“Highly recommend this hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Highly recommend this hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I work in the travel business and i have to say the level of service we received in this hotel was outstanding. James, Ursula and Padraig (manager) at the front desk were very helpful and friendly throughout our say. They simply could not do enough for us. The rooms are fabulous, spacious, quiet and super clean. We also had lunch in the Banks bar, it was very tasty. The hotel is in a great location, close to fota island wildlife park and Cobh both easily accessible by the N25. At great value for money my boyfriend and I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Mulbride,

Thank you for your recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for your wonderful comments in realtion to Urszula, Padraig and James, who will only be too delighted to hear your wonderful feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 7 August 2014

staff were friendly and helpful,when we arrived my 6y/o daughter got a activity bag,nice touch.swimming pool was the best we were ever in.As for the room it was brilliant.Buffet breakfast kept us going for the day.We Will use this hotel again

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Kroworx,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Perhaps, should you return during the school holidays, your daughter could visit our Blu Birds Kids Camp.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Expected quality from Radisson and certainly wasn't disappointed. From the very warm welcome by fast, efficient staff on reception to great bar and restaurant staff. Everybody made me feel welcome.
The rooms are very well appointed and comfortable. Best nights sleep in a long time so, yes, the beds are very comfortable.
The bar/restaurant facilities are great and you can choose between eating casually in the bar or go the whole hog in the restaurant.
Motorway (Freeway) on one side (never heard a thing) and industrial/office complex on the other side (you would never know its there).
Excellent modern hotel built around an old country mansion.
I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I was in a room on the opposite side from the motorway (freeway) and had a great nights sleep.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear artifex1954,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would especially like to thank you for your comments in relation to our staff here at the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel, should you return to Cork.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Myself, my partner and our 2 toddlers enjoyed a mid week break here in early July. Buffet breakfast was great, staff very accommodating with our children. We ate at the bar, very enjoyable. Leisure facilities were excellent and gym well equipped. Hotel close to cork city and also to the likes of Ballycotton, kinsale, cobh etc so ideal central location for day trips. Rooms very clean and staff very polite & friendly.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Fergus o,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, should you return to Cork.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and found it pleasant. The rooms were spacious but got very warm/stuffy. Reception did provide a fan on request. Staff were friendly and very pleasant. The breakfast was very good and the overall hotel was stylish, very clean and well maintained. I'd recommend this hotel to others as it was good value for money.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Stephen T,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would especially like to thank you for your lovely comments in relation to the staff at the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

comber
Reviewed 5 August 2014

family 3 day break booked well in advance 2 adjoining rooms perfect for our 3 children...best pool i've been in for years in Ireland boys aged 8 & 9 loved all the spa water jets, sorted my back ache too! Ate once in lounge/bar food was varied and reasonably priced...staff were very attentive to our quirky requests as were bar staff who kept tab opened for daughter 15 while we were there and remembered drink orders the following night, well done. got a bit rowdy Friday eve, Cork were live on RTE & a wedding was well under way. Apart from the constant door slamming I can't complain...its a hotel and it did cease about 0300hrs;->> Breakfast typically good quality irish affair with plenty of alternative continental choices...once again staff were great.

Room Tip: rooms facing cork to waterford motorway are noisy especially in summer with windows opened
Green Features: usual towel tips...can't recall anything other than flyers!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bigvid,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

dublin, ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this night using our Carlson Club points and everything went smoothly. Room was spacious, very clean and ready for us upon our late evening check in. Breakfast buffet is Radisson quality. Staff very nice. Was our 2nd stay here very handy to get to FOTA which is less than 15 minutes drive. Would gladly return as the pool is lovely but we had no time for swimming, next time!

Room Tip: room 176 had a disabled toilet and (lower door eye hole)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nancenet70,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.