“highly recommend”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ireland
“highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

stayed here recently after family wedding, fantastic hotel, staff highly recommended, reception and conference staff in particular. More of a business hotel than leisure but I did like it. Food very good at function and very good breakfast. Small kiddies playground (very small) but still good to have it. we didn't try the leisure centre but rooms were good, spacious etc. I would recommend but probably more for business than families.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
shanefitzpatrick, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to relay your feedback.
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Kind Regards

Shane Fitzpatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Commuter hotel at present, could be so much more Non-family friendly facilities If you've got kids avoid it, they'll get bored!!! Don't look for entertainment at night - there isn't any!! Good Location for commuting in and out of Cork This is a business commuting hotel at best - not a family hotel!!! Although the Staff are very friendly!!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank 509dymphnaf
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear 509dymphnaf,

Thank you for your recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I would also like to thank you for your wonderful feedback in relation to our staff at the hotel.

During primary school holidays, we have the Blu Birds Kids Camp running each evening from 6pm to 8pm along with an unsupervised movie room each evening.

We also have an outdoor playground for kids outside our restaurant.

If you feel that there are other facilities that we should provide for children, we would be delighted to hear about them so that we can make childrens stays with us more entertaining.

Should you wish to discuss this in further detail, please dont hesitate to contact myself directly at 0214297000.

Wishaw, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel was part of a seven day tour of Ireland this being the cork stop.I have not been travelling as much as others on here but have certainly covered all stars.I appreciate we all have different things we like but for me this is the best hotel I have been to. The room was amazing the welcome was great pampered in the bar and the pool was the best by a royal mile out of all the hotels with a pool I have visited.Breakfast was good too not amazing but overall loved it and wish I was back : )

Room Tip: all rooms will be good
1 Thank heyjoe1964
shanefitzpatrick, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Heyjoe1964,

Thank you for recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork and for the 5 stars.

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed the hotel and all the facilities and had time to relax in the swimming pool.

I have relayed your feedback to the Management Team here at the hotel.

Tullamore, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great location with or without a car as close to the railway station for train to Cork city. Staff are friendly and attentive. The food in the bar is excellent and there is great variety at breakfast and everything is still available right up to close of the dining room if you want a lie in. The pool is really warm with lots of zones for water massage for both standing and lying down. Best I have seen in a hotel pool. Had a couple of issues with noise from a machine next to our room and loud music from the function room which made sleep difficult but found the staff sympathetic and quick to try to resolve any problems. If you stay when a wedding reception is scheduled ask to be accommodated as far away from the function room as possible.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear pronsias502,

Thank you for recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had time to experience our great pool. I have relayed your feedback to the Team here at the hotel.

Kind Regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting Cork and whilst the Hotel is good with a fine buffet Breakfast it was a little out of the way even though we had a hire car as there were hardly any restaurants nearby. Whilst we were there they also held two large events in the Hotel meaning that the Hotel cap park became very full at times. Having said that the price was good as was the service and the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Chrisnsuzanne,

Thank you for recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have relayed your feedback to the Management Team here at the hotel.

Washington State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was a little nervous about this hotel when I read it was located in an industrial estate. However, there was nothing to worry about. The grounds were nice and the hotel was most conveniently located off the Dublin road.

The hotel is composed of a lovely old manor and a modern glass hotel. The old manor is lacking nice furniture which is a pity. It looks rather bare and forlorn. The manor has a nice garden but it too could benefit from more work.

The manor and its garden seem to be used for weddings. There was a big wedding underway during our stay but it did not impact hotel guests very much.

We stayed in two different rooms and we liked both of them. The second one was a business class room - we loved the two floor to ceiling windows but were surprised that the business class room was smaller than the non-business class room. We didn't use the robes but my daughter loved the espresso machine in the business class room,

Breakfast was great. Even my normally picky 4 year old grand-daughter loved everything. We ate dinner in the bar the first night. It was edible but that was about it - the chowder was tasteless and my fish was overcooked.

The pool was a big hit. We loved all the massaging jets and waterfalls. It is an exceptionally nice pool. Our only wish was that the pool would have stayed open later than 8 pm.

The staff were great - friendly and helpful. Overall, I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. It is a most pleasant place to stay. My grand-daughter wished that we could stay there forever.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear KerryBorn,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I work in the travel business and i have to say the level of service we received in this hotel was outstanding. James, Ursula and Padraig (manager) at the front desk were very helpful and friendly throughout our say. They simply could not do enough for us. The rooms are fabulous, spacious, quiet and super clean. We also had lunch in the Banks bar, it was very tasty. The hotel is in a great location, close to fota island wildlife park and Cobh both easily accessible by the N25. At great value for money my boyfriend and I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Mulbride,

Thank you for your recent review of Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for your wonderful comments in realtion to Urszula, Padraig and James, who will only be too delighted to hear your wonderful feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.