“Comfortable night away”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I used this hotel this week, while visiting a company in the nearby business park. For me it was ideally located and about 20 minutes from the airport. The gentleman who booked me in was polite and friendly and happy to help. As I was late arriving I chose to eat in the room, again the food was good and the staff polite. The only down side was there was no bottled water in the room. There was a fridge in my room, but it was not stocked. Breakfast is a buffet like many hotels, again the staff friendly and the service good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I will relay your feedback to the rest of the team here.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went for an overnight stay with 3 friends. We did the girls just wanna have fun package which included bnb, dinner, 2 spa treatments and a cocktail on arrival. The hotel itself is a good bit out from town but its not too expensive when you get a group taxi. The hotel itself is beautiful. The reception area is all decorated for Christmas and looks fab.The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds and a walk in shower. The cocktail on arrival was a sex on the beach.. very tasty but had zero alcohol in it. We had a two course dinner in the hotel restaurant. We booked in for 8.30pm and there was nobody else in the restaurant so very little atmosphere. The menu choice is very limited but what we got was gorgeous.. crab cakes and a steak dinner. They could do with investing in proper steak knives though I like mine well done and found it a bit tough to cut. For spa treatments I got my eyebrows and nails done and the beauticians were both lovely and very professional. The relaxation room is lovely aswell very peaceful i nearly fell asleep! The breakfast is probably the best i've ever had in a hotel.. hot, great choice and wonderful presentation. Had a really good say and would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank miakav86
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have relayed your feedback in relation to the coctail that you ordered to the Bar Manager.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was at meetings for a company in the Eastgate Business park - the hotel is more or less on the campus. Its close by and it has everything you need. Full service hotel without the high prices. Free fantastic breakfast - great food, friendly and helpful staff - free wifi (which is a checklist item for me) I cant find anything not to like about it. The pricing is reasonable and its a good value for business people especially if you are wanting to be near the east gate business park. I checked in and the staff contacted me and said - how about we move you to this better room? Who does that in the US? They helped me move to a better upgraded room without me asking for it and carried my stuff - and get this - would not accept a tip. The culture here is service oriented and customer oriented - this would rarely if ever happen in the US. Wonderful service - would I stay anywhere else in Cork - probably not.

Room Tip: away from the bar - the music noise can get loud. Just ask staff for a quiet room.

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read your review of the hotel along with the kind words in relation to our wonderful team here at the hotel and the level of service that we provide.

Front Office Manger

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The room and bathroom were very clean, aesthetically pleasing and spacious with a nice contemporary look. We really enjoyed the king size bed with amazingly comfortable pillows. We had drinks at the bar in the evening where we met Martin who made me a delicious daiquiri. He made our stay unforgettable through his kindness and helpfulness. He took time to speak to us despite being busy and offered us help with things to do in Cork. We felt he genuinely cared about us. He even came to greet us at breakfast the next morning and wish us a pleasant day. The Island Grill bar food was really good and we would definitely recommend their pizzas!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank FenGr

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork..

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will relay your feedback to Martin who will be delighted with your kind words.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Would just like to say a big thank you to all at reception who made my stay very pleasant. They were all very helpful when i need help and when i asked for any information They all could not be more helpful from the time i checked in to the time left.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read your comments in relation to our Front Office Team. The friendliness of our staff is of the utmost importance to us here at the hotel.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Myself and my friend did the "Girls just wanna have fun" spa package at the hotel yesterday. This included 3 treatments and lunch and a cocktail in the hotel bar. I can't say enough about the Spa! The staff were wonderful and I got one of the best massages ever. The pool is great with lots of jets and includes a sauna and a steam room. The relaxation area was wonderful, quiet and serene. Great Customer Service in the Spa.
Prior to going into the spa we had tea for 2 and a scone for 1, it cost 7.95 which is very pricey. Then we went for lunch after the spa. The service in the bar is very, very slow. I ordered vegetarian pasta with goats cheese and my friend ordered the chowder. After a 20 minute wait, we were served by a friendly waitress. The quality of the food wasn't good. The goat's cheese was almost non-existent on my pasta and the chowder was watery and not very nice! I would not revisit the bar again unless someone told me that the food and service had improved.
You have lots of good things going on at the hotel but there are definitely areas for improvement. Thanks.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time in the hotel.

I have relayed your feedback to the Spa and the Bar and it is very much appreciated.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

On business in Cork for first time so took the gamble with internet search engine and recommendations from Trip Advisor.

Didn't arrive until late but staff were friendly and efficient for check in. Room was very spacious and had all the amenities that a business traveller could require. Only concern was I was given a twin room and don't sleep that well in single bed, but was too late and I was too tired to ask reception for a swap for only one night.

Plenty free parking and free internet access included in room cost which is always a winner for the business man.

Had dinner in bar rather than restaurant and found the food to be of a good standard, although a bit cold on arrival. The breakfast was ok, standard buffet for €15 which seems the going rate in these types of hotels at present.

One issue I did have was locating the hotel, entrance from business park is not well sign posted.

Best testimony I can give is I would probably go back when next in Cork.

Room Tip: Based on my room all seem good.

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.