“very enjoyable friendly hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Blarney
kerry
“very enjoyable friendly hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

stayed at this hotel very recently and was very impressed with the hotel and staff. very helpful and friendly. there were quite a lot of hotel receptionists but the best of all of them was lorna. we did a 2 night stay with 2 young children and they loved it but the only thing i felt it lacked was a little games room where they could play. the pool was very safe and very clean. we got a voucher for fota wildlife from lorna at reception and she saved us €46.00 entrance fee. thanks lorna.we had breakfast in the inshacarra restaurant and one evening meal also. food was very good indeed. we tried the golf clubhouse behind the hotel and i must say it was fabulous. very good price too. all in all i would return to the blarney golf and leisure resort again and i would recommend people to watch out for their special offers as they are great. lovely hotel lovely staff except for the barman in cormacs bar who did not smile very often.very happy indeed.well done to the blarney golf and leisure resort cork.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank KerryCocolate
blarneygolf, Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, 1 October 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Blarney Golf Resort. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay, your feedback is important to us. I will pass on your kind comments To Lorna.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future

Kind Regards

Eamonn Murphy
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

At first I was very impressed. The room was huge compared to all the other hotels I've visited in Ireland, London, and Paris. It was almost as big as my apartment in Florida! They had a nice flat screen TV with good reception. I couldn't make a cell phone call to America, but oh well. The chaise longe chair was very cozy.

But I was awakened at about 3 AM by a very loud wedding party. They slammed doors, threw furniture, and screamed all night long. They cursed "******* Americans" at my friend (who was a Canadian) when she asked them to quiet down. We contacted management, who said they could not call the guards (police) unless there was a phyical assult. I needed a good night's sleep to spend the next day sightseeing, but they partied until we left at about 8 AM. Management came over during breakfast to say sorry, but they did not reimburse us or do anything to help.

We suggested that the wedding party should have been isolated, and not mixed about next to rooms of tourists who want to sleep. That should be common sense to hotel management. I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We recently celebrated a family occasion and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Blarney Golf Resort Hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble, the facilities were excellent and our room was spacious and clean - the bathroom was five star !
One word of advice though: attention to the quality & presentation of food by management would be beneficial. A degree of quality control would enhance the dining experience. The vegetables served to us were wizened and dry having probably sat under a heat lamp for a time - ANY individual serving would, and should, have noticed same. The brown bread was very dry and the cooked breakfast was greasy & fatty. It wouldn't take too much to rectify these issues - someone checking the dishes before they left the kitchen could sort the problem out in minutes.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank martinawhelan
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stayed in one of the lodges at the back of the hotel. As other reviewers have said it was very comfortable and more importantly spotlessly clean with two large en suite bedrooms upstairs, kitchen, sitting room and toilet downstairs (windows and doors could do with a lick of paint and we had no teapot or washing machine). On one night there was loud music from the golf clubhouse but it didn’t bother us. The swimming pool was only a stones throw away from our lodge which was great – sometimes self catering lodges can be some walk away from the main hotel. It was nice and again very clean but a bit on the cold side for little ones. They supplied towels which was just brilliant. Food we found was average but staff helpful and friendly (kids food was free the night we ate which was a pleasant surprise). The hotel is outside Blarney which we knew in a little village called Tower which has everything you need - we found it very central for visiting Fota, Blarney Castle, Cobh etc. Not sure that it warrants a four star but it was great value - only 299 euro’s for four nights. Who can argue with that !!

wexford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We are just back from a group trip to Blarney Golf resort. We stayed in the lodges (5 in total) and I couldn't recommend this enough. There were 10 adults and 15 children and the staff could not do enough for us and the food in the hotel was superb. The kids club had just opened and the girls were lovely our children really enjoyed it. Blarney is a great spot and I would definitely go back to this hotel. Well done to all the staff and management.:)

1 Thank WexfordLoulou
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

We are just back from Blarney and stayed in one of the Lodges at the Blarney Golf Hotel. It was excellent. Loads of room and a lovely area to stay in. Not far from Cork city and we found a Regional park in Ballincollig with plenty of walkways by the river and woodland.
Had spa treatment and I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't had one yet.... the facial was fantastic. Do treat yourself, great offers on at the moment.
Blarney castle a must, the grounds are really nice to walk around and take note of the lovely old trees.
I would go back to this Hotel ... nice staff and lets help keep it on its feet

Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed with our baby for two nights. Staff were extremely helpful, particularly one receptionist and one waiter in the restaurant. It was unclear about whether we could eat in the bar and asked receptionist. She said we could eat in bar, restaurant or in the clubhouse which was a five minute walk away. It was late by the time we were eating and didn't want to bring our baby outside (raining) so decided to eat in the bar. However there was only snacks available on the bar menu so we decided to eat in the restaurant.

The waitress and waiter attending to us, were very polite and helpful. The menu was a set menu for 38euro, and we just wanted a main course so had to ask could we opt of of this option which was no problem. However, we got two steaks. They were OK, not properly seasoned, but we have had worse. Very over priced..cant remember exactly but think it was 23.95? Not a lot of chips or potato served with it. For desert I got lemon tart which wasn't very good at all, and I cant even remember what my boyfriend got, maybe chocolate tart? I think the deserts were priced 6.95, but I would have preferred a scoop of ice-cream in Mc Donald's. I'm not too fussy and if food is not marvelous I will still eat it, but the prices this restaurant is charging, I would have expected A LOT better. Me and my boyfriend both work in the hotelier business and have eaten out quite alot. There are plenty of restaurants where u can get a three course dinner for under 25euro and it would be a lot nicer.

We had booked room only, and when we inquired about breakfast we were told it was 15euro each!!!! We ate in the village of Tower, in Aunty's Bar. They do all day breakfast for 7euro! Breakfast was great there!!

Some reviews here have being complaining about the hotel not being in Blarney. I don't agree with people complaining about this because the website states it is in Tower. If people don't properly research the location, that is not the hotels fault.

The room we got was very spacious, and great as we had our daughter with us. It allowed us to have her travel cot up and still have plenty of room! The king size bed was nice, but think it was two mattresses pushed together? Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't check and I slept well so didn't bother me! The information booklet in the room should be updated and had some spelling mistakes in it. Again this doesn't bother me, but might bother other people. This is not a complaint, just feedback.

Would I come back here? Maybe if I wanted to play golf but I defintely would not be eaten in the restaurant again. We should have taken a walk over to the clubhouse, where I heard other guests saying the food was good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Blarney Castle Hotel
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,282 reviews

Been to Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure? Share your experiences!