were perfect: the cozy, comfortable, large bed; the clean and fresh room; the green surroundings - you fell as being in the middle of a forest, not close to Cork city; the tasty breakfast; the feeling of being not a guest but at home; the heart-warming gift Janet gave us as newly weds. I think this was the perfect place to stay.

PROS: very close to Blarney castle; most welcoming B&B we ever met; clean & fresh rooms; delicious breakfast (the most tasty traditional breakfast we took); superb view (all green);

CONS: none ... really, no cons! :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stefan G
st. louis
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Along with two other couples we spent two wonderful nights at this B & B. Breakfast was delicious. Rooms were comfortable. Ideal location for exploring Blarney, Cork, Cobh and Kinsale. Janet was a wonderful host giving us restaurant suggestions and directions to our destinations. I would recommend this place wholeheartedly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Sandwich, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The house is beautiful, the food is good, and Janet and her family are so kind and welcoming. She gave us a lift into town to see the castle and then a lift to the airport because we didn't have a car. We expected to have to take the bus and it would've taken us a lot longer. I couldn't imagine a better place for us to have stayed for our short time in Blarney. It was a wonderful experience visiting the castle and staying at Pineforest. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Janet could not have done a better job for the four of us on short notice! Not only did she welcome us, but she went above and beyond to fill any gaps to ensure our trip was everything we wanted it to be. Her house is updated and comfortable, and her food is delicious. She provided transportation to dinner and made room for us to meet with a family member for breakfast. Highly recommend if you are in the area. Close to Blarney Castle and Blarney Woolen Mills. Don't miss seeing her gardens.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MrMilo715
Devonport, Australia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friend and I stayed at Pineforest B & B for one night in September. It was ideally sited, close to Blarney and Cork/Cobh. Our hosts were very welcoming, and steered us in the right direction for local attractions. Breakfast was yummy, and nothing was a problem. I inadvertently singed the rather pretty lightshade in my room, but our hostess was very understanding, refused payment and made light of the whole thing. I thoroughly recommend this B & B as an ideal place to rest a weary head.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a problem with noise, as the house is set well back off the road. Most rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FranInUk
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a great stay at the Pineforest. We spent the day in Cashel then Blarney, and used that as our stopping place. This is a great location because after a few hours of Blarney Castle and shopping, it was only 5 minutes away. When we arrived, Janet greeted us like a relative . She is kind and inviting. Due to weather we had to make a last minute change of plans. Janet calmed me down, after a rough day of driving, and helped us completely redo our trip so we could still see what we wanted, and she even added the Killarney National park. Then, a week later I realized I left my jacket there. She mailed it to me without being asked. Enough gushing about Janet... The Pineforest is a clean, comforting place. There is a great sitting room to enjoy tea and muffins, while reading about Ireland. The bed was comfortable and the shower and bathroom were clean. I highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013