“Great stay in a great city”

Ardara House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Ardara House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #53 of 60 Cork B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed here for three nights and loved it. Great views of the city with a comfortable homely feel about the place. Found the people working there very friendly and helpful. It's in a great location, a short walk to the bus station, train station and city centre. Would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Ardara House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Having arrived soaking wet after a downpour, I was given towels at the door and my bag carried to my room while I dried off by the fire. Staff were genuinely lovely and bent over backwards to make me feel welcome (which was lovely as I was on my own), yummy hot breakfast too!

They're pretty high up on a hill so the view over the city is gorgeous and are walking distance from the bus station which was handy for me.
My room was quite large, very clean and was nicely heated. It's a gorgeous old building with some great modern touches inside.
Aidan and Mary have a great knowledge of the area and nice places to visit nearby plus they're good for a chat!

Would definitely stay there again as Ardara really did feel like a home away from home and for the price, it's great for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Front facing room had a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Had a great, restful stay at Ardara House recently. So close to the city, Location is great. Nice views from Living room. Mary is lovely and genuine, makes you feel very welcome and at home. Was in Cork for shopping and I would highly recommend Ardara for a weekend getaway. (Great value, too).

Some people seem to be spiteful with reviews for the sake of it - this is a charming and welcoming B&B, will definately be back when in Cork!

Room Tip: If you're in a room facing the city, you will have some lovely views :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

On arrival by the worker who was managing the place. She was very rude and abrupt. BE AWARE, as we had booked our room through the Irish Tourist Board we had already paid our deposit thro them. On arrival, both the owner & manager disputed this & wanted us to pay again. Lucky we had a receipt to prove it. They claimed that they had no record of our booking
Room extremely small. Only one tea bag & milk each.
Breakfast extremely poor. Not value for money.
The B&B is up a steep hill, which was ok for us but if you have heavy bags u may need a taxi. The view from our room was nice.
Would not stay here again though

Room Tip: Top front rooms have the view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ratnaz
ardhouse, Owner at Ardara House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

On this particular occasion, I was not present. However I would never stand by this type of behaviour by any staff. Regarding the booking - there was a mistake made, and I was not informed of that booking by Bord Failté. We always strive to resolve any customer issues satisfactorily. In this case, the customers were charged only 20euro per person in high season - exceptional value for money by any standards. I, as owner, like to treat customers with courtesy as I like to be treated myself.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Jail cell rooms. Mary lovely lady. Girl who manages the B&B and who answers the door is very very rude. Very loud and noisy as manager is constantly opening and closing her door which other guests can hear and she pounds up and down the stairs to open front door. Very unhappy!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Anon A

I regret to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. I take pride in guest satisfaction and unfortunately, the behaviour of this staff member does not live up to standards. This employee is no longer part of Ardara House.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

I have stayed in the Ardara twice this year and have found both stays exceptional. The owner Mary and staff, Mia, are both friendly. welcoming and helpful. It was easy feel at home in this B & B, the room itself was exactly what we needed, very clean with an en- suite, t.v and tea/coffee. When I visit Cork again I will definatly be checking into the Ardara :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank NatD649
Reviewed 14 June 2011

When I had spoke to Mary on the phone she had been very welcoming.... That was the end of that when we arrived. We were greeted by an overseas work who said "your early!, you will have to go away and come back later"... we had been travelling for 6 hours and beings it was breakfast time we didn't even get a cup of tea offered to us. Later that day we got given our Prison Cell!!!!!! (room 7)..... the bed's were that worn and broke that I just rolled from one side of the bed to the other. the carpet was filthy, the cold water tap came off in my hand, the shower screen came of the rails. There was a kettle in the room, but no pug socket to use it, plus no tea bags!!.... then the worst bit poo on the wall next to the toilet. We paid 50 euro a night, its such a rip off. the breakfast was cheap fruit, cheap spread, one slice of toast each, and cereal........Please do not say here!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kelly1323

In response to Kelly,

I'm sorry that your was not up to our usual standard. The worker that you refer to is no longer part of Ardara House.

I reject the description of the room as a "prison cell". Guests are always shown room before they decide to book or not, and in addition, the room is question is a sizeable double room for a bed and breakfast, which measures approx 15ft x 15ft.

Regarding comments about the cleanliness of the room - I do find this insulting. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned each day. It's also untrue regarding the shower rails and tap as I have had no issue with them. The socket for the kettle is beneath the kettle tray.

We always strive for the highest quality here at Ardara and I do find this review questionable.