“Dissapointed!”
Review of Aqua Spa

Aqua Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Spas & Wellness in Cork
More attraction details
Owner description: Health & Beauty Spa based in Eden Hall, Model Farm Road, Cork Open Mon to Fri 9am to 9pm & Sat 9 to 6pm Early Apt's also available from 7am on Friday
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dissapointed!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I am pregnant and wanted an indian head massage. I called in to bishopstown and booked one. I specifically asked the receptionist if they were ok for pregnant women. She said they were fine. I arranged a babysitter for the next evening and drove over again. The masseuse explained that it could be dangerous for me to have one and she wouldnt recommend it. Now i understand that people can make mistakes but what really annoyed me is that when i politely explained to the masseuse that i had got the ok from the receptionist about being pregnant and had had to arrange a babysitter for this appointment i got no apology at all. In fact she became quite rude and defensive in the end! I left feeling a lot more stressed than i had arrived! it had taken a hour out of my evening. I would have had no problem going back due to the original mixup. however they lost a potential customer with their bad attitude!

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Ray2013x

Cork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Grab one deal”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I bought the facial and indian head massage grab one deal for me and a friend as a treat. When booking it the lady on the phone was so helpful and I thought that the customer service based on that would be fantastic. This was in the douglas branch.

We couldn't find the spa and rang for directions but the girl was snappy when I didn't understand what she was saying. Arrived eventually and went to the reception to check in and there was a girl there on her mobile phone texting - she barely looked up and told us to go sit in the relaxation room without taking our names.

She then came into the relaxation room abruptly and asked if anyone was there for the medispa- no one answered her as they obviously weren't and she walked out in a huff and muttering under her breathe.

The girl who did the treatment was very good for me - not so good for my friend and she wasnt at all happy with hers.

When we were leaving there was four or five of the staff around the counter chatting and no one said goodbye or went to take our vouchers - we were just left standing around like idiots. I walked out and then told them that they hadnt taken our vouchers and eventually they took them but without a goodbye or how was it or anything.

Really bad service and I wouldn't be wastnig my money. If I was paying full price for the treatments I would really have been disgusted.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Siobhan N
AquaSpaCork, Owner at Aqua Spa, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear Siobhan

After reading your review on Trip Advisor, I am extremely disappointed to hear your experience. I would welcome the opportunity discuss your experience that you had with us further, if you could contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Trudi Hickey
cork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thank you AquaSpa”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I had a very hard 2011 and decided to treat myself to some me time this year. Some work friends had recommended a day spa in Douglas. Omg it was a little piece of heaven on earth. The staff were so friendly and professional, the treatment was just what i needed and the relaxation room was just great as i was in no rush or no one made me feel like i had to rush away. I had an amazing Elemis facial and will highly recommend it. Im not one to write on these site but Aquaspa has given me a great start to 2012. Thanks

Visited January 2012
5 Thank Suzie K
Mayo
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Clean”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Plenty of pools & a nice gym public hours there , parking can be a problem

2 Thank snoopcamp
Cork, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Place to Escape”
Reviewed 3 April 2010

I have been to the Aquaspa in Bishopstown & Douglas a number of times for facials, nails & spray tans. I've always found the therapists and the girl's at reception to be extremely pleasant and helpful. Started going there about 18 months ago and they always send you a text each month to give you there special offers which we all want & need at the moment. Used to go the the Spas in the major hotels in Cork for special occasions but you get the exact same treatments for a lot less cost. It's my little piece of heaven every few weeks.

3 Thank EBDCork