“Wow”

Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Blarney
“Wow”
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have to say don't believe everything you read on trip advisor the blarney golf resort is probably the best hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in food,rooms,staff etc everything was brill the value for money there is unbelievable my kids ate for free in the clubhouse and the restaurant was nothing short of exquisite well done
Regards

• Stayed June 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Reviewed 8 June 2011

To whom it may concern,
I stayed at the blarney golf resort over the may bank holiday weekend and I have to say the place was brilliant,the food was so sooooooooooo good presented well and served so efficiently by really polite caring friendly staff,my room was cowsy and spacious and at night you wouldn't hear a sound so peaceful and quiet I slept like a baby in my massive double bed,10 out of 10 to the staff and management I will be back
Regards

• Stayed May 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This hotel looks as it is about to close. We had a big room where windows did not close properly ( we were on the ground floor), with dirty towels and dirty duvet.
The food in the lounge is very poor and overpriced. I had a chicken open sandwich served on a plate full of dust with cold chips priced at 8 euro...
The place has a SPA, but after I have seen the cleaning standards I have decided to give it a miss....Avoid if you can.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
blarneygolf, Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, 8 June 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for recent review on Blarney Golf Resort. Your feedback is important to us and is detremental to the success of the hotel.

If you would be so kind to contact me direct and we could discuss this matter further I would gratefully appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Eamonn Murphy
eamonn.murphy@blarneygolfresort.com
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Having read the previous reviews i was looking forward to staying at the hotel during my business trip. I consider the room cleanliness, room comfort and restaurant food possibly the most important criteria during a business trip. I was very happy with the room as it was very clean and comfortable, but the food (specifically breakfast) was unfortunately of a below average standard. The continental section consisted of 3 cereals, some museli and a plate of fruit, this compares very poorly to other hotels in the area. I am sorry to say that neither myself or any of my colleagues would consider staying there again considering what is available at other hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank busytraveller25
blarneygolf, Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, 22 May 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf Resort your feedback is important to us. I was dissapointed to read your review and I hope my findings give you some comfort.

I understand limited items were on the buffet on your arrival to the restaurant due to one of our tours being in for breakfast at the time, I also understand that we offered you and your colleague everything from the list I have highlighted below, and did so for the rest of your stay. We do offer a more substantial breakfast than you have stated and I believe that you and your colleague were made aware on the first morning.

We offer a selection of freshly cut fruit, 7 different type of cereals, yogurts, freshly baked Croissant' freshly baked bread rolls, a selection of juices a selection of dried fruits and obviously a variety of hot items, we also offer a al a Carte breakfast menu which has the likes of Eggs benedict, Poached egss ect and 6 other items, I do believe this was offered to you on the first day of your stay.

Thank you once again for the feedback and If there is anything further I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Eamonn Murphy
Deputy General Manager
eamonn.murphy@blarneygolfresort.com
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Stayed here over the Bank holiday weekend, we had a brilliant weekend, the food was amazing, " master chef standard". Lovely friendly and helpful staff. thanks again for a great time.
McDermott/Goodman

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Tallaght, Ireland
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Firstly my first impression of this hotel was it was mediocre at best - however I put this down to being tired - as we arrived later than expected due to the difficulty in finding the hotel (I have to say I am obviously not the only one - this was already mentioned in a previous review) However, this was not to be case. On one specific day - myself and my wife returned to our room late in the afternoon (around 4 pm) to find that our room was not made up. I called reception and found that "because of a full house" the housekeeping staff were behind schedule - I find that a ridiculous argument for a start - but what irritated me more was the lack of an apology from the receptionist. Also she said that she would send down towels - which did arrive with the house keeping staff over an hour later.

The hotel is also very badly located - it is at least a 10 minute drive from Blarney - and at least 5 minutes from Tower (which is the address given) - you cannot walk down to the Tower village due to lack of footpaths either - so you are pretty much a captive audience unless you get a taxi or as I said drive (a view shared with the number of taxi drivers we used) . Nightlife - none - shopping - none - food - was ok to be honest - but I would not want to be paying those prices every night , might be a decent golf course not sure as I do not play.

And this might seem like I am just totally down on the hotel - but the beds were too soft - which did nothing for my bad back.

My advise - do not stay here - Blarney is a lovely town - and there are at least 2 decent hotels in the town itself - which looked quite nice when we stopped for food.

Room Tip: Bascially my advise would be don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nevyn666
Brookeborough
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I stayed at the Blarney Golf Resort with my husband and young children and decided to stay in the golf lodges, on arrival i was very disappointed as the windows and doors are in urgent need of being painted, this spoils the overall appearance of the golf lodges as otherwise they are quite nice. inside they are spacious and clean, and they had free wifi which was great, they also have 3 tvs which was great for the kids, staff serviced the lodges, emptied bins and replace towels etc. they are very close to the hotel and the club house. the club house serves food as well as the hotel, so there is plenty of menus to choose from. the hotel itself is very nice indeed, ie the resturant and foyer and public areas are very nice and well maintained, Staff was extremely friendly in particular Ciara on reception stood out for her excellent customer service, hotel is in the countryside but it is close to village of tower less than a mile and about 2 miles from Blarney, which has almost all services you would require atm, shops, take aways, resturants and Cork is about 8 miles away with Fota 15 miles away, i would return here but please paint those windows and a enclosed play area for kids would be a definite plus, otherwise a good hotel

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank terryBrookeborough
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Blarney Castle Hotel
The Kingsley
The Kingsley
#5 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,073 reviews

Been to Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure? Share your experiences!