“Very close to Blarney Castle”

Ashcroft Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 25 Blarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Anne, the owner, had such a fun personality. This B&B was very close to the Blarney Woollen Mill and Blarney Castle. The room was clean and the home was beautiful. We came with vouchers and Anne was sweet to take us on short notice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Ashcroft Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Ashcroft B and B was easy to find and quite comfortable. Anne was welcoming and friendly and the room was modern and well equipped. there was nothing wrong with the accommodation standard or the breakfast but I did have two issues that I thought were odd. Firstly, I thought that breakfast at a B and B should be included in the price. I have stayed in many B and Bs and this was always the case. An extra 15 euros seemed a bit pricey. Also when it came to payment she would not accept credit cards. I was surprised and ill prepared as it had said on the Booking.com website and the Ashcroft website that she would accept cards. I thought this was odd.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked online for my party of 3 to stay at Ashcroft B&B; however, when we arrived we found that all the rooms were taken. The host Chris confirmed he had my reservation and told me that he had made arrangements for my party to stay at another B&B just down the street. I'm sure the Ashcroft B&B is lovely, but I've got to say the B&B we were sent to was wonderful. I appreciated Chris' work to get his overbooking sorted out. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Anne and Chris could not have been more welcoming during our two night stay at the Ashcroft B&B. Initially, my boyfriend and I had only planned on staying one night, but extended our stay another night because of how comfortable we felt here! Anne made the wonderful suggestion to visit Cobh, a gorgeous sea faring town less than a half hour away. Her and her husband helped us out when we had rental car trouble, and made us feel right at home as soon as we walked in the door. I highly recommend this B&B to anyone staying in Blarney!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank graceann727
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I recently travelled to Ireland and stayed at Ashcroft B&B. From the moment I arrived at the B&B I had a good feeling about the place. Upon arrival, My partner and I were warmly greeted by Anne who welcomed us into her beautiful home. The hosts were more than welcoming and supplied us with great recommendations about places to visit in the area, including a delicious restaurant called Muskerry Arms which is just a five minute walk from the B&B. The breakfast Anne cooked was amazing and very well presented. She gave us lots of different choices and even cooked a special meal for my vegetarian partner.

Anne is a person who would jump the extra mile for her guests to ensure they experience a delightful stay at Ashcroft. Our room was spacious, bright, clean, and carefully decorated. I would definitely recommend staying at Ashcroft B&B to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in Blarney. It is truly a home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laur C
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed in Ashcroft for 2 nights in September and really enjoyed our stay. Anne and Chris the owners were very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. Rooms are modern, tastefully decorated and spotless. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and set us up for the day! Would highly recommend a stay here if visiting beautiful Blarney!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray M
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is my 2nd time staying at the wonderful B&B Ashcroft in Blarney, Chris and Anne are exceptional hosts and nothing is too much trouble, they are very knowledgable and helpful with the local area and places to visit. Rooms are so comfortable and beautifully decorated it is literally "home from home"....Breakfast is delish, with all local produce cooked to a very high standard, choices are varied. Would definitely recommend this little treasure of a B&B, it's certainly the at the top end of B&B accommodation. Lovely friendly homely welcome by Chris and Anne Cremen definitely worth a visit !!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends