“Better than any carnivore could imagine!”
Review of Cafe Paradiso

Cafe Paradiso
Ranked #1 of 667 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$34 - US$47
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mardyke
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Café Paradiso is probably the finest vegetarian restaurant we have been to anywhere, really. My husband and I did our usual sharing of dishes so that we had our own little degustation going on. The array of loveliness we indulged in was: warm salad of sprouting broccoli, honey roasted aubergine, knockalara sheep’s cheese, chillies, pomegranate, citrus dressing; tartlet of caramelised beetroot and bluebell falls fresh goat’s cheese, salsa verde and olive crushed potato; feta, pistachio and couscous cake with sweet and hot pepper jam, wilted greens, spiced chickpeas and coriander yoghurt; pan fried oyster mushrooms in cider butter on a braised cabbage timbale of roast celeriac, fennel, red onion and pecans with parsnip chips. I challenge even the most die-hard carnivore NOT to like these dishes!!

The service was a lovely combination of knowledgeable professionalism and relaxed friendliness. The decor was French bistro with Irish undertones, and the music was the perfect soundtrack to a romantic evening. It really was a special meal.

1  Thank Bontaks

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Small intimate restaurant. Good wine selection. My first time having a fully vegetarian meal so was a bit daunting but was astounded by the amazing array textures and flavours! Very exciting and innovative meals, a real treat. It is very expensive but if you're willing to go all out, maybe for an occasion then it really offers that extra something special

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Went for Valentine's dinner. I loved the food here, I think they make veggie food into something really special. I had the sushi for starter which was lovely and the panfried oyster mushrooms in cider butter for main. It was so fulfilling I did not feel as if it was a vegetarian meal. Service was also very good. I had the dark chocolate silk cake for dessert, even though I was completely stuffed I mourned that last piece when it was all gone :( Only downside is the fact it is so expensive so it will have to be kept for special occasions.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Great food, great staff. Really enjoyed everything. . Would most definately return and eat here again. Yum yum yum yum yummy

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I'm a real meat eater... especially red meat. I very often order a steak nice and bloody. But when my friend invited me for dinner at Cafe Paradiso, I had to go just to see. I loved it. It was nothing short of amazing. In fact, I don't have a word in my vocabulary to describe how in awe I was. Service was excellent and the wine was tasty. What they do with vegetables is incredible. In fact, I didn't eat meat for four days after. Denis Cotter is a genius.