“Coldest Place "Always "”
Review of Castelli's

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre
Cork, Ireland
“Coldest Place "Always "”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Have been a frequent patron for few years. Place has only one fan heater over entrance door. Heating newer on. Always have to ask to put heating on. Had to eat out meal several times with outer coat on.
Seafood is Terrible and not fresh. Prawns are tough shrimp, like leather at are mussels.
Never again Will we eat there. Always empty. Like walking into
Antarctica. They are cutting off help nose to spite their face.. Was told by waitress that kitchen heats back of restaurant. ITS FREEZING THERE.
Can't see this place remaining in business. NO COP ON.

Cork, Ireland
“Just don't go”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Other restaurants were packed - this one wasn't, we should have seen the signs...

30euro total for two mains that were incredibly poor quality and took 45 minutes to arrive. If you check out the menu, don't be fooled as what you will get will be far from it!

I complained in the end as my partner only received half of the meal he ordered. They said they were out of the food, and ten minutes later asked if he wanted an alternative to accompany it. He said yes as he was still hungry but had finished his meal once the side arrived.

Seriously, s***. Go somewhere else.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KimberleyMills
Cork
“Bland & Lumpy Mash & Steak Instead of Meatballs”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

When we were able to get a table without a reservation at a time when all other restaurants in the are were busy, we should have realised that there might have been a reason for same! Unfortunately, there was. I regret to say that this is the poorest 'Italian' restaurant in which I have dined.
Whilst I realise that Italian food is not all about pizza and pasta, I did not expect to see so many dishes from other countries on the menu. I chose the Bruschetta as my starter which was presented as a pizza base with some tomato sauce and olives on top - not seasoned and nothing special. They also had no sauvignon blanc wine- another first for me. Finally, my main course was described as monkfish with a herb mash. I was served mashed potato that was extremely lumpy, one piece being almost as big as my fork! Also, there was no seasoning(at all!) and certainly no herbs. Nothing at all has been added to the mash. Bland and lumpy! No excuse for getting mash wrong. I would not normally complain but I did mention to them that that mash was very poor and after the first two tastes did not eat any more of same. I got a brief 'sorry' and that was it.
My husband chose spaghetti and meatballs, supposedly a house speciality. Anyway, they had no meatballs so just took it upon themselves to slice up steak and serve it with the bland tomato sauce instead....no consultation or opportunity to chose something else off the menu.

On the plus side, the monkfish itself was lovely and the chocolate fudge cake was fine(although definitely bought in). One waitress was great(so we still left a tip as well as paying full price). The other one didn't have a clue!

There are plenty of great restaurants in Cork city. However, this is not one of them.

• Visited November 2013
Limerick, Ireland
“disappointed”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Went with high expectations but left disappointed by both food and service. Orders took a very long time especially for simple pasta dishes. Everything was under-seasoned and lacked the care and passion expected of Italian food.

• Visited November 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Lucky to get 2 stars....”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

....The food was poor. Bruschetta was atrocious, pizza was okay but my friends pasta dishes were far from fantastic. Also there were mexican and curry dishes on the menu in an italian restauraunt which I found bizzare.
One star is for service, one star for the fact that its bring your own alcohol.

Cork is full of good eaterys, I would skip this one an keep walking.

• Visited August 2013