“Honest Review”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice hotel located in an industrial area the staff are corporate focused which is understandable but predictable....... as a result it is a totally generic Radisson hotel...... you could be anywhere... well appointed but ultimately characterless which is disappointing when it could be so much more....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Kieran N,

Thank you for your recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I would be delighted to discuss your review further with you. Perhaps, should you have some free time, you can contact myself directly at 021 4297000.

I hope to hear from you soon.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Was at a fundraiser in this hotel recently. Went to the bar before entering function to get a drink. The service was a disgrace. Stood for about 10 minutes waiting patiently but was not approached by a member of staff. While I acknowledge that it was extremely busy the same night, surely management were aware that it was going to be & should have ensured that they had enough staff on. A manager happened to walk by & I explained I was waiting 10 minutes for a drink & he said he was organising more staff. More staff arrived & the manager himself went behind the bar, still 10 minutes later I (& many others) were still waiting to b served. I called the manager again & eventually got served. Later on in the night a few of us came back out to the bar for a drink & again service was poor. They ran out of glasses so gave plastic ones & I also heard bar staff discussing customers in not a very nice way. Customer service standard is very poor from what I experienced here. If the hotel can't cope with such crowds why did they agree to take the booking??

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Jilser,

Thank you for your recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience in the hotel on the night in question.

I would like to assure you that the level of service which you received is not the normal standard of service which we deliver to our guests.

I have relayed your feedback to the General Manager for future bookings for events such as the event that you attended.

In relation to the plastic glasses which you received in the bar, we do provide these glasses when there is a large event in the hotel such as the event that you attended. This is for the Health & Safety of our guests.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so that you would allow us to showcase our high standards or service along with the friendliness of the team here.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We attended a wedding reception here in April and stayed the night. Two adults, a teen and a pre-teen, we were offered two connecting adjoining rooms; double bed in ours, double and single in theirs. Excellent fittings and comfort. Check-in was smooth and professional despite being under pressure from several people arriving simultaneously. The quality of meal at the reception was impressive and the buffet breakfast the following morning sated everyones taste and appetite. Sleep quality was exceptional, I usually have some difficulty in dropping-off to sleep in a new location or else wake-up halfway through the night. Not this time! The stay was topped-off for us by being able to use the pool for an hour before check-out at midday. They appear to use a chlorine alternative (I'm a nosy git and usually make enquiries when I encounter something like this but we were on a deadline...). Enquire if there are any functions before you book so you don't book over the function room. The DJ played AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" at full volume in the early hours of the morning. My wife was checking on the kids in the bedroom and heard nothing whilst the fillings in my head began to vibrate! There was a 90% drop in volume just outside the function room door which says a lot for the soundproofing! You're 10 minutes by car from the City Centre or Five minute walk to the nearby train station. Great location and great stay. If you're coming to Cork, put this hotel on your list of possible places to stay.

Room Tip: Do not book a room over the main function room if there's going to be band/DJ playing
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Virtual-inspector,

Thank you for your recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the wedding which you attended here at the hotel.

Perhaps, should you return, you could relax and rejuvinate at the Retreat Spa & Fitness Centre, followed by dinner in the Island Grillroom.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Situated in Little Island, Cork, the location of Radisson Blue Hotel and Spa would not be very ideal if traveling by bus... As my partner and I have earlier planned. To get here, it would have to be via car (best option) or train -- but there would be a 15 min walk until you get to the hotel.

The room itself was clean and elegant, the bed large and can accommodate the both of us comfortably. When we found out that the hair dryer was broken, we immediately got a replacement.

The Elemis spa located on the ground floor was elegant and luxurious... The motif inviting the senses to have a look at the simple but relaxing decor. The therapist followed every instructions... although I probably could have the same massage for half the price in a different spa. I was quite relaxed after my massage which lasted for half an hour.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Heyalleen,

Thank you for your recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us especially your comments in relation to the Retreat Spa & Fitness Centre.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel was filled up except for some rooms over the ball room which was having a wedding reception. We were told that an Irish wedding has a band until 11pm then a DJ until 3am. So we would hear music until 3am. (others told us the guests then go back to the rooms to then party). Elaine called 7 other hotels in the area to find out if they were still "selling rooms" she finally found one for us, gave us directions and asked that hotel to hold it for us. We had previously been at the Best Western and they sent us to the R.B. Cork blindly because they were fully booked.

Thanks to Elaine at the front desk of the Radisson for helping us out.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Dillboy,

Thank you for your recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I would especially like to thank you for your lovely comments in relation to our colleague Elaine, I'm sure she will be delighted to hear your kind words.

Perhaps, should you return to Cork in the near future, you could call us at 00353 21 4297000, to reserve a room ahead, I am sure that we will be in a position to accommodate you in a quiet room where an Irish Wedding will not affect the quality of your sleep during your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice big room well equipped Trouser press ,kettle,safe and fancy lighting, great swimming pool and sauna , good bar food .Very nice breakfast selection lots of variety ,Very friendly reception staff and i would go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Kieran S,

Thank you for your recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your wonderful comments in relation to our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at the Radisson Blue several times, and have found it to be a consistently excellent hotel which never disappoints. The staff is friendly and very professional, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the facilities are all first class, and the location is much more convenient to the Irish country side than many of the other hotels located in the city of Cork.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Leo J S,

Thank you for your recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us along with your past stays.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa upon your return to Cork.