“Short but sweet” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cork, Ireland
“Short but sweet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great time here on my last visit.was here for a get together.really enjoyed our dinner and drinks in the bar.James(???) at front desk was very professional and helpful, a great asset to the team!will defiantly be back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
shanefitzpatrick, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Pierce L,

Thank you very much for the nice comment you left us. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will ensure that I pass on the compliments to James and he will be delighted.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

Shane Fitzpatrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
Shannon, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed over night with our 4 year old. The staff were lovely at reception and throughout the hotel and fitness center. The room was spacious and very comfortable. And while we had a pretty good comfortable sleep with no noise from other rooms, we did experience a bit of noise later in the night from outside the hotel. Our room was situated over the main door and as it was a very warm night we had to leave the window open (no air-con) so the noise from other guests either out smoking or coming back from town was a bit loud. (with the window closed you couldn't hear a thing) Our little man didn't wake up so it wasn't much of a problem just a little annoying for Mom and Dad. Breakfast was lovely and our little boy even managed to fit in a bit of play time in the playground which is just beside the breakfast room. The pool was AMAZING! It was warm enough to stay in there for a good hour and had lovely jets to ease our aching bodies after spending the previous days walking around Fota Wildlife park.
Unfortunately our son left his best friend in the room when we were leaving , his teddy bear 'Poo'. And even though I contacted the hotel twice about this, I didn't receive any replies. Disappointed that they didn't make more of an effort with returning the teddy bear. This wouldn't really deter me from staying here again, but it makes me think if they really care about the little guests they have staying with them. Little boys and their teddy bears/best friends are very important too!

Room Tip: If its summer time and warm stay away from rooms that are situated at the front entrance of the hote...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
shanefitzpatrick, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Sharon C,
Thank you very much for the nice comments you left us. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologise for the lack of response over the lost Teddy Bear. Could I ask that you contact me direct on 087- 7768710 or shane.fitzpatrick@radissonblu.com and I will look after this personally. I have checked with lost and found and there is a teddy there waiting to be picked up so I do hope that is him.

Shane
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed in the Radisson Blu Hotel in Cork from 13th to 16th August. The hotel was very busy so when I rang to book just the previous week I was offered a Business Class room and they would put in a bed for my 11 year old son. We arrived on the Wednesday evening to a very nice corner room, very clean with a huge comfortable bed, big television, adequate wifi, a nespresso coffee machine, kettle, and a suitable bed for our son. The bathroom was very clean and well equipped. We had bar food on two evenings and it was delicious (quite a few fish dishes on the menu). All staff we met from reception to the cleaners were extremely nice and pleasant. We went to the pool on two occasions and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a huge selection of food for the buffet breakfast each morning and you could also order various egg dishes and pancakes or waffles. There was a wedding on the Thursday and on the Friday but we never heard a thing either night. We very much enjoyed our break and would definitely recommend the hotel.

Dear Colette B,
Thank you very much for the nice comments you left.
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and in particular our swimming pool.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

From check in to departure we enjoyed every second.
The room was spotless and quiet with everything we needed.
We had bar food (which I highly recommend) and then a nice social evening sitting in the foyer having a few drinks.
The grounds are quite spectacular and well maintained.
We didn't get a chance to make use of the pool but plan on re-visiting.
After a sound nights sleep we had a hearty breakfast in a surprisingly efficient and well orchestrated restaurant.
The staff are warm and welcoming and attentive.
We look forward to visiting again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
shanefitzpatrick, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Clinton_Mike,

Thank you very much for taking the time to relay your feedback.
The team will be delighted to read the positive review.
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully next time you can get to use the pool.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had an excellant family break at the Radisson Cork, Where the staff were very friendly and helpful. The facilities for the family great especially the swimming pool/spa. The location of the hotel for travel around the Cork area was very convient.

Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Mary and Liam M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to relay your feedback.
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

kind Regards

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'll start this review by admitting that I'm biased to this hotel! I've been coming here for over six years and by now I know all the staff and they all know me, but apart from this all the staff are probably the best you can find anywhere.
I always get a great welcome as soon as I arrive and recently on a visit, when my wife was with me, she was also charmed by the warmth of the welcome. I don't have a need to use the health and beauty spa, however, while she was there my wife paid a visit (purely so I could make a comment!) and was full of praise for the staff and for the treatment that she experienced.
I especially love to have dinner in the restaurant and like the fact that they do change the menu on a regular basis.
There is also a gym and a pool for all who like to keep active.
To summarise, this is a great place to stay, whether you are on business or just spending some leisure time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank KAButler2014
Mr. Butler,
Thank you very much for your lovely review and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
The team will be delighted when they read the nice comments and we are all looking forward to seeing you in Cork soon.

Shane
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

stayed here recently after family wedding, fantastic hotel, staff highly recommended, reception and conference staff in particular. More of a business hotel than leisure but I did like it. Food very good at function and very good breakfast. Small kiddies playground (very small) but still good to have it. we didn't try the leisure centre but rooms were good, spacious etc. I would recommend but probably more for business than families.