“Perfect... Just popped in for lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mackey's Restaurant - CLOSED

Mackey's Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
“Perfect... Just popped in for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

We just tried it while visiting from Kildare. Perfect

Food was nice and tasty. We just had tasty paninis. Service was flawless, very friendly and couldn't do enough

Would recommend it to friends

“Yummy sandwiches!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Good value, big meals, very tasty! I had the hot chicken ciabatta with pesto mayo - a winner!

Geneva, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, friendly atmosphere, definitely worth a visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Five different dishes, all excellent. Typically Irish friendly atmosphere. Service a little slow but food well worth the wait. Would recommend it to everybody.

• Visited August 2011
“Very average!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Based on the food this lunchtime stop was just ok. My wife had a baguette and they had an option called soup and a sandwich so I asked for that. The menu said the sandwich could be on any bread so I asked for a bagel. We weren't waiting too long when our lattes arrived. Quite small mugs and my wife's wasn't even full. Next the sandwiches arrived. My wife's bagette was ok but my bagel was very dry. I expected it toasted with a little butter spread on before the filling was added but it was just split and filling thrown in. No salad to garnish either sandwich just a huge amount of crisps surrounding both sandwiches on a bare plate. The potato and leek soup that I ordered didn't arrive. Instead a soup travelled around the room and was placed on the next table. When I got the waitresses attention and said I was waiting for soup she lifted it from the other couple and said this must be yours then. The soup was delicious but the manner in which it arrived was shabby and unacceptable. For what you get the food was overpriced and the service on that particular day (July 31) was terrible. The tables were so close together that it was impossible NOT to notice that the English people on my left and the American people on my right also received poor service.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anigmas
“Mackey's Restaurant - delicious and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

Great little place to eat right by Blarney Castle. Excellent food and service. We had French Dip and Seafood Chowder. Delicious and reasonably priced.