“Very disappointed”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Blarney
Dartmouth, MA
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel has not been well maintained. It has potential but maintenance and cleaning clearly have not been a priority. Just returned from a trip with 50 high schools students, some of which were without their parents. First complaint-NO WIFI. Therefore these children were not able to contact their parents for the two days we were there. Second complaint, NO HOT WATER, the water was luke warm at best. I asked for maintenance and was told it would be all set after my day of touring, it was not!! Two cold showers. Thirdly, I have a photo of mold and rot in bathroom (which could have been repaired very easily) and lipstick on coffee cup that did not belong to me. I will post in the photos above. Finally, on our last night the golf course used spray fertilizer of PUTRID manure. The odor was terribly offensive. We stayed in three different hotels in Ireland, this one was the worse! I would not recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MassMom1
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear MassMom1

Many thanks for taking the time to sumbit your review. I apologise for the water damage stains and the lack of housekeeping in your room, it is not accepatable. With regards to the wifi , as you mentioned there was a large group of teenagers in the Resort and as the width of the wifi only allows a certain number of users download content it may have appeared slow or as you mention not working. This has been rectified. The smell you mentioned was in fact from a local farm and not from the golf course . I have looked back at the water temp log for the date in question and the lowest point was 38c. if i can be of any other assistance please do not hesitate to contact me .

Conor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here a few weeks ago. First of all we couldn't believe how far out the hotel is from the town there is nothing around so it was a good thing we where only staying the one night! The room was spacious but was very dimly lighted and the bed seemed like it hadn't been change due to it was so creased! As well there appeared to be no sockets in the room to plug things in we seared all over there is one underneath each table at the bed but would not fit the standard plug ! Had to charge our phones in rotation which was ridiculous ! The bed was huge and comfortable but if you don't like a soft bed it's not for you at all :P The bathroom was lovely but the shower was way to powerful nearly blew me away when I turned it on haha ! We booked the hotel on a site called hotels.com which stated that the hotel had a cocktail bar. When we arrived I enquired about this bar and I got a blank stare and the reply was we don't have a cocktail bar but the bar does serve cocktails. I said that was fine ! After showering we went down to the bar and asked for the cocktail menu and the bar man looked at me like I was from out of space ! He don't do cocktails here ! I said the woman in reception said you did and he just shrugged me off and said nope we never have. This was annoying but just got drinks and say down. The atmosphere was pretty dead in the bar to be honest and found ourselves getting bored very fast! We went to reception and ordered room service because we had not eaten since earlier that day ! We waited in our room for our food and a lovely man came in and served it for us! All in all it was an okay experience but to be honest I won't be going back the place is outdated and does not reflect the four star status at all.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear WhelanMark
Many thanks for taking the time to sumbit your comments . The are 7 sockets in each room. I am not sure if you contacted reception but if you had the staff would have been happy to assist. The service which you receieved in the bar is not acceptable and I would like to apologise for same. I have spoken at lenght to the team member involved . If you do decide to return please contact me personally to allow me the opportunity to make amends. conor.toole@blarneygolfresort.com

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here with my wife on Saturday night 26th of April - what an unreal hotel. Firstly was greeted by a lovely receptionist team check in quick and efficient. We were very kindly upgraded as it was my wifes birthday to a deluxe room. One of the nicest rooms I have stayed in a long time. Room was spotless clean, large and spacious. Bathroom was lovely and we had a balcony with a stunning view of the resort. I had a quick swim after check in- pool was large and staff again very friendly. We had a quick drink in the bar before dinner- a lovely atmosphere and quick and efficient service. Dinner experience was just as good- excellent choice on the menu- the food was fantastic!! compliments to the chef- service was prompt with a smile even though the restaurant was full. We took a walk around the resort after dinner and the atmosphere was lovely- the resort was very busy- we had planned on going into town for a few but decided to stay put it was so nice. Check out the next morning friendly and swift. The resort is stunning- but what makes the resort is its extra friendly staff and management. We were made feel so welcome by everyone. We will be back and make sure tell friends and family of our experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liam C
Dear Liam C

Many thanks for your kind words , they really do mean the world to the team here, I do hope to see you again soon

Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

New beds needed they are old and way too soft my back in pain from them. Toilet Flush button missing - one of them. No heat in room for a few hours and problems with the hot water too. Dinner service very poor too much of a delay between courses menu very limited in restaurant and bar and breakfast was very poor came down at 9.30 and hardly anything left !!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle K
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Michelle K

Many thanks for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your stay. I believe that you discussed these with our accommodation services manager whilst here. I have spoken to all departments concerned and make all aware of your feedback. I do hope that you avail of Breda's offer and we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Blarney in the near future.

Bend, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

This resort hotel bragged about being a "four star" resort. Maybe 50 years ago!! Our room had water damage and smelled of mold. Lights near our bed were so dim you couldn't see to read. Never did get the TV to work. The bathroom shower leaked (maybe what caused the water damage along the wall separating the bathroom from the bedroom). No wash clothes were supplied. They had a portable heater in our room. Soon learned that's because the thermostat didn't work. Only found two electrical outlets and one had to be used for our heater. They had better get their act together if they want to stay in business.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Sandra R

Many thanks for taking the time to convey your comments.I dont see any mention in our guest log record on reception but if you did contact the front desk they would have tried to solve your issues. There are 7 sockets in all rooms . An exta heating source was placed in your room prior to arrival as we experienced an unseasonal dip in temperature didn't want our guests to suffer. Apologises for the termostat not working correclty. I would be delighted to disucss these matters further if you would like to mail me conor.otoole@blarneygolfresort.com

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here a couple of years ago and really enjoyed our stay. Came back in late April 2014 and was completed disappointed to the state of the hotel. Lodge rooms were minimally cleaned. Carpets were worn and dirty, kitchen had a "deep fried" smell, stains on the back of the couch, cobwebs in the bedroom and a toilet that had a leak; in fact we did have to refill the tank with tap water from a bucket!. It appears that they new owners attempted to paint the walls as you could see the roller strokes of different color paint and they never actually painted entire walls, only sections.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Liz D.

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay . If you would be kind enough to contact me directly I would be most obliged. conor.otoole@blarneygolfresort.com

Conor.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at this Hotel in March and found it to be really wonderful place to stay
Staff
Room
Manager
All 10/10
Looking forward to our next visit
Thank you all for making our stay so special
I did stay here quiet a lot four years ago and stayed in Chalet then which were great ,home from home and this was first time that I stayed in hotel itself
Room was ideal with good views and very comfortable and clean
The atmosphere in bar was good and both food and service top class

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kilminchy
Dear Kilminchy

Many thanks for you positive words , I have passed on your comments to all staff, hope to see you back again soon

Conor.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Blarney Castle Hotel
The Kingsley
The Kingsley
#5 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,049 reviews

Been to Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure? Share your experiences!