“Hidden Jem”

Blarney Woollen Mills
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Blarney
More attraction details
Owner description: What was once a small souvenir shop in a thatched cottage on wheels is now the largest Irish store in the World. Located in the small village of Blarney which is famous for the Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills now occupies a space of 60,000 square ft and is a key feature of the renowned Irish village.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Only had time to drop in to have a coffee and walk around the huge shop.... But wish I had time to eat in the huge restaurant - the food looked beautiful. Great shopping, great location, great crowds.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We took a cruise to the British Isles and I wanted a nice wool sweater. After touring the beautiful area and kissing the Blarney Stone we went to the Mills on the same sight. Wow what a large mill with every type of woolen item you could hope for. Beautiful and high quality which was reflected in being a bit pricey. I'm sure with careful treatment my sweater will last a long time.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I could spend all day in this attraction. They have a variety of items to browse and select from. Yea, some of the items seem cheezy, but they really do have nice things. I stayed in here for a couple of hours and was able to find gifts for everyone on my list.
The shop itself is large, cozy, and very clean.
I'm definitely coming back if I ever visit Ireland again.

1  Thank CGJG-33
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The prices were the best we saw anywhere in Ireland and the selection of items was astonishing. They had everything from small souvenir trinkets to phenomenal woollen goods...blankets, sweaters, scarves, gloves/mittens, hats, shawls...to Waterford Crystal & Beleek china...to Irish linens and lace. They had every type of Irish fudge, candy and biscuits, they even had Mead. It was well worth the visit, a great shopping experience and the staff were very friendly and helpful!

1  Thank booklady116
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is definitely a very large souvenir shop with almost any kind of souvenir you might want...think of a one-stop-shop for all things souvenirs. I found it lacked a bit in authenticity and was somewhat disappointed by the content. It was essentially the type of stuff you see at roadside or street side souvenir shops all under one roof. The jewelry section was nice and there was a variety of food-related things, but otherwise I prefer smaller, less commercialized shops for gifts.