“Pricey, Nice Room but no Internet”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tralee, Ireland
“Pricey, Nice Room but no Internet”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Over all this is lovely property.. altough there is some evidence of lack of maintenance.

The staff on the main we pleasant enough (Agnes in particular was extremely helpful). However on checking in I was asked if I was at the wrong hotel - as the receptionist couldn't find my booking. Once we had overcome the spelling of my name I was checked in. Note very few staff seem to speak native english (or Irish of course).

The bar staff simply don't smile (Agnes excepted). Food is good enough in the bar, but the bar lacks any atmosphere.

Given my "special" rate of €108 B&B the room was good, nice size TBH. Also there is an iron in each room - perfect for business.

Here is my biggest gripe though. The interet simply does not work reilably in the business centre. When I asked some local attendees at our meeting about this, it seems it is a known issue. Also the whole time I was there I was unable to connect my phone the internet either.

Also don't go here expect gardens or views.. it's in a car retail park!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SteveGas
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 13 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issue in relation to your reservation on arrival to the hotel.

I was surprised to read your feedback in relation to the staff in the bar. I will certainly pass your feedback to Agnes.

We are currently invesitgating the issue regarding your internet connection yesterday, some devices may not connect due to firewalls but we are in contact with our service provider to ensure that we can deliver the best service possible to all of our guests.

I hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
clonakilty, Ireland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

excellent service all round welldone food was excellent very friendly and well mannered very comfortable hotel it had a homely feel to the place and beautiful scenary around the hotel we would recommend this hotel to anyone business leisure family holiday good location for train bus or car close to city and fota wildlife park and cobh and ferry port

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 12 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read your comments in relation to the level of service that you received here at the hotel and especially in relation to our friendly and well mannered team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on the 5 th of march. I was attending a trade function at this hotel, firstly there are no signs on access roads for this hotel, which seemed a general topic of conversation among Cork people attending the Spanish wine tasting event. No water jugs provided at event.
The lady on duty at reception who greeted me when I arrived to book in, told me I would have pay up front for my overnight stay, I had no problem with this but her manner was off hand.
That night I had a meal in the bar area, the food is basic and pricey for what is served. Iam a chef so I know what the food presented costs. This is not 4 stars.
The staff on duty in the bar area did not seem the happiest at their work. This is something new for me to see at a Raddisson hotel in Ireland.
The bedroom was fine, shame management would not use Irish products like Barrys or Bewleys for their teasmade .
This is a function hotel.
Funny when checking out the same lady asked wold I like a printout of my bill, oh the bill I paid yesterday !!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

Although your feedback is very much appreciated, I was somewhat surprised to read your feedback in relation to the event which you attended at the hotel as we received some wonderful feedback from the event organisors, they have even suggested that they will host future events here with us.

In relation to payment on arrival, it is company policy that if you cannot provide a credit card for pre-authorisation on arrival, then pre payment is required. It is also our company policy to offer our guests a copy of their receipt on departure whether they have prepaid on arrival or otherwise.

We pride ourselves at the friendliness and helpfulness of the team here at the hotel, however I will most certainly investigate the feedback in relation to our team.

Should you return to Cork in the future, I would hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork and perhaps you could experience the wonderful hospitality that myself and my colleagues have to offer.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a two night break and I must say we really enjoyed our stay.Unfortunately we were unable to use the gym and spa as my husband is using crutches for torn ligaments But I did notice both appeared to be busy.
Shops etc nearby suited us as we were unable to venture far although a quick jaunt to Cobh suited our needs.
The breakfast was brilliant,great selection of hot and cold items and we loved the pancake maker and fresh oranges and grapefruit rather than tinned. All staff were very helpful and service efficient. We are looking forward to our next break where hopefully we can make use of all amenities !!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 10 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Perhaps once your husbands injury has healed fully, you could return to us and experience the delights of our Hydrotherapy Pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Myself and my wife celebrated our pearl anniversary which we stayed in this hotel. We could not have got more hospitality from the staff which were extremely helpful. The food and facilities are excellent and the pool is a bonus. The only downside to our weekend stay was that we had to leave! John and Irene from Dublin

• Stayed March 2014
Dear John & Irene,

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork and congratulations on reaching your Pearl Anniversary.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Perhaps you can return for your next anniversary but hopefully we will meet again before this.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Waterford
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stay here quite a few times for work. Nice, efficient staff, plenty car parking, good food and nice clean room. Only downside is that its a little bit outside the city if you want to go out in the evening for a meal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed each of your stays with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Lovely hotel pleasant stay. Rooms clean. Staff very nice and caring approach. 10 min walk to train station. Cork city 8 minute train journey. Food in the hotel is good room for improvement. I would stay here again -YES...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you also found our staff to be caring.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.