“fab hotel and great restaurant”

The bell tower at Capella Castlemartyr
Ranked #134 of 680 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$31 - US$123
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2013

we have returned to Castlemartyr time and time again, with kids, with friends, and on our own. We have never been disapointed with dinner, the kids when they were with us were treated better than we were which was great. Great value when compared to Ballymaloe. The staff are fantastic, the facilities are wonderful, it is one of our favourite hotels in Cork.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Dine here when at Castlemartyr. It is a great treat. Beautful menu - fresh/organic and superbly presented.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

We had dinner here that was delicious. The service was very quick and the staff were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast on the other hand was very expensive. 25 euro for a below average full irish fry. I just wouldn't be able to justify paying that much for not even cafe standard food.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

As i'm getting married here this summer I decided to go to The Bell Tower in Castlemartyr resort recently with my fiancee & her family when we were celebrating some recent news. It also gave my fiancee and myself an opportunity to sample different types of food off the menu to help us in our wedding menu choice.

The food was smashing, every course, every meal, everyone enjoyed. I loved my venison, my partner loved her duck, we now have a very clear idea what will be on our menu!

However, something that was a little bit worrying, was the service. Putting it simply, it just wasn't very attentative, nor was it the 5* standard that the hotel should offer. We had to ask for our glasses to be filled on a constant basis (eventually just filled ourselves), it's only something small but in other lesser, cheaper restaurants I've dined in waiters would always top up your water/wine, etc unprompted. Long time frame between courses, for the main course we had been waiting the guts of half an hour and had to enquire where our food was, funny enough it came about 2 minutes after we enquired.. Finally we had to ask for our empty plates to be collected after said main course was eaten.

I'm putting this down to a bad night? I have been here before and the service was much better, I just hope they don't have many off nights! Overall the company was great, the wine was flowing the atmosphere was good, the decor in the room was stunning and we had a lovely night and I can't wait to get married here.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

The food was amazing loved every course lots to choice from, the restaurant is beautiful. Well worth a visit