Blarney Vale Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oriel House Hotel(Ballincollig)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsb bbreakfast was deliciousshort walkpleasure of stayinglocal pubfantastic stayannehostessirelandhousecorkhostsaccommodationsroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just like home!!

We (my wife, son and I) had the pleasure of staying 2-nights at the Blarney Vale Inn 08/23 and 08/24. Anne treated us just like part of her family and was nothing but gracious, kind, friendly and a wonderful conversationalist. We also had the pleasure of meeting one of her children (I apologize Anne, but I forgot your sons name), who greeted us upon arrival. Anne’s younger son (17 yrs.) was nothing but polite and a perfect gentleman as he greeted us at the door after a very long day. He was gracious and offered to take our bags, showed us promptly to our room and even offered suggestions for good dinner locations for the evening. He handled our arrival like a pro, even though we found out the next morning this was the first time he actually greeted patrons to the B&B. Good luck to him as well as he starts college this year!!!

ROOM
The room was perfect. It was well appointed fresh and clean. It was also surprisingly spacious. We had more than enough room and a great view out the front window of the sheep across the way. IT was actually really nice to hear the sheep each morning waking up.
The bathroom was of perfect size, with a good sized shower.

B&B
The B&B is in a great location and very nice and clean. There is ample parking for all guests and the home is set a bit back from the main road, which is nice. The sitting room area was quaint and felt just like home and the dining room was a nice size that easily fit the 4 tables, with seating for what looked like 12 people easily.

The breakfast was perfect and made to order. Who can turn up a homemade full Irish breakfast! Perfect! Plenty of fruits and cereals available and a variety of other options if you are not keen on the full Irish. My wife tried the Irish pancakes and loved them. Keep in mind these pancakes are very different from what we are used to in the U.S., they are more flat and similar to a thick crepe.

OVERALL
What can I say, there is a reason this is #1. Anne and her family have done a great job and we cannot wait to stay with you again on our next visit. She was nothing but accommodating, full of great stories and nothing but helpful with suggestions for areas to visit and the best roads to take to get there. On her suggestion we took a drive through Kenmare on our way to Killarney, which was not our original route. This was the best option, great roads, great scenery and what a fun little town.

I need to also do a little research, as we might be long lost Cahill relatives. If so I wonder if that will get me a discount on our next visit, ha! :)

I’m not sure I understand the complaint by one of the people here about the hostess not being around. We found her (Anne) to be available when we needed and only then. You are not staying in a B&B to spend all your time with the owners and believe it or not they also have a life to live besides those of the visitors. If you need more face time and full staff at your beck and call, you should probably look at staying in hotels and not B&B’s.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed equally very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PocketClam
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at Blarney Vale House for two days while visiting Ireland. It is a great location within walking distance of Blarney Castle and local restaurants and pubs. We would highly recommend this B & B to anyone planning a trip to beautiful Ireland. Rooms were spacious, exceptionally clean, and well maintained. The breakfast menu offered a variety of selections including the traditional Irish breakfast and all meals were delicious,
Anne, the property owner, was such a gracious hostess and went out of her way to make certain we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay.
Five Stars for this B & B!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I found the Blarney Vale B&B to be disappointing after all the positive reviews. Anne left us twice and always seemed in hurry to be somewhere else. Didn't feel like we were her priority. Breakfast was all right and the room was o.k. Good location close to castle. You can walk easily.
Easy access to major road.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelladybug14
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Blarney Vale. Anne was a wonderful hostess, breakfast was delicious and filling. Rooms were clean and updated with plenty of space. It was a very short distance from the Blarney Village so I would recommend this B&B to everyone.

Room Tip: We were facing the road and it was still very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Very accommodating. They took our family of four in without a call or reservation. They had a wide selection of food for breakfast, so my girls didn't have to eat the traditional Irish breakfast. They loved the pancakes!
Very close to Blarney Castle and 5 min walk to great food and entertainment.

• Stayed: August 2013