“Please improve the kids menus and service”

Sutton's Bar and Bistro
Ranked #118 of 637 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, European, Irish, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Rochestown
“Please improve the kids menus and service”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The adults' food was fine, but not every child wants to eat party food all the time. A simple pasta or chicken (not nuggets) or vegetable dish would be so nice on the kids' set menu. The staff were efficient enough, but not welcoming and very reluctant to appear helpful in any way.

Visited March 2014

Cork
“Nice”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had Mothers Day Lunch here to day large group of us 14! I booked 2 high chairs 3 weeks ago when I made the booking for my 2 babies when we arrived today there was no high chairs . The waiter kindly said she would get them for us. I had to ask again and one arrived and I was informed they had no more I explained that I mentioned when I booked that needed 2. After about 5 minutes another one appeared it was great and we were looking forward to our lunch. 5 of us ordered the warm Cajun Chicken starter served with tossed salad in a filo basket with balsamic Dressing.
When they arrived they were the smallest portions I had ever seen honestly you could do better at home yourself 3 slices of thin chicken on a small bed of lettuce. AND NO FILO BASKET. I called our waitress and informed asked her why was it not what was on the menu. She explained she would check a couple of minutes later a waiter returned and explained they had no FILO baskets and he was very sorry. He offered to change them or we could order something else. He bought them back and they were in a much bigger bowl and more chicken but still very dry and not very good at all. The mains were very tasty and everybody agreed.
The desserts were also good but would of loved some just plan apple pie and some cream for my Dad. Overall it was nice and all staff were friendly even offered free round of drinks for the mix up with the starter.

• Visited March 2014
Douglas, Cork
“Superb Birthday Lunch”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

On 26 March, I came with my Mum and Dad for my birthday. Staff were lovely and food was fab. I'm sure we'll be back soon. Good choice on the menu from fish, chicken and lamb.

Wroclaw, Poland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Uneven quality of service and food”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Food quality varies, all seems to be pre-cooked, some items better - some worse. Sadly qualiy of service varies between attentive and kind and rude and unhelpful depending on the server.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank maciej D
Cork
“What a meal!!!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Had brilliant meal in Sutton's Bistro.
We had a lovely table in the corner of restaurant.
We both ordered the fish and chips. It was so fresh and crispy.
Excellent. Could only manage to share a dessert with coffee.
Also had a glass of very good house wine.

Visited December 2013