“TERRIBLE”

Ardara House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Ardara House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #53 of 60 Cork B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here this year. We were welcomed by Mary who informed us our room was not ready. She tried to charge us more than the price we had agreed to over the phone. When we got to our room or cell it was manky dirty, smelly and cold the whole night through.The breakfast was a joke im sure she microwaved it. The only plus was that it is close to the city and train station. MY ADVICE STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank donna c
ardhouse, Owner at Ardara House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

In response to Donna - Check in time is at 4pm and rooms are always ready by that time. We would always stay with price agreed beforehand. The comments regarding the room are simply not true. Also, the breakfast is freshly cooked each morning. I find this review insulting and highly questionable. Mary.

There are newer reviews for Ardara House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Myself and my wife are street performers, we visited Cork for the street performance championships in July...what a classic city cork is. I'd really recommend the english market and the outdoor shops on macurtain street...oh and the park in Fitzgerald, which is very near the Mardyke.

Anyway, our stay at Ardara was very pleasant, had wide views over most of the city. Aidan and Mary showed us some nice places to eat and also helped with our luggage when we had to get to Dublin on the train. Would highly recommend, really great value too compared to some other places we looked at. Also, try Spice Route and the Berries Fruit and Ham shop on the nearby Macurtain St. Tastyyyy

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
ardhouse, Manager at Ardara House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Thank You for the kind review, it was a pleasure to have you and we hope to see you again!!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed here for three nights and loved it. Great views of the city with a comfortable homely feel about the place. Found the people working there very friendly and helpful. It's in a great location, a short walk to the bus station, train station and city centre. Would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Having arrived soaking wet after a downpour, I was given towels at the door and my bag carried to my room while I dried off by the fire. Staff were genuinely lovely and bent over backwards to make me feel welcome (which was lovely as I was on my own), yummy hot breakfast too!

They're pretty high up on a hill so the view over the city is gorgeous and are walking distance from the bus station which was handy for me.
My room was quite large, very clean and was nicely heated. It's a gorgeous old building with some great modern touches inside.
Aidan and Mary have a great knowledge of the area and nice places to visit nearby plus they're good for a chat!

Would definitely stay there again as Ardara really did feel like a home away from home and for the price, it's great for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Front facing room had a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Had a great, restful stay at Ardara House recently. So close to the city, Location is great. Nice views from Living room. Mary is lovely and genuine, makes you feel very welcome and at home. Was in Cork for shopping and I would highly recommend Ardara for a weekend getaway. (Great value, too).

Some people seem to be spiteful with reviews for the sake of it - this is a charming and welcoming B&B, will definately be back when in Cork!

Room Tip: If you're in a room facing the city, you will have some lovely views :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

On arrival by the worker who was managing the place. She was very rude and abrupt. BE AWARE, as we had booked our room through the Irish Tourist Board we had already paid our deposit thro them. On arrival, both the owner & manager disputed this & wanted us to pay again. Lucky we had a receipt to prove it. They claimed that they had no record of our booking
Room extremely small. Only one tea bag & milk each.
Breakfast extremely poor. Not value for money.
The B&B is up a steep hill, which was ok for us but if you have heavy bags u may need a taxi. The view from our room was nice.
Would not stay here again though

Room Tip: Top front rooms have the view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ratnaz

On this particular occasion, I was not present. However I would never stand by this type of behaviour by any staff. Regarding the booking - there was a mistake made, and I was not informed of that booking by Bord Failté. We always strive to resolve any customer issues satisfactorily. In this case, the customers were charged only 20euro per person in high season - exceptional value for money by any standards. I, as owner, like to treat customers with courtesy as I like to be treated myself.

Mary.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Jail cell rooms. Mary lovely lady. Girl who manages the B&B and who answers the door is very very rude. Very loud and noisy as manager is constantly opening and closing her door which other guests can hear and she pounds up and down the stairs to open front door. Very unhappy!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Anon A

I regret to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. I take pride in guest satisfaction and unfortunately, the behaviour of this staff member does not live up to standards. This employee is no longer part of Ardara House.

Mary.